ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 38
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I forgot about 2nd down.

Patrick AGAIN had CEH open in the flat, wide open, and he didn't see him. Kelce was open. Mahomes was too busy putting his head down and scrambling right up the gut.

I haven't even made it past the first drive of the game and it's pretty obvious the line is a HUGE issue, much more so than the WR's.
As the game went on it started to feel a more and more like...

...Mahomes might have been the issue
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:59 AM 09-27-2022
Trey Smith has always been a bit overrated, at least IMO. He's had some really poor games here. But for a 6th rounder he's been an excellent return on that value.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Both OTs feels like the defensive backfield in 2018. Performing so poorly that you can just feel they'll play a major part in the season ultimately ending come January.
It just doesn't make sense though. This is the same exact OL as last year.

I fully expect this OL to be playing much better down the stretch, they usually do in Andy's tenure for whatever reason.

It's the WRs that I'm much more worried about long term, but I'd like to think Moore and Watson are more involved if they continue to disappoint.
[Reply]
TEX 10:59 AM 09-27-2022
I forgot about 2nd down.

Patrick AGAIN had CEH open in the flat, wide open, and he didn't see him. Kelce was open. Mahomes was too busy putting his head down and scrambling right up the gut.

I haven't even made it past the first drive of the game and it's pretty obvious the line is a HUGE issue, much more so than the WR's.
Watching the games tells ya that. Patrick has no time most of the time. Glad you are confirming what we have been seeing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:00 AM 09-27-2022
2nd drive, first play. The run to CEH out of our own end zone.

Trey Smith fails to hold his block and his guy blows up CEH, almost creating a safety.

I gotta stop watching. Our offensive line is offensive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
As the game went on it started to feel a more and more like...

...Mahomes might have been the issue
On the 2nd drive, 3rd down, he had MVS open over the top of Kelce and instead he went for the underneath route. Kelce got tackled short of the 1st down.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:02 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh i don't know if i'd go that far.
He played like shit for his standard, yes. Looked like the Mahomes from when Erving was forced to start and Hill was out. Still a very good QB but not the top tier.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh i don't know if i'd go that far.
I might.

The difference between that game and the 2 bad halves Mahomes has had in his entire career to this point, was that this game still had a couple of elite plays in it.

But the bad ones? Very similar to what we've seen from him when he's been out of sorts in the past.

Watch again. The reads weren't good and the ball placement was just bad. Now that's not to say anyone did him any favors. As you noted, the OL wasn't good (though I still think Creed and Thuney played well). And the WRs weren't giving him much to throw to.

But he missed plenty of balls he shouldn't have because he was just off.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:02 AM 09-27-2022
So the All 22 is up and I just watched the first drive.

Patrick threw across the middle to an open MVS (after a scramble drill, no other WR was open after the initial routes) and overthrew the window. He had CEH WIDE OPEN in the right flat and didn't even look his way, despite the pressure.

He followed that up by overthrowing MVS on what would have been a TD, MVS had two steps on his guy and Mahomes just missed him.

I'll keep watching but man, that first series was just bad play by Mahomes.
Mahomes' arm strength is a curse at times on deep balls because he doesn't float/arc the pass as much as other QB's to give WR's more time to adjust.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:05 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It just doesn't make sense though. This is the same exact OL as last year.

I fully expect this OL to be playing much better down the stretch, they usually do in Andy's tenure for whatever reason.

It's the WRs that I'm much more worried about long term, but I'd like to think Moore and Watson are more involved if they continue to disappoint.
Eh, the WR group as a whole can perform just fine provided Mahomes actually has the time to find them without the OL shitting on him. Cardinals game comes to mind.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 09-27-2022
Plenty of blame to go around. 3rd drive, 2nd down, running play.

CEH had a HUGE hole right up the middle, he bounced to his right and all he had to do was cut upfield. He bounced too far and right into his own blocking.

Look at this fucking hole.
Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 12.07.20 PM.jpg (27.0 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Eh, the WR group as a whole can perform just fine provided Mahomes actually has the time to find them without the OL shitting on him. Cardinals game comes to mind.
I agree.
[Reply]
Best22 11:15 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The post-Hill rationalization was being deeper at WR was better than having one generational superstar WR.

We shall see how that turns out as the season progresses.
I don’t think we ever had a “deep” WR room

A deep room would be something like the 2020 Cowboys. Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup. None of those guys were as good as Kelce or Hill individually, but you could make an argument for those Cowboys weapons over the 2021 Chiefs based on “depth”

The 2022 Chiefs receiving corps isn’t deep because deep implies high quality talent which our WR corps doesn’t possess. Would you take the 2020 Cowboys over the 2021 Chiefs? Debatable

Would anyone take the 2022 Chiefs receiving weapons over the 2021 ones? No, and I said this before the season started. We have a slightly higher floor in return for a lower ceiling

It’s on Reid, Mahomes, and Kelce to figure things out.

We may not want that, but that’s what it is
[Reply]
tredadda 11:16 AM 09-27-2022
He took like 2 snaps.
Well he was very highly rated in those two snaps. 😀
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 09-27-2022
Guys, it wasn't just the passing game. Patrick has got to read the defense better. We had another running play blown up because he handed the ball to the wrong guy.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 38
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up