ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covid killed my career, then I reinvented it!!
Carlota69 09:28 AM 04-07-2021
Hi guys,
I haven’t been on in a long time, but in June I was let go from my gig at KOMP 92.3 in Vegas. I was a line item cut. I made too much money and the station was bleeding money, so Covid tried kill the Radio Star. A 30 year career...

And it almost did.

Until 3 weeks ago. I launched my own radio station.
Kilpop Radio.
It’s not a format
It’s an attitude

We play everything from Metallica, Slipknot, Tool, Korn, NIN, Beastie Boys, new artist like a ring Me the Horizon and Asking Alexandria with nuggets from artists like
The Clash, Sex Pistols, Prodigy and evening some Eminem and Tech Nine.

It’s a music App, free to download and commercial free.

Also 3 weeks ago, the day I launched the app, I suffered from the long haul effects from Covid ( I had in Nov) and almost died from Pnuemonia, Sepsis and a blot clot in my lung.

So Covid tried to kill my career and me as well...
But FUCK YOU RONA!

So if you like music with some teeth to
It, please download my app and listen up.
Support me in telling Rona to
fuck off ??? 😎🤘

I hope everyone is well. This year has been insane!!!

KILPOP RADIO APP is now available in the app stores.

iOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kilpop-radio/id1557479046

ANDROID:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dio.m58ab7438d

Desktop: Kilpop.com
Alexa : enable skill - Kilpop radio
[Reply]
Carlota69 09:47 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
Congrats on surviving both Covid and getting let go. Very cool that you started your own commercial free radio station online. I have been pondering doing something like for some time to get my radio fix. Do you need ASCAP and BMI licenses to play music? Was it affordable to purchase them? Just curious.

Good luck! I'll tune in!
Yeah I have all the licensing
It’s not cheap
Looking at getting my
License in 30 countries

You do on air work?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:49 AM 04-07-2021
Tell me about the 69 in your name.
[Reply]
Red Beans 09:52 AM 04-07-2021
How about some Dropout Kings? They make the playlist?

And a big congrats! Radio's a tough business. I've had a few friends spend their careers in radio and it put them through the wringer. Kudos for kicking some ass.
[Reply]
Carlota69 09:55 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
How about some Dropout Kings? They make the playlist?

And a big congrats! Radio's a tough business. I've had a few friends spend their careers in radio and it put them through the wringer. Kudos for kicking some ass.
No, but let me check them out

The beauty of my station is ITS MINE
So the freedom is super tasty.
I do what I want lol
[Reply]
journeyscarab 09:56 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Yeah I have all the licensing
It’s not cheap
Looking at getting my
License in 30 countries

You do on air work?
I did many years ago down in Wichita.

I thought about starting my own streaming station after doing a podcast because I wanted to be able to play the music I liked but the licensing was expensive.
[Reply]
Carlota69 09:57 AM 04-07-2021
I did many years ago down in Wichita.

I thought about starting my own streaming station after doing a podcast because I wanted to be able to play the music I liked but the licensing was expensive.
What’s your show idea?
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:02 AM 04-07-2021
What’s your show idea?
I'm sure its been overdone but I would love to do an all 80's format but not just the standard 100 tunes that gets played in the ground.

If you go back to 1980, '81, and '82 there was quite a mix of songs in the Top 100.

So I would love to bring back that feel along with interesting music facts kind of like what Casey Kasem did as part of his AT40 countdown shows. You didnt just get music, you got a lot of neat facts and stats.

Just going off the top of my head here, but that would kind be the type of show I would do.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:06 AM 04-07-2021
How do you make money without commercials?
[Reply]
Carlota69 10:07 AM 04-07-2021
I'm sure its been overdone but I would love to do an all 80's format but not just the standard 100 tunes that gets played in the ground.

If you go back to 1980, '81, and '82 there was quite a mix of songs in the Top 100.

So I would love to bring back that feel along with interesting music facts kind of like what Casey Kasem did as part of his AT40 countdown shows. You didnt just get music, you got a lot of neat facts and stats.

Just going off the top of my head here, but that would kind be the type of show I would do.
Ok, gotcha
What genre of 80s? The top
40 artists? Or like hidden stuff? Goth, punk etc?
[Reply]
Carlota69 10:07 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
How do you make money without commercials?
There’s a way once I have enough listeners
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:11 AM 04-07-2021
Ok, gotcha
What genre of 80s? The top
40 artists? Or like hidden stuff? Goth, punk etc?
Yeah a mix of Top 40. Alternative music, punk, hair bands, hidden stuff or one hit wonders. Probably not Goth, I dont have any of that on hand.

I would pull from the Top 100 Billboard tracks and include b-sides and tunes that should have aired but didn't. It could really be an eclectic mix.
[Reply]
Carlota69 10:19 AM 04-07-2021
Yeah a mix of Top 40. Alternative music, punk, hair bands, hidden stuff or one hit wonders. Probably not Goth, I dont have any of that on hand.

I would pull from the Top 100 Billboard tracks and include b-sides and tunes that should have aired but didn't. It could really be an eclectic mix.
Right on!
Yeah licensing is not cheap and they hit you every couple of months.
And it takes 3 licenses now. Thieves lol
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:27 AM 04-07-2021
Right on!
Yeah licensing is not cheap and they hit you every couple of months.
And it takes 3 licenses now. Thieves lol
Well I might have to just check into it again.

Yeah I knew the licenses would be pricey. Wow, three now?

The way we tried to get around licensing on our podcast was to play local KC bands and get their written permission. We would also spotlight the band, they're upcoming shows and social media content.

The podcast became a lot of work for me, so we put it on pause.

Thanks for all the info!
[Reply]
Carlota69 10:31 AM 04-07-2021
Well I might have to just check into it again.

Yeah I knew the licenses would be pricey. Wow, three now?

The way we tried to get around licensing on our podcast was to play local KC bands and get their written permission. We would also spotlight the band, they're upcoming shows and social media content.

The podcast became a lot of work for me, so we put it on pause.

Thanks for all the info!
You got it!!
[Reply]
HayWire 10:31 AM 04-07-2021
I want to be an on air personality and dj. I come with my own wit and cassettes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up