ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:12 PM 04-16-2021
Contessa could be working for Fury or Hydra.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:07 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Contessa could be working for Fury or Hydra.
She was originally set to debut in Black Widow but the film kept getting delayed time and again, so it just got the point where Marvel decided that her introduction would happen in TFATWS.

From my understanding, she's set to have a big role moving forward in Phase 4 and her introduction may lead to the Thunderbolts forming soon.

I think she's a phenomenal actress so I'm totally up for seeing more of her in the MCU.
[Reply]
-King- 08:56 AM 04-17-2021
After a good episode 4, they ruined it with that bullshit episode. I've never given less of a fuck about a plot point than I do about Sam's family/boat. Crazy what wandavision did in 20-30 minutes compared to what this show is doing in a whole hour.
[Reply]
-King- 09:33 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Wouldn't put it past Marvel to bring Chris Evans back as old man Cap for a cameo just to kick the shit out of Walker. Would be entertaining.
Why do they keep talking about Cap as if he's dead?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:28 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do they keep talking about Cap as if he's dead?
Because in their minds, hes not coming back.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:36 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Contessa could be working for Fury or Hydra.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Karly and the Flag Smashers.
:-)

Even the name sounds shitty.

Just an awful, awful villain.

The writing came courtesy of SJW morons.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:07 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There has been no compelling reason for this story to be told.

Not only is the logic behind Sam Wilson's financial state stupid beyond belief but Sharon Carter being "on the run" might be an even bigger blunder.

If this wasn't a Marvel series and was on network TV instead, it would have been cancelled in four episodes or less because there's essentially no reason for the series to even exist. Unlike WV, which was insanely creative and filled with amazing original songs, a phenomenal score and excellent acting, direction and set design, it introduced at least two new Marvel characters in Agatha Harkness and Monica Rambeau's Photon.

TFATWS introduced a douchebag Captain America and the weakest onscreen MCU villain by far in the in Karly and the Flag Smashers.

It's just weak overall and I'll be happy when it's over because it's just been a waste of time and $150 million dollars.
So I have to ask this question sincerely......not only to you but the others who truly hate this series.

Why do you keep watching? If I start a series and it goes nowhere I like, I just stop watching. I don't torture myself watching something that has no interest to me. I never watched one episode of Seinfeld or Friends because those shows had nothing that appealed to me....and I certainly don't derive pleasure from watching just so I could "trash" it.

I get that we can agree to disagree...I can respect that. I just don't get the desire to watch something just so you can tear it apart.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:08 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Even the name sounds shitty.

Just an awful, awful villain.

The writing came courtesy of SJW morons.
The comics certainly had better naming. Flagsmasher is the leader of the terrorist group ULTIMATUM.

The writing is poor since we really don't see why the GCR would be treating these people poorly. Other than the LOLs I guess.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:18 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Not only is the logic behind Sam Wilson's financial state stupid beyond belief but Sharon Carter being "on the run" might be an even bigger blunder.
At one point I saw someone explain a theory that made some logical sense.

The reason for the Avengers being poor, each in his own right save for Tony Stark, was that the world still partially held them responsible for all the damage done during the war with Loki/Zemo/Ultron/Thanos. The world saw all the havoc and said...."why pay something to people who created all this?"

As for Tony Stark setting up a fund for Sam? Why? He was never really a big fan of Sam's because Sam was partially responsible for Roadie's dilemma. And Sam wasn't particularly fond of Stark either.

I don't dive into all this so deep that I have a correct answer.....I just don't see the Avengers as millionaires.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:24 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
So I have to ask this question sincerely......not only to you but the others who truly hate this series.
You're misunderstanding my criticism. Criticism doesn't equal "hate".

I don't think it's well-written, well-directed or well-scored. Each episode meanders and flips from one character's perspective to another without any reason. To date, the showrunner has given us no real reason why this show exists in the MCU.

They've failed to introduce any new interesting characters, although last night's episode might be a glimpse of what's to come. But overall, there's just no reason for this series to have existed, unless absolutely everything that's supposed to help shape Phase 4 and Phase 5 happens in the final episode.

