ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 25
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Saccopoo
Sorter 06:45 PM 05-16-2016
It appears that our friend Saccopoo has lost his battle with a cancerous brain tumor.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294345

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/des...275&fhid=29609

RIP friend!

[Reply]
DaFace 11:24 PM 02-24-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Does anyone know if it would be possible to track down his daughter (without violating her privacy) and give her some money collected by the site as a token of gratitude for Sacc?

She's likely somewhere between high school and her early 20's, and she just lost her dad.
I wondered the same thing. If she's older, it might be weird, but if she's still in high school, a college fund would likely be appreciated.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:30 PM 02-24-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Sad to hear. We all are vulnerable short timers on the third rock in the solar system in the Milky Way galaxy among 200 billion other galaxies. Peace to everyone and RIP Saccopoo.
Poignant post.

My Grandma died in June. Mom and my aunt are going through her shit. Anyway, they found a Scott County Plat map from 1910. Makes sense. She was on the historical society forever and helped write a history book.

Anyway, dad thought, "hey man, this is cool. Let's look through here and see if we know any names. We knew very few. We've looked at current plat maps so we have a good idea of who owns land around us. We couldn't find shit for any land that we knew about. Sure, we knew the story on some land my grandpa owns, but not much else.

So that leads me to some pretty serious reflection. I'm working my ass off to make a business work out here and own some ground. Now, I understand that 107 years ago is a long time ago, but damn, it isn't THAT long ago. I also know that the dynamics of land ownership in the area and the ag industry are remarkably different, but holy shit! That's 2 and a half 3 generations - maybe. Dad has a decent land base and I'm working hard to make it work for him and keep it together. Based on that timeframe, the whole thing is going to be fuckall by the time my grandkids are done.

I know, different situations, some of it has stayed together, industry dynamics, blah blah blah. That's...heavy. Talk about your work feeling insignificant. I mean, I'm not going to quit. That's not in my nature, but I have been trying to spend more time with my family, and this all reinforces that sentiment. Lots of heavy shit to think about today.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:33 PM 02-24-2017
Rest in peace Sacco.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:42 PM 02-24-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Poignant post.

My Grandma died in June. Mom and my aunt are going through her shit. Anyway, they found a Scott County Plat map from 1910. Makes sense. She was on the historical society forever and helped write a history book.

Anyway, dad thought, "hey man, this is cool. Let's look through here and see if we know any names. We knew very few. We've looked at current plat maps so we have a good idea of who owns land around us. We couldn't find shit for any land that we knew about. Sure, we knew the story on some land my grandpa owns, but not much else.

So that leads me to some pretty serious reflection. I'm working my ass off to make a business work out here and own some ground. Now, I understand that 107 years ago is a long time ago, but damn, it isn't THAT long ago. I also know that the dynamics of land ownership in the area and the ag industry are remarkably different, but holy shit! That's 2 and a half 3 generations - maybe. Dad has a decent land base and I'm working hard to make it work for him and keep it together. Based on that timeframe, the whole thing is going to be ****all by the time my grandkids are done.

I know, different situations, some of it has stayed together, industry dynamics, blah blah blah. That's...heavy. Talk about your work feeling insignificant. I mean, I'm not going to quit. That's not in my nature, but I have been trying to spend more time with my family, and this all reinforces that sentiment. Lots of heavy shit to think about today.
I recently had a colleague who retired after 55 years of teaching. He is an icon. People from retirement age to twenty-somethings revere him. He recites this poem from memory. Kinda puts everything in perspective. Make your impact with the people in your life right now. We are all just a blink.

http://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef....s/poem-im.html
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:54 PM 02-24-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Sad to hear. We all are vulnerable short timers on the third rock in the solar system in the Milky Way galaxy among 200 billion other galaxies. Peace to everyone and RIP Saccopoo.
Good post.

Peace forever, Saccopoo. Stay humble, all.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:24 AM 02-25-2017
This is a tough pill to take.

I will really miss his draft discussions. The man made the offseason bearable for us by presenting potential interests and analysis (most of which were skewed by his Utah bias). He literally made every draft worth watching for me, for the entirety of my time on this board.

CP has taken a hit, and will likely never be the same.

RIP Sac! Thanks for the good times.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 02:07 AM 02-25-2017
Nice guy, RIP man
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:52 AM 02-25-2017
Sad News. This board has good people on it. When I die I am going to have the priest take up a laptop and just read my rep comments
[Reply]
alanm 04:04 AM 02-25-2017
Cancer can suck my nut sack. Lost a bro in law back in Nov and now Sac. Cancer sucks. :-)
[Reply]
alanm 04:09 AM 02-25-2017
And I hope he got to fuck all those women. :-)
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 04:21 AM 02-25-2017
What a bummer.
[Reply]
Pushead2 06:03 AM 02-25-2017
Sad to see a CP brother head on to the other side.

RIP Saccopoo - godspeed.
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:18 AM 02-25-2017
Great poster, his draft takes during the Pioli years made those losing seasons bearable. Gave a ton of insight and I learned a lot from his posts. Will certainly miss him defend most lineman prospects and his quality of posts.

CP starting to look a lot better on the other side than it is on this side. RIP Sacc
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:56 AM 02-25-2017
Yeah this sucks, RIP Sacc
[Reply]
bricks 07:26 AM 02-25-2017
RIP Saccopoo

God bless you. I hope you enter the gates of heaven and are in the best place there is. Amen.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 25
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up