Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rankin waived
Titty Meat 02:49 PM 06-17-2021
He gone
[Reply]
Kman34 06:36 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah it was fucking hilarious some even thought he could be our left tackle :-)
Ha.. Some thought he would start the SB...
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:41 PM 06-17-2021
Rankin looked ok until Cam injured Schwartz which tore up Rankin's knee on the first play at RT.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:43 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah it was fucking hilarious some even thought he could be our left tackle :-)
He didn't show up for offseason workouts or minicamps, making it pretty apparent that regardless of his skillset, the dude quit.

In 2019, he started next to Cam Erving for 5 games before tearing his pec while the Chiefs scored 24, 30, 24, 26 and 32 before being placed on IR.

But the bottom line is that the guy must not have loved football because he'd still be on the team if he did, especially over guys like Wylie and all of the other scrubs.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:45 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Rankin looked ok until Cam injured Schwartz which tore up Rankin's knee on the first play at RT.
The talent was there...something must be up with the recovery.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:46 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Ha.. Some thought he would start the SB...
I still think that would have been the best move.

They should have kept their line intact and given Rankin help instead of flipping Remmers, who was destroyed by Denver in the 2016 Super Bowl, and sliding all of the guys, save for Reiter, down a slot.

I don't know if that would have been enough to make them competitive but at least 4 guys would have been at their same positions as they'd been for most of the season.
[Reply]
srvy 08:36 PM 06-17-2021
No surprise he was waved. He just could never recover from the injury. That he made it this long without any production just proves the dire straight our o-line has been in before Veach moved on it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:30 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The talent was there...something must be up with the recovery.
Or just the desire to play in the NFL.

I've said it time and time again but some guys play in the NFL because they genuinely love the game and others play in the NFL because they can.

I think Rankin was one of the latter.
[Reply]
oldman 10:14 PM 06-17-2021
When he didn't show up for the mini-camp, I was pretty sure he was history. You can say injuries had a lot to do with it, but I agree with Dane that he just didn't have the desire.
[Reply]
wazu 07:15 AM 06-18-2021
I can understand not loving the game. And if you have other options then fine. But man, check back with that guy a few months into having a real job.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:32 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I can understand not loving the game. And if you have other options then fine. But man, check back with that guy a few months into having a real job.
Eh, if he was smart with his money, he should be a millionaire. If he's still smart with his money, he could get any job doing anything and be OK.

If he's smart.
[Reply]
scho63 07:54 AM 06-18-2021
Zero fucks given.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:36 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Worse than David Irving.

Better than Cam Erving.
Well thats something.
[Reply]
oldman 08:51 AM 06-18-2021
I don't see him as any great loss. The Chiefs signed Wyatt Miller and still have Prince whatever on the roster. There will be plenty of camp cuts and guys trying to make a comeback to pick from.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:31 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't see him as any great loss. The Chiefs signed Wyatt Miller and still have Prince whatever on the roster. There will be plenty of camp cuts and guys trying to make a comeback to pick from.
YOU WILL ADRESS PRINCE TEGO WANOGHO CORRECTLY HE IS IN FACT ROYALTY

edit: I just found out that if i name my grandfather king of his small village in Northern Michigan, I also will be a prince.

Is Prince Tega Wanogho a real prince?
Wanogho started all 13 games in 2018 at left tackle. He was named a second-team All-SEC pick for his play in 12 starts at left tackle during his senior campaign. Received medical flag at Senior Bowl. Prince is, in fact, a prince in the real sense of the word, as his grandfather was the king of a village.
[Reply]
TEX 06-18-2021, 09:44 AM
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: Duplicate
TEX 09:47 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But the bottom line is that the guy must not have loved football because he'd still be on the team if he did, especially over guys like Wylie and all of the other scrubs.
Exactly, and it was well documented. J.J. Watt actually called him out about it during a couple training camps.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up