ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The NFL is becoming a bit of a joke....
petegz28 09:45 PM 09-25-2022
All this technology to collect stats, provide a great at-home experience, even tell you what the percentage of a catch was, etc., and we still can't get a face mask that everyone watching the game can see?

I am just going to that because it contrasts with a team that is 4th and 15 getting a the ball handed to them with a 1st down because someone said something? And they weren't even arguing. It isn't like Jones went face mask to face mask. But it is like Mahomes had his face mask yanked and the 100 Refs watching the game couldn't see that?

Or the DPI on Kelce in the end zone? Defender all up in him and not even close to turning his head?

Now take this back to 2 years ago when Tom Brady proceeded to chase one of our players across the field, get in his face and yell at him and our player gets the penalty? In the same game we get called for DPI when Brady threw a ball 10 rows into the stands?

Now, I am not saying this happens to just the Chiefs. We have seen this kind of crap happen all over. I could understand the Jones call better if he was getting into Ryan's face or bumping him, etc. These are professional athletes and grown men playing a violent game and you literally handed a team that should have lost, a second chance because of words being exchanged in a very non-confrontational manner?

Makes the game hard to watch when that kind of shit happens. And it seems to always be that the Refs are oblivious to calls everyone else can see yet can make calls everyone else says "what are you calling?"

/rant off
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:41 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Everything seemed to take a turn for the worst once everyone started putting all kinds of money on KC. Week after week they're at the top of the betting world, and that's the worst thing that could have happened to us especially going into this legal gambling era. It's only going to get worse, and it really sucks.
Yep...having a high-powered offense is Vegas' worst nightmare. They want every team to be equal...

I remember Florio saying.."if the Chiefs ever play a full 60 minutes, they could score 70 points"

All the money, 90%, was on KC last Sunday...so KC's ceiling of victory was 6 points. This was before they even kicked off... Notice how they faked a FG when it was 14-10? A FG pushes it to 7 points. If the Colts punt on that 4th-15 and KC scores? Vegas loses two legs of the bet. Thats why the ridiculous flag was thrown. How Mahomes and Bieniemy had a tiff before halftime...just like the the AFCCG. Why would you not run another play? Because you are trying NOT to score...the same reason Mahomes never pressed the ball down field all game...and overthrew a wide-open receiver. It's why you come out with a lethargic game plan...

Only games where the money is close to even can KC dial it up...is what it is.

If people understood betting a bit more...they would see the pattern.

KC had free license to go at it in the Buffalo game...and they took advantage of it. The money allowed it. Next week...they were beating the living shit out of the Bengals then suddenly forgot to run the ball. They had pushed all the way to their margin. Mahomes was ignoring wide open wrs like I've never seen...it's followed the spread math perfectly. Andy had to dial up a top 5 PO collapse to make it happen...it's the biggest "about face" I've ever seen. Chiefs kick a FG before half...it screws up the math..then Mahomes acts all disinterested in the 2nd half with a SB on the line.

I still wonder if Mahomes was trolling Vegas...he scored as many points as the spread would allow in the first half...then acted like he thought he had a TO. He didnt score again until everything was secured...which was the last play of regulation.

Welcome to the real NFL...it's always been like this...we just didn't know any better. Now there is so much betting money at stake...it's starting to reveal it's true self.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:18 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Welcome to the real NFL...it's always been like this...we just didn't know any better.
It was more difficult to spot back in the day because they were playing a lot harder than they do now. With the CTE scandal it looks faker because they can’t hit each other like they used to, instead they are just leaving guys wide open and missing tackles on purpose. Makes it way more obvious.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:28 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
It was more difficult to spot back in the day because they were playing a lot harder than they do now. With the CTE scandal it looks more fake because they can’t hit each other like they used to, instead they are just leaving guys wide open and missing tackles on purpose. Makes it way more obvious.
There wasnt as much money at stake either...or real-time data showing what % of the money is on what team. People bet on emotion and civic pride..

I've been thinking of the angle behind the NFL publicly paring with sports betting....you know they've spent millions on analytics.

My guess is they found that people will still watch it even if they know outcomes are manipulated...similar to WWF. There are civic ties and cultural history...and fantasy football...now digital gambling.

Or it could be the Global elites wanting to systematically erode the one thing that is intrinsically American...and has national identity woven into it's fabric. Creating an epidemic of gambling addicts works to their aims also...

Irregardless...it's a monopoly and it's entertainment.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:37 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Fuck, I watch just to point out the obvious rigging to people like you.

What do YOU say about the non-call with Derwin James bodyslamming Kelce? The refs just "missed one"?

With this “disturbing language” penalty…the refs can really fix things like they did vs the Colts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:44 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
With this “disturbing language” penalty…the refs can really fix things like they did vs the Colts.
People took Goodell to task on why the NFL wasnt using technological advancements to ensure the correct calls were being made...like in other sports.

