Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:52 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Well there's no disputing this.

Unless Bryan Busby comes in with his "we wanted a bowl game before Christmas!!!" line.
Yeah fuck facts. Let's make believe that we had the golden ticket to play an exhibition game in a city of herpes water. :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:55 PM 12-28-2022
And even worse than the QB situation he runs his mouth and NEVER backs it up.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:55 PM 12-28-2022
Man I think if I were as miserable as some of you fucks I'd just end it all :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:00 PM 12-28-2022
:-) I'm not actually invested in this dumpster fire of a program as it currently stands, so there's really not much to be miserable about. Just mildly irritating there's a non zero chance we're rolling into next season with this doofy eyed fuck at coach and a complete abomination at QB. It'd be nice to actually feel things like hope and excitement for once as a Mizzou Football fan but that's been roundly squashed for the immediate future so fuck it, just gonna point and laugh at the spectacle of mediocrity incarnate.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:00 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) 4 years of failing to get even decent QB play at that point, and presumably another season of .500 mediocrity. I couldn't give a single flying fuck how good his bagmen are if he can't develop the players he does manage to bring in.
Again - one guy.

You're talking ONE guy. Who will be a redshirt freshman next season.

Because nobody expected Cook to be a great player. And Bazelak went to Indiana and was substantially worse than he was at Mizzou - he was clearly getting as much out of Bazelak as could've been reasonably expected (and I still think Bazelak was just hurt and Drink KNEW how limited Cook was).

So if they struggle next year because Horn couldn't seize the job and run with it, he'll have one legitimate black mark on his record, and it was getting a kid that literally any team in the country would've been interested in who just didn't work out.

Let's not pretend like Connor got out of Mizzou and it turned out that Drink was the guy holding him back - that just flat wasn't the case. Nor is it the case that Cook is going to go to some other power 5 squad and set the world on fire.

You're just completely ignoring the situation on the ground and what the actual circumstances are that have generated this 'obviously untenable' situation. It would literally be ONE miss.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:02 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah fuck facts. Let's make believe that we had the golden ticket to play an exhibition game in a city of herpes water. :-)
Nah - we clearly ducked a team that's getting rolled by a squad that we beat.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:04 PM 12-28-2022
Well, he's also tried and failed repeatedly to bring in any sort of semi competent QB through the transfer portal despite trying multiple times. We just gonna give him a pass for that or.....?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:05 PM 12-28-2022
It's stupid young adults playing with a ball. I mean like lol and lmao
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:05 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, he's also tried and failed repeatedly to bring in any sort of semi competent QB through the transfer portal despite trying multiple times. We just gonna give him a pass for that or.....?
This. I brought it up earlier this season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:06 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Televised scrimmages that nobody will remember by February mean a lot!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:08 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
This. I brought it up earlier this season.
Yeah, it's bizarre. Pretty obvious Drinkwitz knows how fucking terrible Cook is as a QB yet so far hasn't accomplished shit in rectifying it, and if Sam Horn isn't the guy and he can't find a transfer to take over then what fucking use is he?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:12 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh, I think we should troll them a bit.

They earned it.
It'd be easier had 'Bad Brady' not showed up against Wake.

And it typically doesn't take any time at all to know if/when Cook has decided to pull into his shell on any given day. You knew in the first quarter that it was one of those 2014 Alex Smith games in the making.

If he doesn't hit a downfield pass early, he just shows no interest at all in pushing the ball. And then Drink seems to steer into the skid and starts getting hyper-conservative in the play-calling.

I mean hell, if you're gonna do that, at least roll out the playbook from that insane Danario Alexander season when Yost seemed to realize that Gabbert was staring at the rush as soon as the ball was snapped so it was just bubble screen left, bubble screen right to Danario Alexander every play.

You telling me Luther Burden couldn't do that for a game?

Nothing will ever match the agony of the 2019 Tigers (a broader array of hideous ass games you will never see; the last season I had my STs because it was just miserable), but when Cook shuts it down early, they're an awfully tough team to watch because there's just seemingly no way to pull him out of Alex mode.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:13 PM 12-28-2022
It's clearly not about the dumb turnovers.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:22 PM 12-28-2022
Eli Dorkowitz is a 45 year old lesbian gym teacher that tries to be cool and does TikTok’s with her students.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:26 PM 12-28-2022
Again - one guy.

You're talking ONE guy. Who will be a redshirt freshman next season.

Because nobody expected Cook to be a great player. And Bazelak went to Indiana and was substantially worse than he was at Mizzou - he was clearly getting as much out of Bazelak as could've been reasonably expected (and I still think Bazelak was just hurt and Drink KNEW how limited Cook was).

So if they struggle next year because Horn couldn't seize the job and run with it, he'll have one legitimate black mark on his record, and it was getting a kid that literally any team in the country would've been interested in who just didn't work out.

Let's not pretend like Connor got out of Mizzou and it turned out that Drink was the guy holding him back - that just flat wasn't the case. Nor is it the case that Cook is going to go to some other power 5 squad and set the world on fire.

You're just completely ignoring the situation on the ground and what the actual circumstances are that have generated this 'obviously untenable' situation. It would literally be ONE miss.
He missed out on transfers this year and rode with Cook as a result. I don’t think the first 2 seasons are an indictment on Drinkwitz (he probably over achieved year 1), but the offense was dog shit this year and having a supposed offensive guy as HC call plays with a shit offense is a direct reflection on him.

The defense improving and the recruiting class is an overall sign of progress, but he needs to get out of his way.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 109
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104 > Last »
Up