Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
RustShack 05:47 PM 12-02-2022
Mizzou fans trying to throw out any and every excuse they can come up with. Requesting not to play certain opponents is relatively normal, but doesn’t happen a lot. Definitely never gets leaked and Mizzou has to be pissed this one got out. Hope them trying to save face tweeting out they will play anyone makes the game happen.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:59 PM 12-02-2022
I can see why Iowa State fan would be concerned about Mizzou-KU fallout.

Takes the focus off them.

Another disappointing season that didn’t live up to expectations, huh? I’m sure next year will be your year . . . . .
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:07 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Mizzou administration offered to play you guys ‘several’ times after leaving the Big 12 in either a home and home series or a rivalry series at Arrowhead and you guys said ‘no thanks’. When asked basketball, Bill Self himself said ‘no thanks’. There was nothing to gain by it from KU’s perspective.

Fast forward several years and NOW Kansas is suddenly eager to play Mizzou in basketball (which Mizzou agreed to and a series has been set up) and a ‘single’ football game (shockingly, in the year they finished .500 for the first time in a decade). How about series in football too? I’m sure if your administration reached out to Mizzou to do a home and home or the Arrowhead Invitational again, they’d be willing to get on board. I mean, they tried to set it up for years and KU didn’t want to.

So whose really the ‘coward’ in the post Big 12 fallout? ( think hard before answering)
Uh, why is it shocking? That's just how you make it to bowl games.

Is there "eagerness" that I've missed? I think all Kansas has done is win 6 games and not refused to play anyone? :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:12 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Uh, why is it shocking? That's just how you make it to bowl games.

Is there "eagerness" that I've missed? I think all Kansas has done is win 6 games and not refused to play anyone? :-)
You’re a mod. Are you gonna strip Frazod of his signature now that Mizzou chickened out or will you just tell him to do it, via PM?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:16 PM 12-02-2022

Ain’t scared to play here- there- or anywhere #MIZ pic.twitter.com/kxI52yjC0B

— Eliah Drinkwitz (@CoachDrinkwitz) December 2, 2022

[Reply]
Bowser 06:19 PM 12-02-2022

via GIPHY

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:20 PM 12-02-2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:21 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Hey Mizzou wanna play us?

Kinda funny if you guys hadn’t been chicken to play Mizzou for a decade already.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:29 PM 12-02-2022
The whole thing is beyond stupid. Mizzou plays in the SEC against the likes of Bama, Georgia, LSU, etc. Why the fuck would they be ‘scared’ of a .500 Kansas team with inferior athletes at every level?

I mean, hell, they had Kansas State on the schedule this year and they’re three times the football team Kansas is.

I get it’s a ‘fun’ narrative for Kansas fans to believe but it’s so insanely ludicrous not sure how anyone could take it seriously . . . . . .
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:38 PM 12-02-2022

I get it’s a ‘fun’ narrative for Kansas fans to believe but it’s so insanely ludicrous not sure how anyone could take it seriously . . . . . .
That's like 75% of it... it was also a 'fun' narrative for Missouri fans and 'insanely ludicrous' that Kansas BB would be "scared" of team that's had problems beating UMKC since shortly after leaving the Big 12, especially when Kansas was probably just bitter about teams leaving the Big 12.

It's just dumb trash talk all around and hilarious that it's come back a decade later.

As mentioned in this thread, there are probably reasons Missouri wouldn't want to play Kansas, just like there were reasons 10 years ago that Kansas didn't need to keep the rivalry alive.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:39 PM 12-02-2022
It feels like there would be a pretty easy way to prove that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:40 PM 12-02-2022
:-)

You sure?? https://t.co/jeR5j6BKnY

— Ryan Hemming (@RyanHemming22) December 2, 2022

[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:50 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I absolutely could matter in the margins.

It's not going to spring KU into the NCAA playoffs or turn Mizzou into Vandy. But it's going to be an arrow for KU in the KC area that they just don't have if they win. And Mizzou winning wouldn't give them an arrow they NEED because they're already ahead of KU in football recruiting.

So why put money on the table when there's no money to be made?
A Tuesday evening bowl with both teams missing portions of their squads isn't going to move the needle in recruiting.

I get that KU doesn't understand bowls since they last made one when people were friends with Tom on MySpace, but nobody gives a shit about the winner of the Fred's AlwaysSave bowl.

It's the dumbest fucking narrative to exist this week. They're already set for a series of games before long.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:53 PM 12-02-2022
Funny to see the trail of tears flow from 'them' when they clucked about how they didn't need them Tigers for years and years, though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:59 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
A Tuesday evening bowl with both teams missing portions of their squads isn't going to move the needle in recruiting.

I get that KU doesn't understand bowls since they last made one when people were friends with Tom on MySpace, but nobody gives a shit about the winner of the Fred's AlwaysSave bowl.

It's the dumbest fucking narrative to exist this week. They're already set for a series of games before long.
Congrats on all those bowl game losses in recent years.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 109
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up