ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 73
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Hall of Classics>I’m leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.

I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:02 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by B_Razz:
I havent been here in 7 years

play a tune from my favorite band b4 you go

[Reply]
Frazod 05:10 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
This thread really belongs in DC

Abortion
Oh, don't worry, I'm sure it will end up there.
[Reply]
Holladay 05:25 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by :
I’d be fine if this thread doesn’t reach 1,000.
What he said.

That is unless you are Gaz who bowed out nicely citing decent reasons. Most of the other avoir threads seem to be attention sympathies.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:28 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
1/4 - congrats on the milestone E6

Should be there by Sat Night.
Pat's already speaking in riddles, I dont need you doubling down...
[Reply]
Stryker 05:34 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:
What he said.

That is unless you are Gaz who bowed out nicely citing decent reasons. Most of the other avoir threads seem to be attention sympathies.
Man please forgive me, what were those reasons for Gaz departure? Cannot remember :-)
[Reply]
FAX 05:34 PM 04-29-2021
The end of an era.

FAX
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:43 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:
What he said.

I realize the stigma attached to "I'm leaving forever" threads but, to me this feels like that was used tongue in cheek. I reserve the right to change my opinion on this once we find out the reason(s) behind his leaving but, I think this was intended as a genuine and graceful goodbye to a community that he was a part of for the better part of two decades - the attention whoring mystery aspect notwithstanding.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:08 PM 04-29-2021
I always heard he was gay.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:12 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Man please forgive me, what were those reasons for Gaz departure? Cannot remember :-)
Rudeness and impertinence.

Basically, allergic to anti-freeze. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:15 PM 04-29-2021
Best wishes!
[Reply]
lewdog 06:16 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Don’t you hate people who use big words just to make themselves look perspicacious?
Fuck!

I wasted this here instead of Baby Lee’s leaving forever thread!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:19 PM 04-29-2021
Fuck!

I wasted this here instead of Baby Lee’s leaving forever thread!!!
Why wait to tell me how much you hate me when I'm already gone?

Carpe Diem - that means 'seize the day.' :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:21 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Why wait to tell me how much you hate me when I'm already gone?

Carpe Diem - that means 'seize the day.' :-)
RIP!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:30 PM 04-29-2021
I always heard he was gay.
well he had two daughters so I guess he could have reverted to his true orientation later in life. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 06:33 PM 04-29-2021
I feel like we should have a political debate or something in pat's honor. That would kick the post rate up a notch. :-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 73
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up