ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 57
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

St. Patty's Fire 10:07 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Oops. Sorry for the thumbs down. I couldn't undo it.
Tht happens to me all the time on mobile

Always feel so bad
Raiderhater 10:07 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trust me, it wasn't an easy decision. There wasn't really a great answer.
I know, I was around, added my two cents and voted (all to no a avail) on the issue.

Like I said, we ultimately end up where are now. I just don’t think we hit it before 2020 (because it has been a growing issue) if we don’t segregate. But we’ll never know for certain.
OnTheWarpath15 10:08 PM 10-08-2020
Yeah, the Lounge is to blame for the nonsense going on in DC

Get. The. Fuck. Outta. Here. With. That. Nonsense.
htismaqe 10:08 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I told that part of the story already. But in no way was CP conceived as a forum that segregates politics from football and other topics.
Things change. Especially when people can't control themselves.
patteeu 10:09 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I used to post in DC and on very rare occasions I might drop in so I think it has some value.

What I longed believed in though is those non-Chief fans that don't participate in the Lounge should be perma-banned or make DC read only for them. Doesn't matter what side of the political aisle they are on, they are here to troll and provide zero value.

I think you would see a change in tone\vitriol once that happens IMHO.

Just my .02 cents.
We have quite a few non-Chiefs fans who are valuable contributors. We’ve always welcomed fans from other teams here if they follow the rules.
OnTheWarpath15 10:09 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
You know, your real motivation here is starting to show through.
Cleaning up a message board of people that have no intentions to talk football?

You’re an outlier, my friend.
patteeu 10:10 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Suck my dick.

How’s that for uncivil?
Not surprising.
Bwana 10:10 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. That Smith shit was bad. But IIRC the mods stepped in on that and did some banning for Smith derailing.

There was actually a lot of banning for that issue. I think I wore out a mouse when it was at its peak.
OnTheWarpath15 10:10 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Things change. Especially when people can't control themselves.
Bingo.

But they’ve been enabled for years, and know the moderation team won’t step in.
LiveSteam 10:10 PM 10-08-2020
I have no self control.
Every mothers last one of you.

Can kiss my ass. :-)
OnTheWarpath15 10:11 PM 10-08-2020
Not surprising.
Wasn’t trying to be.
srvy 10:12 PM 10-08-2020
Do we have some rule against lurking? Why is it a problem that some members only post in DC? Those people obviously aren’t the ones cause the politics in the Lounge problem.
I see your point but my suspicions are most of those DC posters are mults of lounge posters.

Am I wrong with this assumption?
WhiteWhale 10:13 PM 10-08-2020
Cleaning up a message board of people that have no intentions to talk football?

You’re an outlier, my friend.
Maybe so, but as was expressed... people who post exclusively in DC arent creating problems in the lounge... because they're not in the lounge.

The integration of sports and politics is bigger than a chiefs site sub forum. I'm not sure theres a simple solution, but I'll help find it if I can.
Raiderhater 10:13 PM 10-08-2020
Which is why it needs to be addressed now, “tradition” be damned.
Those who do not learn fro history are bound to repeat it.

Food for thought.
OnTheWarpath15 10:14 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I see your point but my suspicions are most of those DC posters are mults of lounge posters.

Am I wrong with this assumption?
You’re spot on, and it all goes away if you eliminate DC and political talk in The Lounge.
Page 44 of 57
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up