ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 374 of 435
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378384424 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:06 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
First, please don’t skip over the rest of my post. Address that.

Second, Clark and Matthieu counted 13mm against the salary cap in 2019 (source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffed...s-revenge/amp/ ) while Houston would’ve counted 14mm alone. So nice comparison. But I’ll play along.

Do we win a Super Bowl with Houston and a first round pick instead of Clark and Matthieu?
I didn't skip over it.

Also we didn't save $14 mil, because we carried $7 mil of dead money. We could have easily afforded Mathieu and kept Houston. So yes it is a nice comparison. Yes, we do win a SB with Houston, Mathieu, and a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:06 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They probably look like all those other plays where he was 'just doing his job' or 'the opponent was running away from him...'

Again - I really felt like we'd gotten beyond this "Frank Clark sets the edge" nonsense. There's literally nothing to support it. It wasn't a strength of his in Seattle and frankly NOTHING has been a strength of his in KC.

It's just something that's hard enough to loudly disprove that his supporters claimed he did it at a superlative level - lack of evidence be damned.
I just watched the Ten game and the motherfucker just hand fights with the tackle the entire game. He's trash
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I just watched the Ten game and the motherfucker just hand fights with the tackle the entire game. He's trash
For the majority of games here there is no level of T bad enough for him to win his rep with regularity. Guy was at various points getting singled by TEs.

And we're supposed to buy into this 'monster edge setter' nonsense when the dude's getting handled by 3rd string LTs and Blake Bell knock-offs.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:21 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They probably look like all those other plays where he was 'just doing his job' or 'the opponent was running away from him...'

Again - I really felt like we'd gotten beyond this "Frank Clark sets the edge" nonsense. There's literally nothing to support it. It wasn't a strength of his in Seattle and frankly NOTHING has been a strength of his in KC.

It's just something that's hard enough to loudly disprove that his supporters claimed he did it at a superlative level - lack of evidence be damned.
Literally the first play of the Super Bowl on defense was the 49ers running right at him and losing yards :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:21 PM 09-12-2022
I didn't skip over it.

Also we didn't save $14 mil, because we carried $7 mil of dead money. We could have easily afforded Mathieu and kept Houston. So yes it is a nice comparison. Yes, we do win a SB with Houston, Mathieu, and a 1st round pick.
We signed Clark to a 6yr/101mm deal in 2015. At the end of the 4th year, he had counted against the cap about 61mm. That means the final 2 years were basically structured as 2yr/40mm. So yes, we paid 7mm but we still saved roughly 14mm in the 2019 season.

What am I missing?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:24 PM 09-12-2022
I just watched the Ten game and the mother****er just hand fights with the tackle the entire game. He's trash
Boy if you’re that mad at Frank Clark for not getting sacks then wait til you see Chris Jones playoff highlights.

Bc aside from a couple of tipped passed and a handful of pressures, it ain’t that good.

It’s weird that you hate Clark for getting any kind of sack but praise Chris Jones for his postseason work which includes no sacks. He also had his hands on Burrow like 3 times when it mattered most and couldn’t get the sacks which lead to big plays in our loss.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:31 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Boy if you’re that mad at Frank Clark for not getting sacks then wait til you see Chris Jones playoff highlights.

Bc aside from a couple of tipped passed and a handful of pressures, it ain’t that good.

It’s weird that you hate Clark for getting any kind of sack but praise Chris Jones for his postseason work which includes no sacks. He also had his hands on Burrow like 3 times when it mattered most and couldn’t get the sacks which lead to big plays in our loss.
If you watch the game and don't see the clear difference between Jones and Clark, then idk what to tell you. Chris is constantly in the QBs face and he's doing that as a DT. He doesn't allow the QB to step into the pocket which should give Clark all types of sack opportunities.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:35 PM 09-12-2022

Also I wouldn't give a shit about sacks if Clark was actually disruptive in the back field. Chris Jones was 10x more important in the playoffs that year than Clark.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:41 PM 09-12-2022
Also I wouldn't give a shit about sacks if Clark was actually disruptive in the back field. Chris Jones was 10x more important in the playoffs that year than Clark.
Chris Jones missed the Texans game. Frank Clark got 3 sacks, 3 tackles for loss and 4 QB hits that game without Chris Jones :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:45 PM 09-12-2022
Chris Jones missed the Texans game. Frank Clark got 3 sacks, 3 tackles for loss and 4 QB hits that game without Chris Jones :-)
:-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:49 PM 09-12-2022
God damn you just bodied him :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:50 PM 09-12-2022
Meh...neither Jones or Clark will be a member of the Chiefs next yr anyways.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:50 PM 09-12-2022
It’s okay. You just dunked on him just like Chris Jones did playing basketball in the locker room to get injured for that Texans game but dphldipshit will conveniently ignore points that don’t support his original thesis and the debate will continue.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 09-12-2022
Literally the first play of the Super Bowl on defense was the 49ers running right at him and losing yards :-)
See - this is what I'm talking about.

Nnadi got moved to the 3-tech pre-snap on that play. He swallowed up the guard. Wilson came blasting off the guard's shoulder and wiped out the FB.

And STILL Clark wasn't the first guy on the scene - Ragland was. Clark got stuck at the LOS (by a TE) and then after everyone else closed up on the ballcarrier, Clark came through. He didn't 'set the edge' or blow up that run. Nnadi and Wilson did.

Oh, and 2 plays later the mighty edge-setter got undressed by Deebo Samuel for 30 yards when Clark completely blew his contain responsibilities.

Y'all treat him like the equipment manager making unguarded 3s. It's as bad as Clay's efforts early on in his time here. At least Clay finally gave up.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:59 PM 09-12-2022
Apparently, Frank Clark still sucks

Glad we have Karlaftis
[Reply]
Page 374 of 435
« First < 274324364370371372373374 375376377378384424 > Last »
Up