ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
TEX 07:06 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I think it's time for us...

To move on to the next game...
The problems from the last game will follow...Any team with a good DL will give KC fits until the OL gets it's shit together. Tampa has a good DL.
See what I did there?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:29 AM 09-28-2022
What sticks in my mind a little was the poor execution by Juju and Mahomes on the last play. Mahomes should not have thrown that ball.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:30 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
The problems from the last game will follow...Any team with a good DL will give KC fits until the OL gets it's shit together. Tampa has a good DL.
See what I did there?
I tend to agree but the NFL is a funny thing -- you can play the same team twice and the second game goes nothing like the first. A line can be dominant then suck. I wouldn't be shocked if the offense looks great but don't think it's likely. If Brown and the OL get dominated anywhere to the extent they did against Indy, it probably is time to hit the panic button though and consider benching Brown.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:34 AM 09-28-2022
So who do you replace him with?
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:51 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Slide Thuney over. Brown's pass protection was totally unacceptable against Indy. Scrubs could do better.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:04 AM 09-28-2022
Could try Christian there until he's healthy at least (if he's not healthy), after all, he is his backup.:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:17 AM 09-28-2022
Somone messed up and my bet is Hardman. Probably why Pat threw the ball expecting the pick.

Juju was not happy after the final play and was talking to Hardman, gesturing about the route.

This looks to me like Juju was expecting a pick from Hardman's route and didn't get it. And given the man coverage here it would've worked. pic.twitter.com/V1pWLLKIgx

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 28, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 09-28-2022
Tied for 3rd in the league with 10 sacks. The defensive rebuild is looking really good. Get Mcduffie and Gay back and by the back half of the season this is a top 10 unit easily.

Get the OL healthy and we're cooking. Just keep moving forward guys, it's oik.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Slide Thuney over. Brown's pass protection was totally unacceptable against Indy. Scrubs could do better.
Thuney isn't at the level he was last year, either.

That's really not the answer.

Right now Creed is the only guy playing up to his 2021 performance. The unit is just looking pretty ragged at the moment. Shuffling the deck chairs isn't going to help much.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:11 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Thuney isn't at the level he was last year, either.

That's really not the answer.

Right now Creed is the only guy playing up to his 2021 performance. The unit is just looking pretty ragged at the moment. Shuffling the deck chairs isn't going to help much.
And Reid won't....outside of people getting seriously injured.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:24 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Tied for 3rd in the league with 10 sacks. The defensive rebuild is looking really good. Get Mcduffie and Gay back and by the back half of the season this is a top 10 unit easily.

Get the OL healthy and we're cooking. Just keep moving forward guys, it's oik.
It's amazing how just getting rid of all that dead weight and complacency can revitalize a unit. Hitchens, Honey Badger, Dirty Dan, Okafor, Jarran Reed, Ben Neimann, Hughes. Even Charvarius Ward who wasn't a bad CB. Veach cleaned house and it looks nice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:26 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
If the OL could block better, a lot of the stuff you mentioned gets cleaned up. And I'm with you with giving RoJo and Watson more shots.
Yep.

WR's were open, Mahomes just didn't hit them. Give him more time in the pocket and some trust in his line and it will get better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:28 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by R Clark:
It doesn't matter. If he's playing this bad, replace him with one of the young guys. But if he continues to play like this, he HAS to be benched, regardless of what the backup plan might be.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:57 AM 09-28-2022
If teams are able to rush four, get pressure quickly and stop the run because the Chiefs are tipping their play calls. How do they correct this?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
If teams are able to rush four, get pressure quickly and stop the run because the Chiefs are tipping their play calls. How do they correct this?
Change their play calls? They're way too predictable right now.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 38
« First < 263233343536 3738 >
Up