ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 432
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 02:04 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
The difference is that the NCAA MEN'S Tourney is played at neutral sites. At least in the NFL, the teams earn home playoff game(s).
Yes I think the top 4 protected seeds should really get home games until the Final Four. Would be fun curb stomping 8 seeds at allenfieldhouse
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:06 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm curious if people think that the NFL playoffs are as unreliable (or random, or whatever) as the NCAA. Both of them only have 1 game to either move on or go home.

I'd assume the common thought around here is if the Chiefs and Bengals played a best-of-whatever series last year that KC would have advanced.
If KU had played Northern Iowa in Allen Fieldhouse, I'm pretty damn sure they win that game. Among plenty of others.

Also, big difference between a 60 minute event and a 40 minute event. In such a short game, flukery can have a huge impact on the outcome. Plus, in the NFL, you always have a week to prepare for the next matchup. In the NCAA tourney, you have 1 day in between some games.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:43 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm curious if people think that the NFL playoffs are as unreliable (or random, or whatever) as the NCAA. Both of them only have 1 game to either move on or go home.

I'd assume the common thought around here is if the Chiefs and Bengals played a best-of-whatever series last year that KC would have advanced.
NFL playoffs aren't particularly reliable in rewarding the best teams (see last year when Chiefs and Bills didn't make the SB among many examples), but more reliable than the NCAA tournament for sure.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:11 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If KU had played Northern Iowa in Allen Fieldhouse, I'm pretty damn sure they win that game. Among plenty of others.

Also, big difference between a 60 minute event and a 40 minute event. In such a short game, flukery can have a huge impact on the outcome. Plus, in the NFL, you always have a week to prepare for the next matchup. In the NCAA tourney, you have 1 day in between some games.
Basketball is just different. Dude gets hot from 3 it can impact a game tremendously. A WR gets hot he might get a score, but if the QB fucks shit up or the line fucks shit up or a TE is shit so they roll coverage toward the WR it can offset it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:13 PM 11-04-2022

I didn't buy ESPN+ so I didn't see the game, but Dick looks really good. I know it is Pitt State and all, but he's doing shit that translates, quick clean shot, moving without the ball, OREB, passing.

Dude looks good. We'll see when he plays real athletes, but he's got some transferable skills.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:08 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Dick looks really good.
Interesting
[Reply]
Lzen 08:53 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes I think the top 4 protected seeds should really get home games until the Final Four. Would be fun curb stomping 8 seeds at allenfieldhouse
I agree. Never understood why the women get home games and the men don't.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:07 PM 11-04-2022

I didn't buy ESPN+ so I didn't see the game, but Dick looks really good. I know it is Pitt State and all, but he's doing shit that translates, quick clean shot, moving without the ball, OREB, passing.

Dude looks good. We'll see when he plays real athletes, but he's got some transferable skills.
Oh man, that guy is really good. That's the first time I've seen him. He has a pretty quick release. In the beginning of the game, they were referring to him as a shooter. About two thirds the way through they changed that to scorer. I like that. The guy showed confidence and high basketball IQ. He has a lot of skills. Doesn't look like a freshman at all. I'm excited to watch this kid play this season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:14 PM 11-04-2022
I'd never seen him either before last night and he's a much better athlete than I ever imagined. Wilson is going to have to improve from last year to beat him out as the best player on this team.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:46 PM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'd never seen him either before last night and he's a much better athlete than I ever imagined. Wilson is going to have to improve from last year to beat him out as the best player on this team.
I think McCullar might be a better overall player than Wilson.

This year's trio of wings could be even better than last year's.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:13 AM 11-05-2022

1:19 “Dick, speaking of shooters!”

Verify yourself
[Reply]
bdj23 08:33 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Curious, what do you consider a crap shoot? Someone outside of the top 5? 10? 15? winning the tourney?
I consider a crap shoot to be completely random series of events. Like I said, kenpom shows that good teams consistently win the ncaa tournament. I know that there is randomness and upsets in the tournament, but when it all shakes out one of the top 5 or 10 teams in the country is almost always the champion.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:12 AM 11-05-2022

BDE is apparently his nickname. I'll bet you guys can figure out what it means
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:36 AM 11-05-2022
The Dick jokes are going to keep going even longer than the Willie Gay jokes did.

Because even when you're not trying to make one you end up doing it anyway, much like my last sentence did.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:40 AM 11-05-2022
You don't wanna fuck with Gradey, cuz Gradey will fucking kill you.

Dude looks like a massive hawg out there, Dick just scores.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 432
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up