ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.45
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.35
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-4, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.47
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.29
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:06 AM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
That was my guy a year back, my only thought is that we may now need speed more than size
I think I read he ran a 4.34 recently but I'm not sure I trust that number. Either way, he's a 4.4? receiver.

His teammate, Jalen McMillan, is an interesting "take the top off" type of receiver that may be around at the end of 2.

I don't think we need speed as much as someone who consistently gets open and Pat will trust to make the grab.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:13 PM 10-15-2023
Tory Horton Colorado State. 6’2” 190 4.4-4.5 40. Rated the top prospect in the Mtn West conf. CSU has put a lot of decent WRs in the NFL.

Looked really good in the 2 games I’ve watched. If he’s on the board when we pick in Rd 3, might be worth looking at.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...03/tory-horton
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:17 PM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Out of all those I have to say I would lean Legette over Coleman. Worthy's size could be an issue. Same with Wilson, just the opposite side of the size spectrum as I could see transitioning into a TE.
I listened to a podcast that compared Legette to Dontayvion Wicks, but knows how to play football.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:19 PM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Tory Horton Colorado State. 62 190 4.4-4.5 40. Rated the top prospect in the Mtn West conf. CSU has put a lot of decent WRs in the NFL.

Looked really good in the 2 games Ive watched. If hes on the board when we pick in Rd 3, might be worth looking at.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...03/tory-horton
I like his production!
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:45 PM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I listened to a podcast that compared Legette to Dontayvion Wicks, but knows how to play football.
I'd be okay with that comp. I do think Legette looks a little faster than Wicks.

What do you think of Jermaine Burton or Tyler Harrell?
[Reply]
smith11 12:03 AM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
What's up with this guy Johnny Wilson!? Has any NFL skill player ever been successful at 6-7!?

At first glance he's a lot taller than Drake London or A.T. Perry, who were drafted in recent years, and is far more complete of a WR than Perry who no one's heard from since the draft. Dude's fast too!? WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZ83KRsMkk
eagles wr harold carmichael was 6'8 and very good
[Reply]
JPH83 12:11 AM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think I read he ran a 4.34 recently but I'm not sure I trust that number. Either way, he's a 4.4? receiver.

His teammate, Jalen McMillan, is an interesting "take the top off" type of receiver that may be around at the end of 2.

I don't think we need speed as much as someone who consistently gets open and Pat will trust to make the grab.
If he's 4.3 sign me up, but 4.4 looks more like it. I'm kinda torn tbh. A guy who can take the top off and be a reliable deep option imo makes a massive difference to what we can do underneath. But yeah a true separator would be ideal. My concern is most of those guys seem to be the undersized type. Not sure I've seen it from Odunze. Maybe I'll have to rewatch him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:37 AM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If he's 4.3 sign me up, but 4.4 looks more like it. I'm kinda torn tbh. A guy who can take the top off and be a reliable deep option imo makes a massive difference to what we can do underneath. But yeah a true separator would be ideal. My concern is most of those guys seem to be the undersized type. Not sure I've seen it from Odunze. Maybe I'll have to rewatch him.
The problem is a guy with 4.3 speed who is also a relatively polished receiver probably goes early in the 1st. Taking someone where we pick with that kind of speed is probably going to be a WR who is raw. Certainly some of those guys develop, but with our struggles with developing WRs I'm not sure that's the time and place to take that type of receiver. I think you can find raw WRs with speed in the mid-rounds, if KC is taking someone earlier in the draft I'd prefer someone with a bit more polish like we found with Rice.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:44 AM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think I read he ran a 4.34 recently but I'm not sure I trust that number. Either way, he's a 4.4? receiver.

His teammate, Jalen McMillan, is an interesting "take the top off" type of receiver that may be around at the end of 2.

I don't think we need speed as much as someone who consistently gets open and Pat will trust to make the grab.
Ja'Lynn Polk looks pretty damn interesting as well.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 09:09 AM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Out of all those I have to say I would lean Legette over Coleman. Worthy's size could be an issue. Same with Wilson, just the opposite side of the size spectrum as I could see transitioning into a TE.
Worthy's size doesn't worry me. He's the same size as Davante Smith.

As a Longhorns fan, my concern with Worthy is he has difficulty tracking the deep ball. He's a great route runner and will excel in the short and medium game, but don't expect him to be consistent when trying to take the cover off a defense.

He could be a great companion piece for Rice....but one of them would need to clean up the drops or we'd have an ultra talented, yet infuriating receiving room.

If we were to take any Longhorns receiver, I'd be interested in Adonai Mitchell. I've seen him sneak into a few first round mocks over the last couple weeks. He's got size, speed, and is a great contested catch guy. He had an incredible catch over Koolaid McKinstry when Bama had the Longhorns were backed up inside their own five.

