Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:22 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
No, you don’t get to play that bullshit card. You’re the fucking defending national champs for gods sake. Not a single one of you yokels think KU is only 2 points better than Mizzou.
I do. If anything, that is overselling KU's chances in that game given that KenPom is still including preseason projections in his weighting (where KU was much, much higher than MU). Based on how both teams have actually performed so far this season and the location of the game, it's effectively a 50/50 game. The Vegas odds should more or less bear that out when they come out too.

And FYI, another projection system Torvik (who likely includes less preseason projections in his own weighting) has KU as only a 1 PT favorite: https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Kansas&year=2023
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:30 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
And yet, according to one of the top college football reporters in the sport, that very much is not the case. There'd be an easy way to prove differently though (and it isn't by tweeting).
Some reporter reporting something he ‘heard’ versus the actual coach of the team putting himself on record on Twitter denying it. One has receipts, the other has . . . . . . . wonder which one is lying. :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:32 PM 12-02-2022
I do. If anything, that is overselling KU's chances in that game given that KenPom is still including preseason projections in his weighting (where KU was much, much higher than MU). Based on how both teams have actually performed so far this season and the location of the game, it's effectively a 50/50 game. The Vegas odds should more or less bear that out when they come out too.

And FYI, another projection system Torvik (who likely includes less preseason projections in his own weighting) has KU as only a 1 PT favorite: https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Kansas&year=2023
:-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:37 PM 12-02-2022
Some reporter reporting something he ‘heard’ versus the actual coach of the team putting himself on record on Twitter denying it. One has receipts, the other has . . . . . . . wonder which one is lying. :-)
The reporter has his entire career to lose by reporting something false. What does the coach have to lose by denying it?

It's obvious enough what is going on here.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:37 PM 12-02-2022
:-)
Wouldn't have expected much more than that response, yeah. Wait for the Vegas odds, they'll come out exactly as I'm saying.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:45 PM 12-02-2022
The reporter has his entire career to lose by reporting something false. What does the coach have to lose by denying it?

It's obvious enough what is going on here.
Yeah, like Brooke Pryor and how her career was ruined? Lol.

IF there is any truth to Mizzou-KU not matching up in the Liberty Bowl and they were originally slated to, it didn’t get called off because Mizzou is fucking afraid of KU football. That’s the biggest pile of horseshit ever.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:48 PM 12-02-2022
Yeah, like Brooke Pryor and how her career was ruined? Lol.
We're resorting to comparing Brooke Pryor to one of the top college football reporters of the past couple decades now?

Time to give it up.

College Football insider @Brett_McMurphy joined @cdotharrison and @RoblBrenton on 'The Drive' reporting that #MIZZOU did not want to play #Kansas in ANY bowl game.

Listen: pic.twitter.com/ZR5t0lAdPL

— 610SportsKC (@610SportsKC) December 2, 2022

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:27 AM 12-03-2022
We're resorting to comparing Brooke Pryor to one of the top college football reporters of the past couple decades now?

Time to give it up.

Point being ‘lying’ or reporting false information doesn’t cost you your career nowadays. Maybe a long time ago, but not in todays climate. The ‘truth’ is ever changing. Besides, isn’t this the same guy who made jokes about Mixon beating the shit out of a girl after the video came out? Something about OU fans still being able to chant ‘Boomer Sooner’ and having to apologize for it afterwards. Classy guy, that one.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:38 AM 12-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's actually true AND logical.

I'm 100% happy if KU football is fun to watch from time to time and have zero expectations for them winning bowl games or even being bowl eligible. Everything after beating Duke this season was icing on the cake (missed the ISU game and then it went downhill anyway).

And if KU won... then LOL on you, because football is supposed to be YOUR thing.

Of course, the same is absolutely true for basketball whenever Missouri isn't embarrassingly bad... if Missouri was decent enough to have earned even excuses, it would be "yeah we don't care" when they lose and the greatest thing ever if they won.... because of course, basketball is our thing.

Ya'll are having a difficult time putting these narratives together, huh.
Not having any trouble. I just wouldn't say that Mizzou is scared they are gonna lose or just like I'd say that Kansas wasn't scared they'd lose in a basketball game to Mizzou, but what if. It's not worth it to me to play KU football. Plus fuck you guys for the last decade of you wanting no part of MU. Eat my ass Bearcat, you're as fictional as a Jayhawk.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:45 AM 12-03-2022
Tom, sorry to say this, but you are 100% wrong about Brett McMurphy. He was not lying or reporting false information. He's got a very good source and wouldn't have put himself out there on the radio the way he did today if he wasn't 100% sure. He gains nothing out of just making this up and said Mizzou would play East Carolina in the Gasparilla Bowl.

The only way I can see this being wrong is if Mizzou wants to try and save face and says bring on KU football.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:07 AM 12-03-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Tom, sorry to say this, but you are 100% wrong about Brett McMurphy. He was not lying or reporting false information. He's got a very good source and wouldn't have put himself out there on the radio the way he did today if he wasn't 100% sure. He gains nothing out of just making this up and said Mizzou would play East Carolina in the Gasparilla Bowl.

The only way I can see this being wrong is if Mizzou wants to try and save face and says bring on KU football.
At some point you have to just sit down and think with simple logic.

If they were scared of the big bad chickens, why would they be scheduling a series of games (that actually matter) soon? They wouldn't.

It's fucking stupid, like his Nebraska prediction.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:13 AM 12-03-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

If they were scared of the big bad chickens, why would they be scheduling a series of games (that actually matter) soon? They wouldn't.

It's ****ing stupid, like his Nebraska prediction.
What was his Nebraska prediction?
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:14 AM 12-03-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

It's ****ing stupid, like his Nebraska prediction.
That's news to me, can I get a link?

Also I'm not saying there scared.
[Reply]
alanm 01:56 AM 12-03-2022
Is it true that Mizzou is refusing to play Kansas in the Liberty Bowl? You gotta be kidding me. And why? :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:49 AM 12-03-2022
Originally Posted by alanm:
Is it true that Mizzou is refusing to play Kansas in the Liberty Bowl? You gotta be kidding me. And why? :-)
Read through the thread. It's discussed at length.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 109
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up