ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 435
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
glad you're a real fan and can support our guys
This is the same shit people said when people had the audacity to say early on "hey guys - maybe this Matt Cassel fella kinda sucks..."

Nobody wants Frank Clark to fail. And very few people think he will continue to do so.

But pointing out that he's been a disappointment thus far isn't being hypercritical or unfair. It isn't being a 'bad fan'.

Little old ladies that yell at people in the stadium to sit down are the only people I generally meet that tell anyone who's being critical that they aren't good supporters of the team. You sound like a PTA mom.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:20 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.
BullshitI just re-watched yesterdays game, specifically trying to keep my focus on Clark.

He is playing like a guy that got paid and wants to be healthy enjoying life after football with all of that money.

HE IS NOT BEING DOUBLED
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:25 PM 09-30-2019
Clark has been very underwhelming so far but we still have 12-more games to go. That said I don't think Ford is any worse than Clark is if anything he might be better. So getting rid of Ford and signing Clark seemed like a stupid move to me and still does.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:28 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do ever so love those that hide behind the skirts of a byline.

Arrowhead Pride did exactly what you and others in this thread have done for the last 4 weeks - you've assigned a pre-determined cause to what you're looking at.

That article said one thing that y'all seized on and said it poorly at that. It didn't even define what 'running away from' Clark is. Does that mean a stretch zone that the RB takes a cutback on? It very easily could mean that and that has nothing to do with Frank Clark; that's simply seeing a cutback lane and taking it. And the Ravens did a TON of that in that game but they didn't do it because of Frank Clark, they did it because a cutback up the middle on a stretch read will always yield a nice gain if that cutback opens up.

Moreover, it still did nothing to speak to the causation/correlation problem. Clark spent the first part of the game primarily on the weak side of the formation and the QBs left. Meanwhile the Ravens run right because they HAVE to if they're going to sell the RPO action (can't do an RPO left with Lamar Jackson). So they 'ran away' from Clark by the natural design of their offense. Additionally, that's where the TE is (more blockers) and where Marshall Yanda is. There are 3 very obvious reasons why the Ravens would've run to the right side and 'away' from Clark, but none of them are 'because Frank Clark is a scary, scary man'.

He didn't address the fact that they were still running right when Clark moved to the left. He didn't establish his methodology. He did nothing to attempt to parse causation from correlation at all.

He picked a conclusion and stated that conclusion and then provided little in the way of supporting argument or evidence for it.

Meanwhile, we have the same tired excuse making about Clark in this thread about his double teams and chips. Most elite pass-rushers don't have a teammate as good as Chris Jones, lads. Most of them get MORE attention than Frank Clark is getting. God, to listen to you people tell it, nobody has ever gotten chipped but Frank Clark. I mean it's CHIP people - he doesn't have snipers shooting at his ****ing knees.

And as I've been saying all along - he's getting a TON of single-teamed reps and does nothing with them. Remember in the Jags game when I said "uh, guys - this cat's getting handled 1v1 by Tight Ends..." and y'all insisted that it was impossible because he's clearly a stud. Fellas - he's STILL getting handled 1v1 by tight ends. And tackles. And anyone else.

He's playing like ass. Let Arrowhide Pride do (bad) work for you all you want, but if you'd be willing to view his performance with any kind of critical eye, you'd realize he's playing extremely poorly.
:-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:45 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is the same shit people said when people had the audacity to say early on "hey guys - maybe this Matt Cassel fella kinda sucks..."

Nobody wants Frank Clark to fail. And very few people think he will continue to do so.

But pointing out that he's been a disappointment thus far isn't being hypercritical or unfair. It isn't being a 'bad fan'.

Little old ladies that yell at people in the stadium to sit down are the only people I generally meet that tell anyone who's being critical that they aren't good supporters of the team. You sound like a PTA mom.
Saying he fucking sucks and bashing on everything he does is a little different
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:09 PM 09-30-2019
Had a bad feeling that he and Mathieu would be underwhelming. Not that they’re not worth having, but both were probably overvalued.

Gotta think that Ford would have been way more disruptive through 4 games than this. How many pressures does Ford have?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:11 PM 09-30-2019
It's not like QB's have to hold onto the ball very long. Not to mention the run D that allows many third and mediums/shorts.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:22 PM 09-30-2019
FC and TM got paid. Nuff said.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:40 PM 09-30-2019
Why are folks pining for Ford? The dude just got put on the injury report, again.
[Reply]
jonzie04 06:11 PM 09-30-2019
wrong.

Here's a good refresher article since Spag's love over and under fronts.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...4-3-over-front

I've been collecting A22 clips and eventually will throw a post together with some good and bad stuff.
Actually it isn't wrong. and except for run blitzes, and stunts (which are plain to see ) he is reading, and reacting to the tackle, and probably the RB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:16 PM 09-30-2019
wrong.

Here's a good refresher article since Spag's love over and under fronts.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...4-3-over-front

I've been collecting A22 clips and eventually will throw a post together with some good and bad stuff.
This. Clark isn't playing the tackle. He's playing the QB and the RB. He's mostly reading/reacting. And he's pretty darn good at it.
[Reply]
MGRS13 06:21 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
FC and TM got paid. Nuff said.
Seems to me best case you could say for him is he got paid and doesn't care, but I don't think that's true. I'm not a coach and I don't watch all 22 but from what I've seen is he's just not great, or not currently playing great. He doesn't seem to get off blocks well, and his spin move usually ends up as a 180 and he just seems to be pushing his ass towards the tackle. He appears to be trying he just doesn't look particularly good or strong really.
[Reply]
jonzie04 06:26 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This. Clark isn't playing the tackle. He's playing the QB and the RB. He's mostly reading/reacting. And he's pretty darn good at it.

He definitely plays the tackle. The tackle tells you everything you need to know. low hat, high hat, down block, drive block, reach block.

NFL QBs are too good to just read them lol... Watch an overlay of manning, theres almost zero difference in his drop step on a pass, or a run.

Of course Clark looks in the backfield, but he's playing the tackle too.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:40 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
He definitely plays the tackle. The tackle tells you everything you need to know. low hat, high hat, down block, drive block, reach block.

NFL QBs are too good to just read them lol... Watch an overlay of manning, theres almost zero difference in his drop step on a pass, or a run.

Of course Clark looks in the backfield, but he's playing the tackle too.
Right I should've been more precise. What I meant by "reading the QB" was that Frank's reading whether the QB is really handing off or not. Not where the QB is actually going to pass the ball. You can see his head moving from side to side checking the QB/RB merge, and see how he reacts based on which has the ball.

So what I should've said is that Clark isn't just playing the tackle.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:31 PM 09-30-2019
Frank Clark is weaker than a clarinet solo.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 435
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up