ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>What are you spinning part 3 (in 3-D)
Coochie liquor 08:02 PM 06-13-2022
So my boy eDave can’t make a new thread for reasons... and the part 2 thread is starting to bog down. So here we go with part 3 (in 3-D). Was hoping Scho would take the reigns but alas. It is I who shall bear the Bastard child of What you spinning. So gimme some fyah to jam too. I’ll lead off with one of my current favorites in post 2.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 02:10 PM 09-26-2022

Denise Crosby is the It girl and does backup vocals

I didn't listen to the 7th Star album until this year. It might be Iommi's best work since '75. It isn't Black Sabbath, though. This is cheesy blues rock. Glen Hughes has an amazing voice but it isn't the voice for Sabbath.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:38 AM 09-30-2022

[Reply]
scho63 10:07 AM 09-30-2022
The Head and the Heart - great band
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:00 PM 10-12-2022
My recording of the Blackberry Smoke acoustic set in Camdenton opening for Jamey Johnson:

archive.org/details/bbs2022-08-19.CA-11.24bit/bbs2022-08-19t01.flac

Right in between Hey Delilah and the Sleeping Dogs>Don't Come Around Here>Sleeping Dogs sequence, you'll hear the beginnings of a group of loud drunken rednecks chatting about "statute of limitations" and bullshit bullshit, so I stood up.

Dude told me to 'sit down' and I replied that I was good, as long as he and his buddies kept talking, that I would keep standing. He said it was going to get louder, if he had to guess. I replied, "oh, so you're a guesser, huh?"

He did say yes, but he had to think, because it shut him up.

At one point, they asked Nate if he could get me to sit down, and being the diplomat, I felt him lean in to say something to me, so he got a quick chop to the ribs to shut him up - NO, I can't sit down. They won't shut the fuck up while the band is playing, I'm not even going to entertain their requests, it's simple. And my buddy gets it worse than they did, because I just told them to fuck off; he got assaulted. Because he KNOWS better.

So then, between the 'What Comes Naturally' and 'Ain't Much Left>Mississippi Kid>Willin>Ain't Much Left' sequence, the biggest, fattest, dumbest, drunkenest redneck of them all reached over and grabbed me. "HEY! SIT DOWN!" He almost got punched. I kept my composure :

"Fuck you. I don't have to, and don't ever fucking touch me again."

"Sit down, can't see."

"And you also can't shut the fuck up, apparently. I am at a rock and roll show, I'm not going to sit down."

I don't know how he woulda felt getting his ass beat by a long haired dude with earrings and sparkly fingernails, but he assesed the situation, and even in his drunkenness, he :-) and sat back.

Or at least I didn't notice him the rest of the show, because I straight didn't fucking care.

Enjoy a great set of killer tunes WITHOUT all the drunken rednecks on their big Friday Night out of the trailer park putting you on edge!

DON'T TALK WHILE THE BAND IS PLAYING. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 04:30 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
You like Retro Synth Wave?

I got a whole playlist of it. Love it. It's my "concentration" music when i have to do creative work. I'd say Lazerhawk is my favorite Retro Synth Wave artist right now.

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:58 PM 10-12-2022
The Shadows Hand is pretty good channel for retro synth. Not as good as Maniac Synth once was but good nonetheless.

I also enjoy listening to 70/80s Italian horror compositions if I'm just fucking off around the house.

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:12 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Shadows Hand is pretty good channel for retro synth. Not as good as Maniac Synth once was but good nonetheless.

I also enjoy listening to 70/80s Italian horror compositions if I'm just fucking off around the house.

I def have some dynatron in my playlist, though i prefer my Synth Wave a bit more on the Hot Miami Nights sorta vibe. Close my eyes and imagine Lambo Countach's and fog machines.

I'll def have to check out those horror comps though. Never even knew that was a thing. Neat.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:21 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I def have some dynatron in my playlist, though i prefer my Synth Wave a bit more on the Hot Miami Nights sorta vibe. Close my eyes and imagine Lambo Countach's and fog machines.

I'll def have to check out those horror comps though. Never even knew that was a thing. Neat.
Its horror movies that directed me towards synth really. If done right it can be my favorite aspect of the movie. The Italian stuff is more creepy easy listening but I dig it. My wife fucking hates it haha. But you can find other horror genres. I like 80s American horror as well. Campy slasher movie synth.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:37 PM 10-13-2022
we.tl/t-gNM9wpVVqA

The Black Crowes
Ozarks Ampitheatre
Camdenton, MO
August 20, 2022

** 16 BIT **

Source: CA-11 omnis mounted on hat (split by the hat itself)> mini-XLR > 1/8" stereo > Tascam DR-2d (mic in, low gain w/onboard phantom power on) @ 24 bit/96 kHz
Mastering: .WAV > iZotope RX10 Advanced v10.0.0.1705 (De-click) > Sound Forge Pro 14.0 Build 140 [minor edits, normalize, & fades, Boz Digital Labs T-Bone plug-in (slant EQ)] > CDWav (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 6.0.35 (tagging)
Recorded by: 'rabblerouser'
Mastered by: Dennis Orr

Setlist: (1:39:16)
01 Crowd
02 Shake Your Money Maker Intro >
03 Twice As Hard
04 Jealous Again
05 Chat
06 Sister Luck
07 Could I've Been So Blind
08 Chat
09 Seeing Things
10 Chat
11 Hard To Handle
12 Thick N' Thin
13 She Talks To Angels
14 Struttin' Blues
15 Stare It Cold
16 Chat
17 Horsehead
18 Oh Josephine
19 Wiser Time
20 Thorn In My Pride
21 Remedy
22 Encore Break
- Encore -
23 Good Morning Captain

Chris Robinson – lead vocals, harmonica, acoustic guitar, & percussion
Rich Robinson – guitar & backing vocals
Sven Pipien – bass & backing vocals
Isaiah Mitchell – guitar & backing vocals
Erik Deutsche – keyboards
Brian Griffin – drums & percussion
Leslie Grant - backing vocals
Mackenzie Adams - backing vocals

Taper Notes:
Special thanks to mrfender for the omnis

Support taper friendly bands, venues, and websites.
Please make it a point to go to their gigs, purchase their merch, trade links (or old-school tapes or CDs!) of their music,
Spread the word and visit their websites: theblackcrowes.com/

Always share, never sell, and as Ribblefribbitz says: "Please do not convert to Edison tin cylinders or 78 rpm wax discs."

Dedicated to boa and huck.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:58 PM 10-13-2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

Denise Crosby is the It girl and does backup vocals

I didn't listen to the 7th Star album until this year. It might be Iommi's best work since '75. It isn't Black Sabbath, though. This is cheesy blues rock. Glen Hughes has an amazing voice but it isn't the voice for Sabbath.
It's a great album, have owned it for years (and I'm also a big Glenn Hughes fan). If you go into it expecting Sabbath, you probably won't like it. But it stands on its own pretty well.
[Reply]
srvy 10:57 AM 10-14-2022
Steve Marriot- Small Faces and Humble Pie

[Reply]
srvy 11:03 AM 10-14-2022

[Reply]
Stro39 04:20 AM 10-15-2022
Bootleg sound, great version though. Waylon high as a kite.

[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:05 AM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's a great album, have owned it for years (and I'm also a big Glenn Hughes fan). If you go into it expecting Sabbath, you probably won't like it. But it stands on its own pretty well.

is how I rank the albums
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up