ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 216 of 240
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
seclark 02:28 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not taking anything away from the glorious cure to our misery as Chiefs fans that was given to us less than a week ago. But I miss the piss and vinegar of this forum. It's been too many days since a labia was bruised on this place.

The challenge for us in this post-SB era as Chiefs fans is to strike a balance between our happiness and our ability to entertain each other with trolling and shit stirring.

Can it be done? I accept the challenge! Who's with me?
Go fuck yourself
sec
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:08 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
Pro football in 2020 doesn't get any better than this coach/QB combo.
I think two things are key to the difference between this year and the past.

The coach/QB combo and teaming back up with a competent DC.

I've never had qualms with Reid's ability to devise plays or assess talent.

Two big areas of qualms.

First is his player-friendly non-asschewing style, and second his turtling with a lead.

Remember when 2015 started 1-5, then they went on an 11 game win streak? That was when non-asschewing was working at peak efficiency. There could have been benchings and firings and all sorts of calamity in that first month.

But when things go south because personnel aren't responding to a player-friendly style, and the HC doesn't have answers for defense without a DC to provide them, you find grave trouble.

Reid is a reserved guy, and it takes the right personnel to respond to that reserve. It takes personnel who knows that even if coach isn't chewing your ass, he's still disappointed when you slack off, . . . and he expects to be called Sir even if he would never ask.

Mahomes is the Yin to his Yang. He's not only personally accountable, but he sets expectations by on-field example. And every word from Reid is met with 'yes Sir,' then followed on the field by precise execution of Reid's plan.

There's a world of difference between the team fucking up and Reid observing stoically, going over in his mind how they're going to 'tighten it up back in practice,' and the team fucking up when a KID is out there creating magic, then coming back to the sidelines and telling you 'I make magic, but I also believe in YOU.'

Some people take subliminal cues. But if it's JUST Reid, subliminal cues regarding underperformance is all you get, and the oblivious fall through the cracks THINKING they're going their best with no one giving them hard medicine.

Add Mahomes, and you get the OVERT cues that you can and need to do better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:09 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
Pro football in 2020 doesn't get any better than this coach/QB combo.
Pity Reid isn't 6-7 years younger.

He'd retire with Patrick and the Chiefs would have the most Super Bowls in league history.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:33 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I think you need to look in a mirror and see what an asshole REALLY is
You mad because I was mean to your girlfriend?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:34 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Pity Reid isn't 6-7 years younger.

He'd retire with Patrick and the Chiefs would have the most Super Bowls in league history.
Andy has found the fountain of youth with Patrick.

No reason he can't coach another decade at least...
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 09:27 PM 02-08-2020
Pissing 3.5 quarters away? Our LT was getting his shit ruined at least once every 3 or 4 plays, and when he was holding together, there was probably some other leak along our offensive line that forced Mahomes to move off his spots sooner than he'd like to. We laugh about them now, but the defensive line of the 49ers was this team's toughest challenge to overcome on the field all season. And KC was up 10-3 in the 1st quarter and tied at 10-10 at halftime. That's "pissing away 3.5 quarters"?

Andy's not perfect, but he possesses a greater understanding of his possible shortcomings than any average fan will ever fucking be able to comprehend. You have zero clue what steps he took throughout the game to adjust and keep the pressure on the defense or what challenges he faced in that game. Moreover, you have zero clue what other offensive coordinators/game planners/coaches would be doing or adjusting to in that kind of situation. We DID see how one of McVay's stray pubes handled that challenge two weeks prior with a pretty damn good QB and an effective run game-- it wasn't pretty. You want to talk about LEGIT pissing away 3.5 quarters-- there's a coach who just flat out got BEAT and never could crack the code the entire game, at least until SF just went to a garbage time defense.

Andy just gave your fat fan ass a fucking Super Bowl and you're saying there are still things about him that you don't trust? Please point out all the head coaches of the past 5 years who "get" the things that you don't trust about Reid. Can't find any? Then shut the fuck up.

Yes. I am saying there are still things i don't trust him with. That super bowl win was too close for comfort. Granted there aren't many coaches i would trust more, maybe belichick, Pederson, Reich.

I understand our Oline was getting abused by the niners dline, but you can't just concede our greatest strength and go to dink and dunk. You have to trust mahomes to navigate the pressure and make plays despite it. It's like a boxer who has a reach disadvantage - you don't stay back and try to out-jab him. You have to get inside. It puts you at risk of taking a big punch but it's your only hope of getting the advantage. I'm glad andy figured it out and we won and maybe you're satisfied with one super bowl, but i have higher hopes than that. We are not going to get the luxury of facing jimmy g every super bowl. The whole team, not just andy, is going to have to step up even more.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:02 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Yes. I am saying there are still things i don't trust him with. That super bowl win was too close for comfort. Granted there aren't many coaches i would trust more, maybe belichick, Pederson, Reich.

