ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 51
« First < 414748495051
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:36 PM 03-31-2023
Series was pulled off incredible well and follows the game to a "T" with several twists incorporating the DLC and a story with Frank and Bill that was not included, but eluded to in the game. This series was incredibly well done and I enjoyed it thoroughly! :-)

PLAY THE GAME! Then reflect on the series. The Last of Us is a top all time game for a reason.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:53 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
Follow up with your thought when finished. Curious to see how the align.
Episode one started out awesome, the escape scene in the truck was incredibly well done, loved how the camera seemed to put you right there in the truck as all the mayhem broke out

But when they skipped forward 23 years I had to go looking for a recap to figure out what I was seeing, who all these new characters like Tess were, etc

The next two or 3 are a bit fuzzier due to the vodka :-), probably gonna have to rewatch them today to stay in the loop going forward
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 04-01-2023
Just a couple nitpicks are...

Episode one when the soldier catches them near the river, he probably isn't gonna be alone

Episode four, and the Walking Dead was guilty of this as well, where he's siphoning gas out of 23 year old cars... uh no, gas isn't viable after that amount of time even with stabilizers added to it
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:40 PM 04-01-2023
So the arcade at the mall is still open 23 years later?

I'm always willing to buy in for a good show, but don't press your luck lol
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:37 PM 04-01-2023
Dude…there are zombies. You should probably not take it too seriously.
[Reply]
notorious 06:52 PM 04-01-2023
It's a show my 15 year old daughter and I can watch together.

Good enough.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 07:31 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
….
Woah, spoilers dude…
[Reply]
Page 51 of 51
« First < 414748495051
Up