New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:09 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
seeing this dude give a speech just tickles me

Loved seeing him on the screen after listening to Thrawn.
[Reply]
srvy 06:38 PM 10-19-2022
The Bismuth pitch drop is more exciting than this show.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 PM 10-19-2022
Man - this is REALLY good.

And man, Stellan Skarsgard is so fucking great. He brings such intensity and weight to any role.

Though Diego Luna will always be Button from Open Range to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 PM 10-19-2022
Oh, and by the way, just remember that this is all a run up to his heroics in Rogue One that ultimately didn't mean fuck-all until Mary Sue Skywalker showed up decades later and was 'all the Jedi' or whatever.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck i hate that sequel trilogy so very much.

It even ruins the good stuff from the spin-offs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 PM 10-19-2022
mon mothma is so fucking hot
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:36 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and by the way, just remember that this is all a run up to his heroics in Rogue One that ultimately didn't mean ****-all until Mary Sue Skywalker showed up decades later and was 'all the Jedi' or whatever.

**** **** **** **** i hate that sequel trilogy so very much.

It even ruins the good stuff from the spin-offs.
The fact the animated series laid the groundwork for them to Days of Futures Past the sequel trilogy makes that my head canon for what happens to the sequels until proven otherwise.

Imagine having Thrawn and the original cast in your hands and fumbling the ball at the one yard line while doing a celebration. Jesus, Disney. They have other problems, though. Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac have all said they never want to return to the franchise. So not only did they create three refried ass movies, they also alienated their main stars in the process - something the prequels and George never, ever did.

So does Disney actually want to build up to three awful movies they can’t actually build from in the future? Time will tell.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:23 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Show is very good. Best they have done.
By a large margin.

It somewhat pisses me off that they are capable of greatness on this level, yet have given us so much dross.

Yet, I am thankful for this series.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:33 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
By a large margin.

It somewhat pisses me off that they are capable of greatness on this level, yet have given us so much dross.

Yet, I am thankful for this series.
It's the writing, direction, and cinematography we all expected from Kenobi. But Disney in their infinite wisdom opted to put the top brass from Trolls: The Beat Goes On on that writing staff instead.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:36 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The fact the animated series laid the groundwork for them to Days of Futures Past the sequel trilogy makes that my head canon for what happens to the sequels until proven otherwise.

Imagine having Thrawn and the original cast in your hands and fumbling the ball at the one yard line while doing a celebration. Jesus, Disney. They have other problems, though. Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac have all said they never want to return to the franchise. So not only did they create three refried ass movies, they also alienated their main stars in the process - something the prequels and George never, ever did.

So does Disney actually want to build up to three awful movies they can’t actually build from in the future? Time will tell.

They were the stars of the movies that completed the ruination of Star Wars. So, unless they get offered an insane amount of money (and maybe even then), why would they want to return to that?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:29 AM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Show is very good. Best they have done.
Wrong. Mandalorian still sits at the top of the TV hill.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and by the way, just remember that this is all a run up to his heroics in Rogue One that ultimately didn't mean ****
Rogue One once it gets to Scarif is the best "Star Wars" ever put on film.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:35 AM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wrong. Mandalorian still sits at the top of the TV hill.
First 7 episodes of Andor > First 7 Episodes of Mando

Mando is great - but Andor with it's tight plotting, world building of the empire, Game of Thrones and House of Cards quality small council/political intrigue, is building up an immersive world that could set a new standard for Star Wars. It's not only the writing - the acting (remember how wooden acting was just a requirement for Star Wars?) is incredible - even down to the bit parts, and so far all of Andor has been done with complete and utter respect for the overall canon.

That isn't a criticism of Mando. Mando was super important. It reignited Star Wars for a new generation. My students LOVE Star Wars now at a level that the sequel trilogy did not even touch. It created the magic of Star Wars at the level that the original trilogy once did and was huge for a franchise that had lost its way in the sequel trilogy. However, it's monster of the week (where in the world is Grogu?) style in Season 1 just isn't at the level (nor does it try to be) as Andor is right now. That is okay.

However, Andor still has to stick the landing. Episode 6 was the first test, imo, and they nailed it. But, as hard as it is to create an immersive and compelling universe, it's just as hard to stick the landing. Mando absolutely did in Season 2, we'll see if Andor can pull it off, too.
[Reply]
srvy 09:48 AM 10-22-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:05 AM 10-22-2022
First 7 episodes of Andor > First 7 Episodes of Mando
Apples and oranges.

I don't enjoy Andor as much as Mando.

I appreciate Andor more because it gives us something we haven't ever had.

My main concern with Andor is it is TOO slow, because it's only supposed to be two seasons? We could get 4-5 seasons out of this easy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:56 AM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Apples and oranges.

I don't enjoy Andor as much as Mando.

I appreciate Andor more because it gives us something we haven't ever had.

My main concern with Andor is it is TOO slow, because it's only supposed to be two seasons? We could get 4-5 seasons out of this easy.
A very fair concern, imo. Why limit the overall reach of this show? Even a third season would make me feel a lot better.

As far as Mando vs Andor, I’d be surprised if Andor has a moment that tops the sheer elation of badass green saber Luke appearing and decimating his way to Grogu - but part of what makes Andor new territory is that it isn’t relying on traditional Star Wars tropes to tell its story (Skywalkers, Jedi, Tatooine, etc).

But as for your apples and oranges comment - what is Chiefsplanet without hot takes? Chiefsplanet threads are built on burst!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:18 PM 10-22-2022
A very fair concern, imo. Why limit the overall reach of this show? Even a third season would make me feel a lot better.

As far as Mando vs Andor, I’d be surprised if Andor has a moment that tops the sheer elation of badass green saber Luke appearing and decimating his way to Grogu - but part of what makes Andor new territory is that it isn’t relying on traditional Star Wars tropes to tell its story (Skywalkers, Jedi, Tatooine, etc).

But as for your apples and oranges comment - what is Chiefsplanet without hot takes? Chiefsplanet threads are built on burst!
We are getting the equivalent of 3 seasons because it is 12 episode seasons.

Andor is doing things the way it used to be done. No jumping around for quick payback BS for short attention span mopes. Character building and real arc being created. it is fantastic. Easily my favorite Star Wars series thus far, and I love Mando.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up