ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3193 of 4901
« First < 2193269330933143318331893190319131923193 319431953196319732033243329336934193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:36 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Alex Smith has never thrown for 29 TDs in a season in his career.
He’s not Alex Smith. He’s Kirk Cousins
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:58 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
29 would have been top 10 the last 2 seasons and top 5 in 2019.
I was being facetious.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:45 PM 09-07-2022
Did you read the article? It wasn't talking about last year. His stretch of "poor play" was a season and a half ago, and he has played much better since.
Much better since? What impressed you most?

40% comp%, a pick 6 and 5 sacks in a blowout playoff loss at home vs Wolford/Goff?

His 6-8 record in '21?

One 300 yd game in a season and a half?

17-0 loss to Green Bay in which he threw 0 TDs/2 picks and completed half his passes for 161 yds?

55.3 QB rating vs the Rams?

The dramatic reduction in rushing yds?

Btw, you do realize that the turnovers slowed when Carroll dialed him back, right?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:04 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

40% comp%, a pick 6 and 5 sacks in a blowout playoff loss at home vs Wolford/Goff?

His 6-8 record in '21?

17-0 loss to Green Bay in which he threw 0 TDs/2 picks and completed half his passes for 161 yds?

Btw, you do realize that the turnovers slowed when Carroll dialed him back, right?
Dungver fans are delusional. They think this is Manning 2.0.
[Reply]
TEX 06:15 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Dungver fans are delusional. They think this is Manning 2.0.
Exactly, but here's the deal...Even if you rewind the clock, the division and the QB's are TONS BETTER now, than they were when 5-head went to Denver. Hell, those Alex Smith Chiefs teams played them tough. 5-head & Co. would have a MUCH HARDER time of things going up against the teams in the West now. Not to mention the fact that WalRuss is no 5-Head on HGH.

This season, when Denver finishes in last place again, will be extra special!
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:02 AM 09-08-2022
Sounds like Moobs was miffed at the Seahawks FO for not allocating more resources to his OL...after taking a record contract for himself.

"Wilson, according to a source close to him, didn't get a clear answer from the Seahawks on how they planned to improve their offensive line, prompting him to take his frustrations public.
Wilson's comments angered Seattle's linemen -- left tackle Duane Brown would later express as much to reporters -- and team brass. Carroll and Schneider were caught off guard, believing all was well after they had worked together to hire Waldron."

Does Wilson not understand that the Denver OL has had it's QB injured every season leading back to Mannning. A streak of 7 straight years? That they were 27th in sacks per dropback in 2021 w/o a QB notorious for holding the ball too long?

Where does Wilson envision the Donks getting the funds/draft capital to improve it after this season? His trade ate up both...just like his contract did in Seattle. Is he going to publicly throw them under the bus too?

None of the talking head media muppets will address this but, to me, it's the storyline going into the 2022 Donk season.

He just joined a team with average (at best) WRs and a below average OL... despite having two 900 yard rushers, they had one of the lowest yards before contact average. That means the OL was getting beat and the RBs had to make something out of nothing.

Wilson doesnt want to play small ball/defensive orientated football...yet doesn't have the OL/WRs to be the "all about Russ" offense he jockeyed for in Seattle.

I did see that "Mr. Unlimited" just bought the most expensive house sold in the Denver area this year....$25 mil. The dude's a media phony...there is nothing humble about him. His ex-teammates know...

Looks like Seattle brass has wanted to dump him for a while... "Seahawks' front office, called the Cleveland Browns before the 2018 draft to discuss a trade that would have swapped Wilson for the No. 1"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:41 AM 09-08-2022

His 6-8 record in '21?

best case scenario, montana in kc

worst case scenario, mcnabb in washington
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:02 AM 09-08-2022

:-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:26 AM 09-08-2022

His 6-8 record in '21?

We've been talking about a 4 game stretch where he threw 9 TDs and 7 INTs.

Yes, I'd say the 39 TDs and 10 INTs he's thrown in the 22 games since then are "much better".
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:10 AM 09-08-2022

Yes, I'd say the 39 TDs and 10 INTs he's thrown in the 22 games since then are "much better".
So you're acknowledging that Pete Carroll knew what he was doing by abandoning the "let Russ cook" experiment, eh? Maybe that guy actually knows more than Mr Unlimited after all.

Yes, his turnover rate improved. As it had to. It would be hard to sustain a rate of 10 turnovers every 4 games. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that every stat but turnovers has gone south, and he was brutal in his one and only playoff game.

It seems that Hackett has two choices: Alex Smith Russ, or turnover machine Russ.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:10 AM 09-08-2022

I think he was talking about Wilson going 6-8 after getting a new coordinator...then getting traded.

How did he lose to the 6-11 Bears which eliminated then from the playoffs? Seahawks RB averaged 8 YPC in that game...I thought he was Mr. Unlimited...the season was on the line. He did throw for 181 yards...which seems kind of 'limited" to me.

Simms/Florio have Donks finishing last...guess they didnt get the NFL memo.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:16 AM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I think he was talking about Wilson going 6-8 after getting a new coordinator...then getting traded.

How did he lose to the 6-11 Bears which eliminated then from the playoffs? Seahawks RB averaged 8 YPC in that game...I thought he was Mr. Unlimited...the season was on the line. He did throw for 181 yards...which seems kind of 'limited" to me.

Simms: "Yeah, I'm going with the Chargers in 2nd. No doubt about it."

Florio: "I am not."

Simms: "Going Raiders, huh?"

I cracked up laughing at this. He doesn't even entertain the Broncos as a possibility. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:21 AM 09-08-2022
Donks gave up all that draft capital and money for this? 4 more passing yards a game? Yikes..I didn't realize their stats were almost identical.

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:22 AM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Florio can go fuck himself, but Simms is a solid analyst.

These 2 don't seem to be falling for the Denver media hype (which is all it is, considering the Donks have shown NOTHING on the football field to warrant being a Super Bowl contender)
[Reply]
Oxford 10:27 AM 09-08-2022
I'd be concerned about the direction of the Broncos franchise. Large contract extension to a QB on the wrong side of his peak. Where is the path forward? At some point when you lose a little off the fastball, you have to adjust, it sounds like he wants to be Super-Russ.........
[Reply]
Page 3193 of 4901
« First < 2193269330933143318331893190319131923193 319431953196319732033243329336934193 > Last »
Up