However, JT Sanders is still my preferred pick out of the bunch. He has that Kelce knack for finding the softspots in the zone and is a YAC machine once he gets the ball in his hands. He needs to clean up his run blocking, but it's something that can be done.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:36 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I like his production!
He had another 10 catches for 130yds Saturday against Boise St.



Honestly, if we're picking at the end of each round again, he may not make it to us in the 3rd rd.



Up to #9 from this source

Week 5 College Football Top 25 WRs��

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
2. Rome Odunze, Washington
3. Malik Nabers, LSU
4. Keon Coleman, Florida State
5. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
6. Xavier Worthy, Texas
7. Evan Stewart, Texas A&M
8. Luther Burden III, Missouri
9. Tory…
pic.twitter.com/Eq2KgUGwJt

— On3 (@On3sports) September 28, 2023

[Reply]
JPH83 03:07 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The problem is a guy with 4.3 speed who is also a relatively polished receiver probably goes early in the 1st. Taking someone where we pick with that kind of speed is probably going to be a WR who is raw. Certainly some of those guys develop, but with our struggles with developing WRs I'm not sure that's the time and place to take that type of receiver. I think you can find raw WRs with speed in the mid-rounds, if KC is taking someone earlier in the draft I'd prefer someone with a bit more polish like we found with Rice.
Yeah i think that's a fair take. I suppose my thinking is where we pick we're probably, realistically, getting a guy with one outstanding attribute. If that's speed, route-running, agility, body control etc i feel like the easiest to be confident in is speed. To my mind Rice wasn't that polished. He had good acceleration and great body control, the rest needs developing (and hopefully and seemingly will).

But yeah I agree we're basically getting an imperfect prospect either way. Crow's suggestion of Odunze might be the closest we can get, I REALLY liked him last year and he looks just as good this, but I reckon it'd take a McDuffie-like move up to get him.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:11 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Worthy's size doesn't worry me. He's the same size as Davante Smith.

As a Longhorns fan, my concern with Worthy is he has difficulty tracking the deep ball. He's a great route runner and will excel in the short and medium game, but don't expect him to be consistent when trying to take the cover off a defense.

He could be a great companion piece for Rice....but one of them would need to clean up the drops or we'd have an ultra talented, yet infuriating receiving room.

If we were to take any Longhorns receiver, I'd be interested in Adonai Mitchell. I've seen him sneak into a few first round mocks over the last couple weeks. He's got size, speed, and is a great contested catch guy. He had an incredible catch over Koolaid McKinstry when Bama had the Longhorns were backed up inside their own five.

However, JT Sanders is still my preferred pick out of the bunch. He has that Kelce knack for finding the softspots in the zone and is a YAC machine once he gets the ball in his hands. He needs to clean up his run blocking, but it's something that can be done.
Legette and Coleman look like the YAC monsters to me. In some ways I think they're perfect for us but in others...I dunno. Those guys work great but we would really need to stretch the field out. I don't think Legette is a route runner, but he could be Deebo-like if used right.

This year seems to have loads of big-bodied YAC monsters and far fewer technicians.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:17 PM 10-16-2023
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Worthy's size doesn't worry me. He's the same size as Davante Smith.

As a Longhorns fan, my concern with Worthy is he has difficulty tracking the deep ball. He's a great route runner and will excel in the short and medium game, but don't expect him to be consistent when trying to take the cover off a defense.

He could be a great companion piece for Rice....but one of them would need to clean up the drops or we'd have an ultra talented, yet infuriating receiving room.

If we were to take any Longhorns receiver, I'd be interested in Adonai Mitchell. I've seen him sneak into a few first round mocks over the last couple weeks. He's got size, speed, and is a great contested catch guy. He had an incredible catch over Koolaid McKinstry when Bama had the Longhorns were backed up inside their own five.

However, JT Sanders is still my preferred pick out of the bunch. He has that Kelce knack for finding the softspots in the zone and is a YAC machine once he gets the ball in his hands. He needs to clean up his run blocking, but it's something that can be done.
His size worries me. I'm not alone in that thought either. And that is my main concern with him. Can he add any more weight and not lose any speed? You have obliviously seen more of him than me so I can't say too much about what he does well or doesn't. Same with Mitchell.

Sanders is very interesting and I agree with you on him. Everything that seems like a negative can be cleaned up.

Comps are funny, aren't they? Worthy's comp is DeVonta Smith. Devonta Smith's comp is Calvin Ridley. Calvin Ridley's comp is Amari Cooper.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:06 PM 10-16-2023
I've been a bit hit-and-miss on WRs lately so I'll just give you all my current top 10 draft-eligible and then you can dissect the shit out of it. Just how my eyes see them right now.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr, Ohio State
2. Malik Nabers, LSU
3. Rome Odunze, Washington
4. Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
5. Troy Franklin, Oregon
6. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
7. Jalen McMillan, Washington
8. Tory Horton, Colorado State
9. Keon Coleman, Florida State
10. Xavier Worthy, Texas

And a bonus "don't sleep on this guy"... Will Sheppard, Vanderbilt.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up