ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 170 of 240
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:48 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I swear, some of you act like if Andy leaves this offense is suddenly just going to become the worst offense in the NFL.

There's several guys in this league that are just as good as an offensive mind without the heinous time management/game awareness...

All I ever hear is "don't worry we got Patrick Mahomes"....well guess what, if Andy leaves we still got Patrick Mahomes.
I like the way Kyle Shanahan calls games better......
[Reply]
Jerm 11:50 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who are those guys?
Sean Payton
Sean McVay
Kyle Shanahan
Doug Pederson

And before you say any "we ain't getting any of those guys"....I wouldn't be so sure. I def. think you could get Pederson and I think once Brees retires, Payton is going to be looking for a golden parachute and we know he loves Mahomes.

You're going to be able to get a really good HC no matter what because of Mahomes....it's not exactly a crazy idea to try and get someone a little more balanced when it comes to both sides of the ball as well.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:53 AM 10-28-2019
Only really egregious decision last night was punting with 5 minutes left.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:54 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Only really egregious decision last night was punting with 5 minutes left.
I mean not going for it on 4th and half a yard when you need TDs not FGs was ridiculous as well...
[Reply]
BWillie 11:58 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He should not be fired. This team would be lost without Andy.

You have all gone off the deep end.
You unfortunately have to take the good with the bad with Andy.

It's like dealing with Russell Westbrook. You know your team is better off with him. But you know he's going to do dumbass things. Clark needs to take the clock management issues out of his hands, though. I would imagine that would really piss Andy off.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:09 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Punt. Turnover. They Punt. Tyreek returns punt. Profit.

That was the plan. Phase 2 was the problem.

True surrender would have been the "go for it" play with a completely banged up o-line and a 4th string QB.

Wally did the right thing in that situation. Used his timeouts wisely, too. Wally is not the problem.

FAX
You thought the odds were better that the Chiefs defense which was gassed was going to stop Aaron Rodgers than the offense converting on a 4th and 3?

The offense even with a banged up offensive line and back-up QB was still moving the ball well against Green Bay.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:15 PM 10-28-2019
:-)

imagine devoting a coach top 5 all time in wins

you fucking morons
Oh stop, he's a disaster in many aspects of the coaching game. You know it, I know it, we all know it, but when his coaching weaknesses end up getting Pat killed, I suspect you'll still forgive him.

Sad...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:19 PM 10-28-2019
Comparing a HOF coach to Romeo fucking Crennel and a total dogshit team?

You are off your rocker.

Pats division is a flaming pile of dogshit, too.

Texans lost to the goddamn Titans a few weeks ago. Colts nearly lost to Denver.

Get some perspective. This team is in prime position to make it's run.
1st, he's not in the HOF. At least not yet. And when he goes in, what do you think it'll be for? "Coming close"? "Doing just enough to pretty-much always make sure BB's full-spectrum style wins"?
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:23 PM 10-28-2019
We should hire some math wiz from some Ivy League school to manage the clock and to tell Reid when to go for it.

EDIT: Guess I should've read the thread. ChiTown beat me to it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:28 PM 10-28-2019
Just to be clear: You'd rather fire Reid (and lose his offensive genius) and hire someone else who could have a better handle on the "pulse of the team"? Is that accurate?
Or pay him to be an OC. Or do you think his ego is too big to allow him to be put in a position to help the team? Lord knows he sucks at everything other than the duties held by an OC.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:29 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I don't want to lose Andy Reid, but I'd love to gain a guy on the Staff that can help him manage:

a. Clock/Timeouts

b. In Game decisions (ie. when to toss the challenge flag, when to go for it on 4th down, etc)
Herm's Clock Management guy is available...

[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:33 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not about that. It’s about the fact that even with his warts, Andy Reid is still a top 3 HC. Fucking moron.
Well I guess that means not-top 3 HCs are winning SBs, right? BTW other than BB, who's the other top-3 HC?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:34 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Or pay him to be an OC. Or do you think his ego is too big to allow him to be put in a position to help the team? Lord knows he sucks at everything other than the duties held by an OC.
Guys with 200 wins aren't just glorified offensive coordinators.

Andy has several playoff seasons to his credit on defensive football teams.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:35 PM 10-28-2019
Just to be clear: You'd rather fire Reid (and lose his offensive genius) and hire someone else who could have a better handle on the "pulse of the team"? Is that accurate?
Packers did this last year and hired a new young coach. How is that going?

You guys think the way Clark probably thinks..”if we lose Andy we might not ever find someone good again and be stuck with a Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel or Herm Edwards.”

There’s a lot of good coaches out there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:38 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Packers did this last year and hired a new young coach. How is that going?

You guys think the way Clark probably thinks..”if we lose Andy we might not ever find someone good again and be stuck with a Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel or Herm Edwards.”

There’s a lot of good coaches out there.
We are just getting started on the Reid + Mahomes era.

We need to let it play out.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 240
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220 > Last »
Up