But the reason I'm watching is because I've (or we've, if you've been reading the internet) been told that what happens in this series will affect the MCU moving forward. So far, I'm just not seeing it but the show has once last chance at redemption.

If episode 6 sucks, it's going to cast a long shadow on the other Disney+ MCU television series.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:33 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I don't dive into all this so deep that I have a correct answer.....I just don't see the Avengers as millionaires.
That "explanation" isn't even remoting plausible or logical.

As I mentioned earlier, Sam Wilson and the others were responsible for bringing back 3.5 BILLION people on Earth from death, not to mention the TRILLIONS of sentient life forms in the universe.

The "Catch Me Outside" girl, Danielle Bregoli, set up an Only Fans account less than two weeks ago and earned $1 million dollars in less than 6 hours!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that people from all over the world would donate money to Go Fund Me accounts created for Falcon, The Winter Soldier, Ant Man and everyone else that helped to save the universe from destruction. I mean, Sam was sitting at a cafe in TFATWS when he was approached by a man that said "Thank you for bringing back my wife!", yet we're supposed to believe that people wouldn't donate even a dollar for the billions of others that were saved?

That's a massive plot hole that isn't even conceivable in today's world. Every single one of them would be billionaires overnight.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:37 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You're misunderstanding my criticism. Criticism doesn't equal "hate".

I don't think it's well-written, well-directed or well-scored. Each episode meanders and flips from one character's perspective to another without any reason. To date, the showrunner has given us no real reason why this show exists in the MCU.

They've failed to introduce any new interesting characters, although last night's episode might be a glimpse of what's to come. But overall, there's just no reason for this series to have existed, unless absolutely everything that's supposed to help shape Phase 4 and Phase 5 happens in the final episode.

But the reason I'm watching is because I've (or we've, if you've been reading the internet) been told that what happens in this series will affect the MCU moving forward. So far, I'm just not seeing it but the show has once last chance at redemption.

If episode 6 sucks, it's going to cast a long shadow on the other Disney+ MCU television series.
Interestingly enough I have enjoyed the series. I don't call it exceptional or ground-breaking in any sense, but from my perspective I have enjoyed watching the broken relationship of Bucky and Sam. Neither understands the other's perspective and they don't try to sugar coat it.

The fact that Zemo, Sharon Carter and the Women of Wakanda honestly play small roles in this is OK with me.

Yes...I have been reading the same thing everyone else has....that this is a setup for Phase 4 and Phase 5. So I am taking this slow start as just what it is to me....the setup of the move forward after Iron Man and (the real) Captain America.

I will agree on one thing with you....this has been poorly scored. The music is mind-numbing and needless to me.
[Reply]
-King- 11:39 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That "explanation" isn't even remoting plausible or logical.

As I mentioned earlier, Sam Wilson and the others were responsible for bringing back 3.5 BILLION people on Earth from death, not to mention the TRILLIONS of sentient life forms in the universe.

The "Catch Me Outside" girl, Danielle Bregoli, set up an Only Fans account less than two weeks ago and earned $1 million dollars in less than 6 hours!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that people from all over the world would donate money to Go Fund Me accounts created for Falcon, The Winter Soldier, Ant Man and everyone else that helped to save the universe from destruction. I mean, Sam was sitting at a cafe in TFATWS when he was approached by a man that said "Thank you for bringing back my wife!", yet we're supposed to believe that people wouldn't donate even a dollar for the billions of others that were saved?

That's a massive plot hole that isn't even conceivable in today's world. Every single one of them would be billionaires overnight.
This lol. Him and Bucky could host a meet and greet any time they want and make millions.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:45 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's a massive plot hole that isn't even conceivable in today's world. Every single one of them would be billionaires overnight.
Interesting....then what would make any of them desire to continue on as Avenger's? Especially after seeing that money can't keep you from danger as an Avenger.

Oh....and if we are going to play "real world" here, I am betting there would be lawyers galore lined up to sue the Avenger's for damages suffered by companies/individuals? Survivor's of Sokovia who might blame the Avengers?

We aren't going to agree....I just don't see that as a plot hole. I can accept the premise that they all are struggling a lot more than I could accept them all as billionaires.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up