Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:36 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
What's pathetic is a "football" school ducking a basketball school for a bowl game.
They have a 4 game series coming up with Kansas, why play them in a bowl?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:34 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
They have a 4 game series coming up with Kansas, why play them in a bowl?
Why not? With MU's supposed dominance in the rivalry, surely they could roll them up for the more prestigious bowl game that pays out roughly $5,000,000 more than the pre-Christmas bowl game that has it's first two P5 schools ever playing in it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:41 AM 12-05-2022
Why not? With MU's supposed dominance in the rivalry, surely they could roll them up for the more prestigious bowl game that pays out roughly $5,000,000 more than the pre-Christmas bowl game that has it's first two P5 schools ever playing in it.
Prestigious?

All of the games that have SEC tie-ins aside from the Citrus Bowl are basically the same in terms of prestige aside from maybe whatever was formerly known as the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:07 AM 12-05-2022
Because they wanted to be done before Christmas and there wasn't a bowl game that lined up that could take both teams. You guys are dense as fuck.

Prestigious?

All of the games that have SEC tie-ins aside from the Citrus Bowl are basically the same in terms of prestige aside from maybe whatever was formerly known as the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville.
They haven't been in a bowl game since MySpace. They have no idea.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:14 AM 12-05-2022
Prestigious?

Considerably more prestigious than the Gasparilla bowl, which dates all the way back to 2008 and never had a P5 team before this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Bowl

Not too mention the payout differential.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:15 AM 12-05-2022
Kentucky fan, loser to 15 seeds, trying to defend Misery fan is good stuff.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:16 AM 12-05-2022
Considerably more prestigious than the Gasparilla bowl, which dates all the way back to 2008 and never had a P5 team before this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Bowl

Not too mention the payout differential.
Once again, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about and it's clearly showing.

If you did, you would understand that most of the SEC bowl payout is shared across the league.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:20 AM 12-05-2022
Considerably less embarrassing if Drunkwitz doesn't publicly come out running his dicklicker about not being afraid of Kansas only to take a far inferior bowl to duck them.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:28 AM 12-05-2022
What are you talking about :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:32 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
What are you talking about :-)

Ain’t scared to play here- there- or anywhere #MIZ pic.twitter.com/kxI52yjC0B

— Eliah Drinkwitz (@CoachDrinkwitz) December 2, 2022

Yeah, it's pretty obvious they ARE scared to play Kansas. I'd at least respect them a bit if they just came outright and said it instead of hiding behind a feeble excuse like not wanting to have two events scheduled on the same day.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:37 AM 12-05-2022
Kentucky fan, loser to 15 seeds, trying to defend Misery fan is good stuff.
Have fun seeing Kansas get their cheeks clapped by double digits again in basketball vs UK in January.

Only four more titles and 14 wins head to head vs UK to catch up to them!
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:43 AM 12-05-2022
Hi, I'm new to this thread.

Being in St. Joe, there's enough KU fans but still more Mizzou fans, among us friends. My MU fan friends wanted to see them play KU in football too. The travel would have been through the roof, the game would have sold out, and people at home who otherwise wouldn't have, would have been tuning in.

I get the justification of the decision, I really do. But the decision was made, and now more people aren't going to care when KU plays Arkansas, and more people aren't going to care when Missouri plays Wake. And I doubt MU travels well to Tampa, although it is a more desireable location. MU fans would have flocked to Memphis with the game against the Jayhawks. Instead you'll have your game against Wake, maybe win, maybe lose, and then probably get whalloped at home against Kentucky while using that as an excuse not to play Kansas.

It's like the justification to move on the SEC. Sure the Big 12 was in flux and more dollars went your way. But the fans suffered, KC has suffered without having MU in the mix during bug tournaments, and less people in the area really care anymore.

Call it a justified decision. It still sucks.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:54 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Yeah, it's pretty obvious they ARE scared to play Kansas. I'd at least respect them a bit if they just came outright and said it instead of hiding behind a feeble excuse like not wanting to have two events scheduled on the same day.
They already laid out their preferences before there was ever any talk of a possible match up.

You guys just want to leak your pussies allover sometimes.

Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Hi, I'm new to this thread.

Being in St. Joe, there's enough KU fans but still more Mizzou fans, among us friends. My MU fan friends wanted to see them play KU in football too. The travel would have been through the roof, the game would have sold out, and people at home who otherwise wouldn't have, would have been tuning in.

I get the justification of the decision, I really do. But the decision was made, and now more people aren't going to care when KU plays Arkansas, and more people aren't going to care when Missouri plays Wake. And I doubt MU travels well to Tampa, although it is a more desireable location. MU fans would have flocked to Memphis with the game against the Jayhawks. Instead you'll have your game against Wake, maybe win, maybe lose, and then probably get whalloped at home against Kentucky while using that as an excuse not to play Kansas.

It's like the justification to move on the SEC. Sure the Big 12 was in flux and more dollars went your way. But the fans suffered, KC has suffered without having MU in the mix during bug tournaments, and less people in the area really care anymore.

Call it a justified decision. It still sucks.
They're playing really soon in a lit more desirable locations! The stakes will be higher, too.

If MU backs out of that series well yeah they should be absolutely scorned for it. Over the Go Chicken Go bowl? Please.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:31 PM 12-06-2022

SOURCE: UNLV is expected to hire Arkansas DC Barry Odom as its head coach. The 46-year-old went 25-25 in five seasons as the head coach of Mizzou. @Mzenitz first reported the hire.

— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) December 6, 2022

[Reply]
jettio 04:34 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I thought it was interesting that Pac-12 Championship was played on the turf field UNLV uses instead of the Raiders grass field.

Like NFL using Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and playing on the NFL turf field that is usually under the Tottenham grass field.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 109
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up