His reply tells you everything you need to know..

He essentially said "Officiating mistakes are "woven" into the fabric and history of NFL".

If you break that response down...he's saying he acknowledges that mistakes are occurring and there are methods to prevent it... but he deliberately wants to ensure that the officiating errors continue...that it's always been this way.

It's all right there...they dont want to change...and why exactly would they not want to change? Why would they encourage the continuation of officiating mistakes? Why are officials gag-ordered?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:47 PM 09-28-2022
People took Goodell to task on why the NFL wasnt using technological advancements to ensure the correct calls were being made...like in other sports.

His reply tells you everything you need to know..

He essentially said "Officiating mistakes are "woven" into the fabric and history of NFL".

If you break that response down...he's saying he acknowledges that mistakes are occurring and there are methods to prevent it... but he deliberately wants to ensure that the officiating errors continue...that it's always been this way.

It's all right there...actions dictate intent.
He also said that “We can’t lose that human element?” Gee I wonder why?
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:56 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
He also said that “We can’t lose that human element?” Gee I wonder why?
Yeah...like football fans give a flying rat's ass about the human error element of officiating. They love it when their team gets screwed out a legitimate win.

It either happened or it didnt...

His response is completely irrational..unless their is an ulterior motive...and we all know what that motive is. Officiating mistakes are how they control outcomes and point differentials...it also re-directs blame to the refs and away from the real culprit.

Modernized NFL officiating would put Vegas out of business...they would lose as much as your average better.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:59 PM 09-28-2022
Words change games. Now we gotta coach up our word'tackle about his words. This is the football I've always known and loved. Games decided by words - who said meaner words? Thats the losing team. Just how I was always taught.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:39 AM 09-29-2022
If people understood betting a bit more...they would see the pattern.

KC had free license to go at it in the Buffalo game...and they took advantage of it. The money allowed it. Next week...they were beating the living shit out of the Bengals then suddenly forgot to run the ball. They had pushed all the way to their margin. Mahomes was ignoring wide open wrs like I've never seen...it's followed the spread math perfectly. Andy had to dial up a top 5 PO collapse to make it happen...it's the biggest "about face" I've ever seen. Chiefs kick a FG before half...it screws up the math..then Mahomes acts all disinterested in the 2nd half with a SB on the line.

I still wonder if Mahomes was trolling Vegas...he scored as many points as the spread would allow in the first half...then acted like he thought he had a TO. He didnt score again until everything was secured...which was the last play of regulation.
100% accurate.

If they had kicked that FG at the end of the half, there's no way Cincy could have come back + Chiefs force OT with another score without going over the spread, and since so much money was on the Chiefs AND on the over...the Chiefs had to go dark.

Why you think they threw that play so far behind the line of scrimmage?

Mahomes is either trolling Vegas or is a terrible fucking actor...

Because there is absolutely no fucking way that I will ever buy that he didn't know how many timeouts they had or what down it was.

If they were trying to score there, 2 things would have happened :

1. They would have thrown into the end zone for one play.

2. Kicked the FG if they didn't score on the quick play into the end zone.

There so was so much fuckery afoot there...

And they were TORCHING the Bengals in the first half, and then all the sudden acted like they'd never seen a football before in the second half...until they HAD to score to force OT, when they scored at will.

And then the first pass in OT, when Tyreek literally volleyed the ball into the air and it was intercepted 13 seconds into the OT period...

And you all DON'T think it's rigged?
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:21 AM 09-29-2022
It’s the WWE but propped up by a veneer of competitiveness.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:54 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
It’s the WWE but propped up by a veneer of competitiveness.
I Belize it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:00 AM 09-29-2022
100% accurate.

If they had kicked that FG at the end of the half, there's no way Cincy could have come back + Chiefs force OT with another score without going over the spread, and since so much money was on the Chiefs AND on the over...the Chiefs had to go dark.

Why you think they threw that play so far behind the line of scrimmage?

Mahomes is either trolling Vegas or is a terrible ****ing actor...

Because there is absolutely no ****ing way that I will ever buy that he didn't know how many timeouts they had or what down it was.

If they were trying to score there, 2 things would have happened :

1. They would have thrown into the end zone for one play.

2. Kicked the FG if they didn't score on the quick play into the end zone.

There so was so much ****ery afoot there...

And they were TORCHING the Bengals in the first half, and then all the sudden acted like they'd never seen a football before in the second half...until they HAD to score to force OT, when they scored at will.

And then the first pass in OT, when Tyreek literally volleyed the ball into the air and it was intercepted 13 seconds into the OT period...

And you all DON'T think it's rigged?
It's not entirely rigged...Vegas generally doesn't care who wins as long as they profit. What sucks is if you are the favorite and the money is coming in hard for you...like the Colts game. KC literally has 6 points to play with...so they couldn't unleash all hell...but even then the money line was -265...so $265 on KC to make $100...and suckers were paying it. Vegas was NOT going to pay out that kind of disproportionate loss...that game was doomed from the get go.

