ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 94
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:49 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The NFL didn't sign off on this: HBO did it alone.

And I didn't mean to imply that it was derivative of another program, just that it was derivative of the NFL headlines of today.

I would have preferred to see something onscreen that isn't covered by journalists, internet or otherwise, on a daily basis.
HBO can't use NFL logos unless the NFL signs off on it. There are guys wearing official licensed merchandise in every show.

Regarding the storylines: consider it like Broke, the TV series. Also, someone who posts on an NFL message board isn't the target audience of this show. Your level of knowledge isn't that of the common viewer.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:50 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
HBO can't use NFL logos unless the NFL signs off on it. There are guys wearing official licensed merchandise in every show.
Actually, that's not true in this case.

HBO has the rights to "Hard Knocks" and their lawyers deemed that it was okay for them to use those logos in other original programming.

:-)

Plus, whoever runs ESPN needs a cockpunch (for multiple reasons, of course).

It's fucking DISNEY. They can do whatever the fuck they want. Who else is going to give the NFL $2 BILLION a year for MNF football rights on a CABLE network?

Dumb.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:04 AM 07-14-2015
Actually, that's not true in this case.

HBO has the rights to "Hard Knocks" and their lawyers deemed that it was okay for them to use those logos in other original programming.

Plus, whoever runs ESPN needs a cockpunch (for multiple reasons, of course).

It's fucking DISNEY. They can do whatever the fuck they want. Who else is going to give the NFL $2 BILLION a year for MNF football rights on a CABLE network?

Dumb.

The NFL could easily pull Hard Knocks, though. It's more of a media creation than a real revenue driver, and the NFL's lawyers were surely aware that if they could use it in original programming, that this would naturally come down the pike.

The NFL could say they had no involvement, but that's like leaving gas soaked rags next to a roaring fireplace and saying "I had no idea the house was going to catch on fire."
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:09 AM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The NFL could easily pull Hard Knocks, though. It's more of a media creation than a real revenue driver, and the NFL's lawyers were surely aware that if they could use it in original programming, that this would naturally come down the pike.

The NFL could say they had no involvement, but that's like leaving gas soaked rags next to a roaring fireplace and saying "I had no idea the house was going to catch on fire."
I'm just passing on what I've been told by attorneys with privilege.

I sincerely doubt that the NFL pulls Hard Knocks, especially this late in the game. They made the major mistake of moving Inside the NFL from HBO to Showtime and they've greatly suffered from that decision.

Hopefully, the mere fact that Goodell hasn't sent his lawyers full-on after HBO shows that he's learning.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:11 AM 07-14-2015
I'm somewhat surprised (although, not really) that there isn't a thread on The Rock's program, Ballers. How that got a renewal is just mind boggling.

It has to be the most cliched and lame show about the NFL, ever.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=291841
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 AM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
You win, Brotha

[Reply]
eDave 02:47 AM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL. Lotta traction in that thread.

Indicative.
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 05:00 AM 07-14-2015
vaughn is horrific - how he was cast as a villain is beyond me. You'd have to be Marlon Fucking Brando to act scared of him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:25 AM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
I am enjoying the show overall and still look forward to seeing it. I'm hopeful as that shootout opened up a whole bag of shit.
I agree.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:59 PM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
vaughn is horrific - how he was cast as a villain is beyond me. You'd have to be Marlon Fucking Brando to act scared of him.
You should watch Domestic Disturbance.
[Reply]
eDave 10:00 AM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
You should watch Domestic Disturbance.
That's the character I was looking for in this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 PM 07-17-2015
I don't think this season is that bad. It's only when compared to last season that it fails. Compared to most crap on TV, its better than most.

Acting is not as good. Plot lines are too average. Directing is for shit. I never liked this casting. Vaugh is at his best in comedy. Ferrell is okay but I thought that after last season they could attract better talent.
[Reply]
Miles 03:44 AM 07-18-2015
I didn't have any expectations going into this season other than generally liking the cast they put together. I'm not as annoyed as other seem but it has been pretty meh with some dusting of good things. If you would ask me to summarize the murder investigation plot to the shootout last week I'd have no idea other than some city official got murdered.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:27 AM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
That's the character I was looking for in this.
Doesn't seem to be that type of character.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:29 AM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
I didn't have any expectations going into this season other than generally liking the cast they put together. I'm not as annoyed as other seem but it has been pretty meh with some dusting of good things. If you would ask me to summarize the murder investigation plot to the shootout last week I'd have no idea other than some city official got murdered.
This, exactly.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 94
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up