I understand our Oline was getting abused by the niners dline, but you can't just concede our greatest strength and go to dink and dunk. You have to trust mahomes to navigate the pressure and make plays despite it. It's like a boxer who has a reach disadvantage - you don't stay back and try to out-jab him. You have to get inside. It puts you at risk of taking a big punch but it's your only hope of getting the advantage. I'm glad andy figured it out and we won and maybe you're satisfied with one super bowl, but i have higher hopes than that. We are not going to get the luxury of facing jimmy g every super bowl. The whole team, not just andy, is going to have to step up even more.
You're such an idiot. Do you not remember the beginning of the season? We were trying to go deep and Mahomes didn't have enough time. Did you see what happened? He got hurt. A QB can only take so many hits.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:14 PM 02-08-2020
Can't remember if it was this thread or the Andy Reid Appreciation Thread (which ironically turned into nothing more than another bitching zone for his detractors). I asked some n00b to identify the coaches that they believe have "good clock management" and one of the names they identified was Kyle Shanahan.

Hoooooo boy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:15 PM 02-08-2020
Can't remember if it was this thread or the Andy Reid Appreciation Thread (which ironically turned into nothing more than another bitching zone for his detractors). I asked some n00b to identify the coaches that they believe have "good clock management" and one of the names they identified was Kyle Shanahan.

Hoooooo boy.
Who was the guy that preferred random college coach?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:58 AM 02-09-2020

I figured it out; limpwristed Is the CP Erica Man-gina. Except Erica just spouts nonsense in spite of the fact he knows something about football. Lumpy actually doesn’t know anything about football. But the arguments are exactly the same.
[Reply]
Joe 04:08 PM 02-09-2020
Just note, that two of the three coaches have direct ties to AR and Belichick went to AR's sons funeral.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:19 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think two things are key to the difference between this year and the past.

The coach/QB combo and teaming back up with a competent DC.

I've never had qualms with Reid's ability to devise plays or assess talent.

Two big areas of qualms.

First is his player-friendly non-asschewing style, and second his turtling with a lead.

Remember when 2015 started 1-5, then they went on an 11 game win streak? That was when non-asschewing was working at peak efficiency. There could have been benchings and firings and all sorts of calamity in that first month.

But when things go south because personnel aren't responding to a player-friendly style, and the HC doesn't have answers for defense without a DC to provide them, you find grave trouble.

Reid is a reserved guy, and it takes the right personnel to respond to that reserve. It takes personnel who knows that even if coach isn't chewing your ass, he's still disappointed when you slack off, . . . and he expects to be called Sir even if he would never ask.

Mahomes is the Yin to his Yang. He's not only personally accountable, but he sets expectations by on-field example. And every word from Reid is met with 'yes Sir,' then followed on the field by precise execution of Reid's plan.

There's a world of difference between the team ****ing up and Reid observing stoically, going over in his mind how they're going to 'tighten it up back in practice,' and the team ****ing up when a KID is out there creating magic, then coming back to the sidelines and telling you 'I make magic, but I also believe in YOU.'

Some people take subliminal cues. But if it's JUST Reid, subliminal cues regarding underperformance is all you get, and the oblivious fall through the cracks THINKING they're going their best with no one giving them hard medicine.

Add Mahomes, and you get the OVERT cues that you can and need to do better.
Mahomes indirectly is AR's "hit man" when needed because Pat sets the example on the field which no one on the team can deny therefore step up your play or "sit on the bench".:-)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:24 PM 02-09-2020
Serve me up some crow. i was not a fan of Andy/Alex.

I'm ready to be destroyed because I think that without Patrick Mahomes II, Andy would still be without a Super Bowl win.

Just as the Patriots were winners because of the QB, the Chiefs are the same. Andy didn't make Patrick a winner, Patrick made Andy a winner.

I hate to say it however, Brady made Belichick a winner like Mahomes made Reid a winner.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:31 PM 02-09-2020

He wasn't conceding anything. Reid recognized early on Pat wasn't going to get any time to drop back and go deep until Reid could manipulate( call those plays to pull SF out of what they were doing all game). Sometimes it takes a long time for that to happen) Notice that we were able to run fairly successfully(when needed) against a the top run defense in the league when we supposedly had a non-existent run game in general. Damien Williams ran for 2 TDs and there is a reason why he was able to do that. Reid knew he had to be patient before going deep otherwise it could have been a real disaster.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:42 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Andy didn't make Patrick a winner, Patrick made Andy a winner. like Mahomes made Reid a winner.
Yes and Yes. If anything Andy taught Mahomes how to be a "student of the game" and even more importantly "patience" in not forcing throws and letting the game come to him(knowing when to "pump the brakes" to allow your game plan to work).

Very few NFL organizations have that QB guru coach that can teach what a successful Championship NFL QB looks like. Look at what Reid did for Vick, Foles and Smith. We are very fortunate to have Reid guiding Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 216 of 240
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226 > Last »
Up