ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Media Center>Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Tribal Warfare 09:04 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 07:14 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I watched it and it wasn't bad, but it's one of the few that I would likely not watch again. MCU has lost the 'edge' of the original movies.
I'm not sure they'll ever recapture the magic of the Infinity Saga. Infinity War and Endgame were just about as perfect combo as you can get in comic book movies, and it is hard to keep that momentum when the bar is set so super high.
[Reply]
Spott 07:40 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I watched it and it wasn't bad, but it's one of the few that I would likely not watch again. MCU has lost the 'edge' of the original movies.
I never saw the first one a second time, although I have seen all the other movies that the Black Panther was in multiple times. With the exception of the Spider-Man movies, everything has been pretty meh for me since the Infinity Wars saga.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:56 PM 11-15-2022
Just came back from seeing it. Movie was great. I can't say that I love the new BP but for this movie it works as this movie is more about grieving T'challa than replacing him
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:22 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm still just a little curious why this franchise isn't seen as comically racist.

I mean the protagonists ride safari creatures, speak in clicks and grunts and literally throw spears.

I just can't wrap my mind around the 'black empowerment' angle here. Many of them are super racist caricatures.

But shit, I'm a suburbanite cracker so what do I know?

It just strikes me as those really effeminate pre-op trannies who have these way over the top female mannerisms; a dude acting the way he thinks women behave. I can't figure out why women don't see that as SUPER offensive yet, most don't seem to.

{shrug} Not my sandbox...
Don't hurt yourself. Am I wrong or is there a difference in being racist and being racially insensitive or ignorant? Neither of which I think the portrayal of Wakanda is.

Marvel characters are often well researched nods to different historical and mythical figures, customs and cultures. There are some poorly written characters in the Marvel Universe though
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:03 PM 11-16-2022
This movie is white people are bad and black people are good and every black person can do no wrong and every black person can be a racist jerk but they can't actyually be racist because they are black.

What a racist pile of trash this bullshit is.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:36 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
This movie is white people are bad and black people are good and every black person can do no wrong and every black person can be a racist jerk but they can't actyually be racist because they are black.

I really don't think you know how ironic this post is... Calm down Francis...
[Reply]
-King- 12:12 AM 11-17-2022

So you watched it? What were your favorite parts and what parts didn't you like? Make sure you use a spoiler for the people who haven't seen it yet.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:00 AM 11-17-2022

Stuck the landing but probably not in the way you intended.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:43 AM 11-17-2022
TBF, the Avengers ARE a bit racist. Not a single one even showed up to T'Challas funeral.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
TBF, the Avengers ARE a bit racist. Not a single one even showed up to T'Challas funeral.
Maybe that's because Wakanda won't allow "colonizers" to attend theirs funerals!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 11-17-2022

Something tells me you didn't watch Black Knight.

I always got a kick out of a bunch of Shakespearian trained actors out there running slapstick while Martin Lawrence makes them look like goobers.

That's a whole lot of pride being swallowed right there.

If Passenger 57 pops up on your Netflix queue, may I recommend watching something else? You're not gonna like it very much...
[Reply]
listopencil 10:08 AM 11-17-2022
This movie is white people are bad and black people are good and every black person can do no wrong and every black person can be a racist jerk but they can't actually be racist because they are black.

Dang. You must have watched a different movie than I did. In the one I saw, the white people were on the periphery. There was this big battle between a bunch of black people and some Mesoamerican (I had to look that up) blue people. Then again color blindness does run in my family. My father and my son were/are afflicted. And here I thought I'd been spared - so maybe I have to rewatch it.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:16 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
So you watched it? What were your favorite parts and what parts didn't you like? Make sure you use a spoiler for the people who haven't seen it yet.
I thought it got off to kind of a messy start. A little disjointed but still interesting. If that had kept up I would have disliked the thing. But then...

Spoiler!

...and the movie really came together after that.

I really enjoyed...

Spoiler!

I found the antagonist to be pretty annoying although relatable enough to be interesting. And...

Spoiler!

...but it's probably better the way it ended up.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:14 PM 11-17-2022
So are there like 3 men left in Wakanda now?

Pretty hilarious that the people that scream non-stop about "RePrEsEnTaTiOn" forgot to put men in this movie.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 05:35 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So are there like 3 men left in Wakanda now?

Pretty hilarious that the people that scream non-stop about "RePrEsEnTaTiOn" forgot to put men in this movie.
I saw an article the other day with John Lequizamo complaining that they hired Chris Pratt to voice Mario. Coming from the Hispanic who played an Italian Luigi. Complained they they should have used POC for a white role. I wonder how people would have responded if they used a black actor to voice Donkey Kong, inclusive or racist? :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up