Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
jettio 04:38 PM 12-06-2022
Fans of the book or movie Brian's Song might remember that Brian Piccolo played at Wake Forest with John Mackovic as his QB and that Gale Sayers played for the Kansas Jayhawks.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:46 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Where he should have gone before Mizzou.

In other news, I'm hearing MU is about to land a QB from Pitt.

E: derp..was thinking wrong school
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:40 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Considerably less embarrassing if Drunkwitz doesn't publicly come out running his dicklicker about not being afraid of Kansas only to take a far inferior bowl to duck them.
What’s embarrassing is having Kansas fans fill up a Mizzou FB thread because they’re butthurt over Mizzou not playing them (Nevermind the upcoming series that’s already scheduled) and leaking their wounded vags all over the thread.

Seriously, guys, stick the tampon back up in there and get over it. It’s fucking pathetic.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:45 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Where he should have gone before Mizzou.

In other news, I'm hearing MU is about to land a QB from Pitt.

E: derp..was thinking wrong school

Kedon Slovis from Pitt or Devin Leary from NC state are the names to watch.

Leary is the tougher pull - recovering from a torn pec, or he’d be headed to Notre Dame or UGA or some place like that - but Drinkwitz recruited him to NC state and was his OC for a year.

Slovis would leave you hoping Horn beats him out but is still an improvement from Cook as a thrower.

Leary would be a one-year guy, but a premium one.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:16 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Kedon Slovis from Pitt or Devin Leary from NC state are the names to watch.

Leary is the tougher pull - recovering from a torn pec, or he’d be headed to Notre Dame or UGA or some place like that - but Drinkwitz recruited him to NC state and was his OC for a year.

Slovis would leave you hoping Horn beats him out but is still an improvement from Cook as a thrower.

Leary would be a one-year guy, but a premium one.
Slovis is who I am hearing.
[Reply]
Best22 01:20 AM 12-07-2022

Yeah, it's pretty obvious they ARE scared to play Kansas. I'd at least respect them a bit if they just came outright and said it instead of hiding behind a feeble excuse like not wanting to have two events scheduled on the same day.
Well, Kansas dodged Mizzou for years because playing us “didn’t benefit them”

Well now in this scenario it doesn’t benefit Missouri, so we decided not to play them

Now you know how Mizzou fans felt from 2012-2020 :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:42 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:

Well now in this scenario it doesn’t benefit Missouri, so we decided not to play them

How's that hypocrisy working out for you?

Besides, KU basketball is only a slightly different level than MU football, so your argument doesn't pass the sniff test.

Y'all ducking KU football is just a sign of how sad your football program is at this point in time. I mean, it's KU football.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:31 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
How's that hypocrisy working out for you?

Besides, KU basketball is only a slightly different level than MU football, so your argument doesn't pass the sniff test.

Y'all ducking KU football is just a sign of how sad your football program is at this point in time. I mean, it's KU football.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:38 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:

Huh? I am a Mizzou fan. I just found Drinkwitz coming out and saying that publicly really fucking stupid, unless they were actually going to show a bit of balls and drop the lame ass excuses to play a bowl game everyone wanted to see.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:45 AM 12-07-2022
Looks like I missed a lot of fun in here between KU/MU fans the last week..... and a random UK fan bragging about beating KU in a January basketball game when they couldn't make it out of the 1st round. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:48 AM 12-07-2022
Huh? I am a Mizzou fan. I just found Drinkwitz coming out and saying that publicly really fucking stupid, unless they were actually going to show a bit of balls and drop the lame ass excuses to play a bowl game everyone wanted to see.
Everyone wanted to see the game. Would have been a ratings monster. Instead we had to make do with the inbred MU cousin, Arkansas.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:52 AM 12-07-2022
Dave Clawson at Wake is the guy I wanted MU to hire after Odom because he's done an excellent job building programs and developing players. They fell off hard late in the year, though.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:24 AM 12-07-2022
Imagine the delusion of a fan that believes a program, that willingly left to play Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida et al annually, is ducking a program with 34 wins over the past 15 years. That level of delusional self-aggrandizement is reminiscent of Shkreli's plea for a full pardon, so he could save the world from Covid.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:33 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Imagine the delusion of a fan that believes a program, that willingly left to play Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida et al annually, is ducking a program with 34 wins over the past 15 years. That level of delusional self-aggrandizement is reminiscent of Shkreli's plea for a full pardon, so he could save the world from Covid.
There's a big differences between...

- Believing that was really what happened,

- Or laughing at the notion, laughing at all of the Missouri fans defending the idea using the exact same logic from a decade ago (which literally means they believed it to at least the extent of defending it), and trolling a bit with the whole "scared" thing also used a decade ago to completely turn the tables.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:09 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
There's a big differences between...

- Believing that was really what happened,

- Or laughing at the notion, laughing at all of the Missouri fans defending the idea using the exact same logic from a decade ago (which literally means they believed it to at least the extent of defending it), and trolling a bit with the whole "scared" thing also used a decade ago to completely turn the tables.
Well let's be realistic though. Is it trolling when you really believe it?

It doesn't apply to everyone, but I'd venture it applies to more than you'd like to think it does.

Either way. Maybe they both take the cheese and it becomes an every year game at Arrowhead again?
[Reply]
Page 83 of 109
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Up