ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:16 PM 03-25-2023
The single greatest piece of advice I've ever read about, used, and it worked was this

At the end of the interview when they typically ask you if you have any other questions, ask them this... Do you have any concerns about me that we can address now?

It really seemed to catch him off guard, and landed me the job I hopefully retire on
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:19 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The single greatest piece of advice I've ever read about, used, and it worked was this

At the end of the interview when they typically ask you if you have any other questions, ask them this... Do you have any concerns about me that we can address now?

It really seemed to catch him off guard, and landed me the job I hopefully retire on
That is a great tactic, unless the response is...."Now that you mention it, not only are we concerned about the sheer volume of time you appear to spend on chief planet dot com, we also have a number of statments we need to address....do you recall a post you made on July 15th, 2008...."
[Reply]
Eureka 11:02 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Sorry to hear but you'll land on your feet. As tempting as it may be to go off on anybody, I'd take the high road because you never know when professional paths cross again and someday you may be glad you left on a high note. Good luck......
Same could be said when banging random chicks. Never know if you'll be crossing that bridge again.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:13 PM 03-25-2023

[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:27 AM 03-26-2023
Wow, that's terrible. It's happened to me twice in jobs that I was at for a long time. Currently, I'm hoping that they will lay me off before I retire. That 17 years of work would get me a nice severance.

What do I need to do to get laid off?

Seriously, I feel badly for you and am just making a bad joke.
[Reply]
Bump 01:03 AM 03-26-2023

and whatever you do, do not say "nope, I have nothing to ask"
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:30 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
and whatever you do, do not say "nope, I have nothing to ask"
I always try to follow up with 2 or 3 questions
[Reply]
Pablo 10:42 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
1. how big r u?

2. what do u know about tapes and cds?
[Reply]
wazu 10:43 AM 03-26-2023
My son had a job interview last year where they asked him if he had any questions. "Yeah, can I have the job?" No joke.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:48 AM 03-26-2023
I’ve been in interviews where the candidate asks “When can I start?” as the follow up question. Sometimes it’s really impressive, sometimes it’s cringe.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:28 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
My son had a job interview last year where they asked him if he had any questions. "Yeah, can I have the job?" No joke.
Did it work?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:37 AM 03-26-2023
For my last go around, when I was looking to move schools-I hired a career consultant. He has experience in education so it was well worth it.

I had a modern resume and some skills to sell myself in an interview.

May be worth a shot if you have not interviewed or done a resume in a while

KEEP MOVING FORWARD
[Reply]
Donger 11:40 AM 03-26-2023
Did it work?
It's been a very long time for me, but I'd use: "Are you going to make me an offer?" instead.

Fingers crossed for you.
[Reply]
wazu 11:47 AM 03-26-2023
Did it work?
Yes, although it was an interview for a promotion. Probably was getting the job regardless. Sounded like they were pretty amused that he asked the question so they had him leave the room and then walked out and gave him the job. I would not recommend this approach usually. In his case the compensation was set, but normally it would be good to have that established before essentially "accepting" a job.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:59 PM 03-26-2023
Hate to hear that TM. You will land on your feet, I am sure of that. Went through a similar situation myself losing a job after 18 years.

Found another gig and I am grateful that if I got shit canned right now it would just mean retirement. Just hanging on now to get as much into my pension a I can.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up