Here is one you might have missed...the Raiders/Cards game. It was going according to plan (bets) BUT Murry scored a 2pt. conversion on the final play. Vegas could still make some money but not more than 6 points could be scored going into OT.

Cards win the toss and drive down in FG range...it's now 4th down. If they kick and make it...then the Raiders counter...it ****s everything up. Arizona throws a 25 yard bomb...incomplete. Crisis adverted. All the Raiders need to do, now, is kick a FG...and everyone is happy. They are driving into range, the guy fumbles and the Cards return it for a walk off TD...Vegas can not be happy with Arizona...even though their coach tried to rectify it.

To the average viewer, they have no idea what really just took place...the game inside the game.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:36 AM 09-29-2022
It's not entirely rigged...Vegas generally doesn't care who wins as long as they profit. What sucks is if you are the favorite and the money is coming in hard for you...like the Colts game. KC literally has 6 points to play with...so they couldn't unleash all hell...but even then the money line was -265...so $265 on KC to make $100...and suckers were paying it. Vegas was NOT going to pay out that kind of disproportionate loss...that game was doomed from the get go.

Here is one you might have missed...the Raiders/Cards game. It was going according to plan (bets) BUT Murry scored a 2pt. conversion on the final play. Vegas could still make some money but not more than 6 points could be scored going into OT.

Cards win the toss and drive down in FG range...it's now 4th down. If they kick and make it...then the Raiders counter...it ****s everything up. Arizona throws a 25 yard bomb...incomplete. Crisis adverted. All the Raiders need to do, now, is kick a FG...and everyone is happy. They are driving into range, the guy fumbles and the Cards return it for a walk off TD...Vegas can not be happy with Arizona...even though their coach tried to rectify it.

To the average viewer, they have no idea what really just took place...the game inside the game.
Okay, "rigged" is the wrong word.

Manipulated is what the games are.

"Not on the up and up" or "the game within the game" are semantics to me, but technically you are correct.

Players still play, they have to throw and catch and run and tackle...

But Patrick Mahomes is 100% either trolling Vegas or he's a terrible actor...either way, I love him.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:14 AM 09-29-2022
There's so much of it.

The Chargers game, Derwin James bodyslammed Kelce and don't tell me "they musta missed it" because the refs blew a whistle to stop the play because Kelce was the BALLCARRIER and he was down when he got bodyslammed. James got FINED...how the FUCK they "miss" that?

Answer: they didn't. The flag was not thrown on purpose.

Same with the Wylie play where he "got thrown into the QB" when Bosa blew right past Wylie like a fucking turnstile and was going for Mahomes fucking knees and what should've been a personal foul on LA somehow became "holding" on Wylie, because, hey, "you can call holding on every play, derp derp." I don't even know if Wylie actually touched Bosa on the play...of he did, it was as Bosa was already going past him.

Weis and Papa were talking about bullshit calls in the Giants/Cowboys game on MNF : "HOW COULD THEY MISS THAT!?"

Easy explanation: they fucking didn't. I'm a goddamn adult. Obvious answer is the obvious answer.

Now, in all 3 of these instances, I think it was to keep the games close for entertainment and to keep the spread for Vegas, without regard for who won or lost.

The NFL didn't care who won Giants/Cowboys, same as it didn't care who won Colts/Chiefs. Same with Chargers/Chiefs, they wanted a tight competitive game in the 4th qtr for prime time, and the officials made sure they got that.

It's not that complicated, really. Kind of blatant.
The NFL is an entertainment industry, we know that. On the NFL stage the officials are the "directors" and they have broad latitude to "direct" the drama. They can "let them play" if need be, they are allowed to make ticky-tack calls if they need to (to keep each show relevant).

None of this is new, and only a few people think otherwise. Remember, NFL officials call everything they see, but only see what they want. Let that sink in. And "it's a hard" job is the first thing you'll here from the people who cling to the concept that the officials aren't an active part of the production. Yes, they are the directors of the show, but they are also actors and actresses in it too.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:17 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
The NFL is an entertainment industry, we know that. On the NFL stage the officials are the "directors" and they have broad latitude to "direct" the drama. They can "let them play" if need be, they are allowed to make ticky-tack calls if they need to (to keep each show relevant).

None of this is new, and only a few people think otherwise. Remember, NFL officials call everything they see, but only see what they want. Let that sink in. And "it's a hard" job is the first thing you'll here from the people who cling to the concept that the officials aren't an active part of the production. Yes, they are the directors of the show, but they are also actors and actresses in it too.
Exactly.

It's sports entertainment.

The drama, the spectacle...hell, where they gonna play? Will the NFL even let them play? (Well, maybe Mike Evans, but certainly not Willie Gay)

Are you NOT entertained?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up