ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6’1” and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
kccrow 01:22 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
“A lot of these guys I keep promoting”? Like who?

I’m sorry man, but you can be very condescending when it comes to talking about prospects and where they will go. The only difference between you and I is I don’t pretend to know with certainty.

Also, I said nothing about guys going higher because of their Pro Day or media attention. Nothing at all. Quite the opposite actually.

I remember when you told me that there’s was no chance that the Chiefs could get Juan Thornhill in the 2nd. Good times.

Your recent guys are:

D'Ante Smith
Spencer Brown
Brady Christensen
Stone Forsythe

All these guys aren't shooting up man. All the next pick of the Chiefs to save them from going LT in the 1st.

Frankly, I hope the Chiefs don't draft any of them to play Left Tackle. I see a guard, 2 right tackles, and a project that maybe pans out at one of the tackle slots in a couple of years.

One thing I can be pretty damned certain about is there ain't one of em coming in and becoming a starting LT in 2021. If one does, I'll eat the shit you serve up on it.

I'm a condescending prick, what can I say.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:24 PM 03-31-2021
25 starts at LT, 3 at RT and filled in at G.

I want a strong utility OL in the mid Rd’s that can grow this year and then start at RG next year. This Florida kid looks like an ideal fit for that
[Reply]
staylor26 01:28 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Your recent guys are:

D'Ante Smith
Spencer Brown
Brady Christensen
Stone Forsythe

All these guys aren't shooting up man. All the next pick of the Chiefs to save them from going LT in the 1st.

Frankly, I hope the Chiefs don't draft any of them to play Left Tackle. I see a guard, 2 right tackles, and a project that maybe pans out at one of the tackle slots in a couple of years.

One thing I can be pretty damned certain about is there ain't one of em coming in and becoming a starting LT in 2021. If one does, I'll eat the shit you serve up on it.

I'm a condescending prick, what can I say.
1. I said nothing about D’Ante Smith going higher than his consensus projection. I just argued for the player in general in regards to his ability to possibly play LT.

2. I never said anything about Brown going higher than projected either. I simply said he has the athleticism to play LT.

3. RunKC is the guy that has been saying Christensen will go higher. Not me.

4. Yes, I think Forsythe will go higher than people expect. That’s literally the only one.

It’s ok to be a condescending prick, but at least get your facts straight! :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:31 PM 03-31-2021

Dan Orlovsky on the @PatMcAfeeShow show today had some interesting quotes that he’s getting from guys in the know.

“Last guy in, first guy out.”

“I’ve heard there are some questions with Justin Fields’ work ethic.”

“Where is his desire to be a great quarterback?”

— Seth Steere (@SethSteere) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
kccrow 01:31 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
How many LT’s drafted in the 3rd Rd or later were good last year?

Trey Pipkins
Alejandro Villanueva
David Bahktiari

Trent Brown
Charles Leno
Terron Armstead
Cornelius Lucas
Jordan Mailata* TBD

That’s how many I saw. So really only 3 proven good players. That’s a very small amount out of 32 teams.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to take advantage of the best opportunity to fix a glaring problem.
Take those 3 and look at the year they became a starter.

Villanueva, Wk 7 of Yr 2 when Kelvin Beachum tore his ACL
Bakhtiari, Wk 1 of Yr 1 due to Bryan Bulaga tearing an ACL.
Armstead, Wk 15 of Yr 1 when Charles Brown went down for good.

None were drafted to be the immediate starter. Only 1 actually did start due to injury.

So really, one day one starter in the group. The chances of getting that are slim to damn near non-existent.

They need development.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 03-31-2021
Take those 3 and look at the year they became a starter.

Villanueva, Wk 7 of Yr 2 when Kelvin Beachum tore his ACL
Bakhtiari, Wk 1 of Yr 1 due to Bryan Bulaga tearing an ACL.
Armstead, Wk 15 of Yr 1 when Charles Brown went down for good.

None were drafted to be the immediate starter. Only 1 actually did start due to injury.

So really, one day one starter in the group. The chances of getting that are slim to damn near non-existent.

They need development.
So do several of the 1st and 2nd round prospects.

Outside of Sewell and Slater, Darrisaw in the top 3 needs development.

Many of the guys in the next crop are either right tackle prospects like Eichenberg or they, imagine this, need development.

Guys with a high ceiling AND can start day 1 go in the top 10. The Chiefs aren't getting one of those guys.

So people better decide which traits are most important to them because the Chiefs aren't getting someone that checks every box. They had the #1 overall pick and weren't able to check every box.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:37 PM 03-31-2021
D'Ante Smith
Spencer Brown
Brady Christensen
Stone Forsythe

Would be happy with any one of these guys in the 4th rd. Not saying they’ll all be there but I think at least 1 will be
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:41 PM 03-31-2021
D'Ante Smith
Spencer Brown
Brady Christensen
Stone Forsythe

Would be happy with any one of these guys in the 4th rd. Not saying they’ll all be there but I think at least 1 will be
And you’re taking a LT at #31?
[Reply]
kccrow 01:43 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
About half the guys being talked about as potential picks for the Chiefs at 31, or even trading up for, satisfy that definition.

