ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Altered Carbon (Netflix)
unlurking 03:54 PM 12-04-2017

Looks interesting. Have not read the book, but the trailer looks good.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 12:51 PM 02-04-2018
There are some things I like about it but it can be hard to follow.

Going to ride the rest of the season out and see what happens.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:46 PM 02-04-2018
Watched the first three episodes last night. Definitely a Blade Runner feel to it.

Only read the first book. Gonna go back and read it again since it has been awhile, and pick up the other books for my kindle.

Really liking it so far.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:10 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
Did two episodes and I'm just not feeling it. Found myself getting bored.
I'm the opposite - I did two episodes and I'm loving it. Probably helps that I've read it, though. Kovacs and Miriam Bancroft don't fit my mental image, but that will happen. They've done a pretty decent job staying true to the source material so far, even with the subtle changes they've made.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:10 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Watched the first three episodes last night. Definitely a Blade Runner feel to it.

Only read the first book. Gonna go back and read it again since it has been awhile, and pick up the other books for my kindle.

Really liking it so far.
I downloaded the second book and will probably dig into that starting this week.
[Reply]
kepp 11:25 AM 02-05-2018
After the first episode my wife and I looked at each other and said, "That was weird." Then we decided to watch the next episode to see if we could start making sense of it. I'm liking it more and more now.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:54 PM 02-06-2018
I am about 4 1/2 episodes in and absolutely love it. The world building is excellent. The story is A+. I also think the acting has been great, and that comes from a guy that wasn't thrilled about the main character actor. He has sucked in just about everything I have seen him in but this role fits his acting.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:14 PM 02-06-2018
Through 8, really like it so far. I wasn't sure how it could possibly be translated from page to screen, but they've done about as good a job as I could imagine worldbuilding it. I've heard 9 and 10 were really good, so we'll see.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:19 AM 02-08-2018
I guess I'll queue this one, a respected friend stated I need to watch it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:21 AM 02-08-2018
I'm so backed up on series' that-I can't even tell you!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:22 PM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm so backed up on series' that-I can't even tell you!
Netflix’s original series quality has gotten a lot better in the last year or two.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:19 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I am about 4 1/2 episodes in and absolutely love it. The world building is excellent. The story is A+. I also think the acting has been great, and that comes from a guy that wasn't thrilled about the main character actor. He has sucked in just about everything I have seen him in but this role fits his acting.
Wife and I finished it last night. I think they pretty much nailed the casting all around. Each actor really fit the role they played. Some pretty big holes in the story, but I enjoyed it pretty damn well overall. Gonna go find the books now and read them. Have read other things by Morgan, so expected some odd shit to go down.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:50 PM 04-18-2018
Watched 3 episodes. Struggling to get into it. Usually I like this type of shit. The chick cop annoys me. Too cliche.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:51 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Watched 3 episodes. Struggling to get into it. Usually I like this type of shit. The chick cop annoys me. Too cliche.
It gets better, or I put up with her after she gets naked. One of the two.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:42 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
It gets better, or I put up with her after she gets naked. One of the two.
She does have a great rack.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It gets better. It lags in the middle but finishes strong. Worth the time.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up