Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:02 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's like 75% of it... it was also a 'fun' narrative for Missouri fans and 'insanely ludicrous' that Kansas BB would be "scared" of team that's had problems beating UMKC since shortly after leaving the Big 12, especially when Kansas was probably just bitter about teams leaving the Big 12.

It's just dumb trash talk all around and hilarious that it's come back a decade later.

As mentioned in this thread, there are probably reasons Missouri wouldn't want to play Kansas, just like there were reasons 10 years ago that Kansas didn't need to keep the rivalry alive.
Of course. The basketball thing was never about Kansas being scared of playing Mizzou. They were butthurt (particularly Self) about Mizzou leaving the Big 12.

To suggest that Kansas was afraid of Mizzou basketball then is as dumb as suggesting Mizzou is afraid of playing Kansas football now.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:04 PM 12-02-2022
Congrats on all those bowl game losses in recent years.
Some QB named Brady Cook looked impressive in the last one! Sure hope that pays dividends in 2022!
[Reply]
jettio 09:02 PM 12-02-2022
Recruits in 2022 are going to care much more about relationship with their main recruiting contacts and NIL prospects, all power 5 games are on tv or streaming. Transferring is so much simpler now than years ago.

Result of a bowl game or head to head is not as big as it would be years ago.

Kids today want to know team morale, whether a school can get them ready for next level and where can they get solid NIL deal or support.

Best thing about bowl game is the additional practices and the experience of an away game with team building field trip events and banquet type event.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:00 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Kinda funny if you guys hadn’t been chicken to play Mizzou for a decade already.
:-)

Scared of what? Taking a hit on Kenpom for only winning by 20?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:05 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Funny to see the trail of tears flow from 'them' when they clucked about how they didn't need them Tigers for years and years, though.
Those are tears of laughter.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:05 PM 12-02-2022

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:08 PM 12-02-2022
Lmao, we'd smoke you in a this football and then you all would be like "Well we're a basketball school" and act like you don't care. If you won it'd be like your national championship and we'd never hear the end of it.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:16 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Troll your own thread and circle jerk with your fellow Beakers there. You don’t see Mizzou fan pathetically posting in the Kansas thread.

Go back to your echo chamber.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:22 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao, we'd smoke you in a this football and then you all would be like "Well we're a basketball school" and act like you don't care. If you won it'd be like your national championship and we'd never hear the end of it.
That's actually true AND logical.

I'm 100% happy if KU football is fun to watch from time to time and have zero expectations for them winning bowl games or even being bowl eligible. Everything after beating Duke this season was icing on the cake (missed the ISU game and then it went downhill anyway).

And if KU won... then LOL on you, because football is supposed to be YOUR thing.

Of course, the same is absolutely true for basketball whenever Missouri isn't embarrassingly bad... if Missouri was decent enough to have earned even excuses, it would be "yeah we don't care" when they lose and the greatest thing ever if they won.... because of course, basketball is our thing.

Ya'll are having a difficult time putting these narratives together, huh.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:26 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
You don’t see Mizzou fan pathetically posting in the Kansas thread.
Yeah, we do.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:34 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
On the heels of an actual national championship, I can assure you that beating a bad Missouri team would not feel the same. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:35 PM 12-02-2022
Yeah, we do.
I'm not a Mizzou fan
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:38 PM 12-02-2022
Yeah, we do.
I don’t doubt there’s an occasional random hit and run post, but you’d have to scroll back a long ass ways to find it. There certainly isn’t any from today.

Whereas KU fans have taken up residency in this thread today and continuing the circle jerk that they started in their own thread. Kind of pathetic, if you ask me.

But you (KU fan) do you, I guess.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:42 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I don’t doubt there’s an occasional random hit and run post, but you’d have to scroll back a long ass ways to find it. There certainly isn’t any from today.

Whereas KU fans have taken up residency in this thread today and continuing the circle jerk that they started in their own thread. Kind of pathetic, if you ask me.

But you (KU fan) do you, I guess.
Once again, college football is your thing, so the discussion and any trolling comes to your house.

If you want to see Missouri trolling, head to the KU BB threads every single time they lose (the latest was Missouri fan trolling on behalf of the SEC :-) )... because that's our thing, so the discussion and trolling comes to our house.

Ya'll need some flow charts or something.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:42 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm not a Mizzou fan
Dicks come in assorted flavors.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 109
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187 > Last »
Up