Seems like the Chiefs should focus on using their investments wildly instead of just throwing them at whatever comes along.
I'd argue Cosmi is the most worrisome in terms of strength and run blocking.

I have no worries about Eichenberg. No worries about Darrisaw in a trade-up.

I'm not really sure about who the rest may be. I suppose it depends on how you project Slater and Vera Tucker. I think Slater is a stud no matter where he plays. I think the further you move him inside, the better he'll be but I don't think he is a no-go at LT. I just think what you see is what you get at LT with him. I see Vera Tucker as more of a stud LG prospect that can be a ST in a pinch.

I don't particularly love Leatherwood, although I wouldn't feel like it was a terrible shot at 31 if they went that way. I think he has the strength and athleticism but more worried about his technique.

I don't think Teven Jenkins is a LT at all. I had early thoughts Mayfield may be but have pulled back from that, definitely RT or RG.

I like Walker Little, but he needed polish in terms of technique before the injury and he's not all the more athletic than Eichenberg. Relatively, I'd take Eichenberg first but I'd take Little over so many others I haven't listed above.

The rest of the class is very meh to me. I think Radunz can become a LT but he's a guy for a year or 2 down the road, not 2021. I think Spencer Brown could move to the left side, but again he's a year or two away. The rest are RTs or guards to me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 03-31-2021
So you’re fine with Eichenberg. The guy who’s head coach just said that he’s probably a RT if you’re looking for athleticism in your LT.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:55 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And you’re taking a LT at #31?
Yep

Get your long term LT and find your 2022 replacement for Remmers and/or Long
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 03-31-2021
I'd argue Cosmi is the most worrisome in terms of strength and run blocking.

I have no worries about Eichenberg. No worries about Darrisaw in a trade-up.

I'm not really sure about who the rest may be. I suppose it depends on how you project Slater and Vera Tucker. I think Slater is a stud no matter where he plays. I think the further you move him inside, the better he'll be but I don't think he is a no-go at LT. I just think what you see is what you get at LT with him. I see Vera Tucker as more of a stud LG prospect that can be a ST in a pinch.

I don't particularly love Leatherwood, although I wouldn't feel like it was a terrible shot at 31 if they went that way. I think he has the strength and athleticism but more worried about his technique.

I don't think Teven Jenkins is a LT at all. I had early thoughts Mayfield may be but have pulled back from that, definitely RT or RG.

I like Walker Little, but he needed polish in terms of technique before the injury and he's not all the more athletic than Eichenberg. Relatively, I'd take Eichenberg first but I'd take Little over so many others I haven't listed above.

The rest of the class is very meh to me. I think Radunz can become a LT but he's a guy for a year or 2 down the road, not 2021. I think Spencer Brown could move to the left side, but again he's a year or two away. The rest are RTs or guards to me.
Cosmi is my go-to example. People want to trade up for him but to me, he has several questions about how much development he needs and I don't see him as a guy you plug right in at LT Day 1.

As for Eichenberg, his own college coach said he was an NFL right tackle today, FWIW.

Anyway, so basically you're saying this LT class isn't as good as everyone says it is? Sincere question because I can't say I disagree, looking at it this way.

All of these guys have questions and they seem to exist in 2 groups - guys that would probably be better served playing somewhere other than LT and guys that need development.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 03-31-2021
Yep

Get your long term LT and find your 2022 replacement for Remmers and/or Long
So what are you doing at LT in 2021?

Wait, are you saying you're going to take a RIGHT tackle at 31, play him at LT his rookie year and then move him to right tackle after that?

I thought you said you value the $500M QB?

That sounds like a great way to get him killed next season.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:19 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So what are you doing at LT in 2021?

Wait, are you saying you're going to take a RIGHT tackle at 31, play him at LT his rookie year and then move him to right tackle after that?

I thought you said you value the $500M QB?

That sounds like a great way to get him killed next season.
Eichenberg is the only player available? When did that happen?

Good way to get your QB killed is signing Okung and having a 3rd rd project, Remmers or Niang (no LT experience) protecting your QB’s blindside when Okung goes on IR in October
[Reply]
RunKC 02:23 PM 03-31-2021
Speaking of Eichenberg, he looked pretty athletic today even tho the numbers are probably skewed. 20-yard shuttle and 3-cone numbers today were better than Andrew Thomas, Jedrick Wills and Tristan Wirfs from last year's combine.

Official results from @NDFootball pro-day Part II:

OL Liam Eichenberg
HT 6061
WT 306
Hand 9 5/8
Arm 32 3/8
Wing 79 3/8
40-yd no run
VJ 26.5
BJ 8-9
SS 4.58
3C 7.53