ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 337 of 435
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341347387 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:26 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
1 sack
3 QB hits
5 total pressures

That’s worth the money if he keeps this up
+ 1 forced fumble
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:26 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Not at all surprising. He's looked great now that he's healthier.
The really big difference that I have noticed the last couple of weeks is the sort of push he is getting. It's been very noticeably disruptive.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:29 PM 11-22-2021
Clark absolutely embarrassed the OT when he drew that holding call. That’s about as bad as an OT can get whooped by a DE.
[Reply]
threebag 01:31 PM 11-22-2021
1 sack
3 QB hits
5 total pressures

he cant, he takes too many plays off
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:32 PM 11-22-2021
1 sack
3 QB hits
5 total pressures

I'm pleasantly surprised that he is playing great. I hope he keeps it up.

If this dline can dominate then this defense will be really tough to score on.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:35 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
he cant, he takes too many plays off
Did you mean games?

Pretty clear at this point he was slacking for the first 1/3rd of the season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:36 PM 11-22-2021
He's playing great.

Cool. For how long? Is it going to take him 10 games to have a mega millions-worthy game next season if we end up keeping him?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:36 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Did you mean games?

Pretty clear at this point he was slacking for the first 1/3rd of the season.
He was injured.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:38 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He was injured.
At this point, players should probably just sit if they are at all injured. It'd prevent fans from suggesting the players are taking plays/games off.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:30 PM 11-22-2021
Clark has looked SO good we should all start making peace with the idea that, perhaps, he will not be automatically cut in the offseason. Instead, maybe some of that nonguaranteed base salary is turned into an extension and he's extended 2-3 years.

Assuming his legal stuff clears, of course.

He's only 28 years old.

Maybe next year's base ($19M) gets turned into a signing bonus as two years are tacked on to the end of the deal. You could get his hit down as low as around $13M with something like that, which likely is less than the cost of cutting him ($6.8 dead cap in 22 and 23, or 13.6 all at once in 22).

You can probably negotiate to keep it free of guarantees beyond the signing bonus. Maybe include a roster bonus in years 3 and 4 or something like that, in lieu of base salary.

He'd still be cut-able in that scenario in 24 or 25, and likely at a lower cost than it would cost to cut him after this season.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:46 PM 11-22-2021
Playing very well in recent weeks. Hopefully he can keep it going the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:47 PM 11-22-2021
Maybe with the caveat that he can't have spicy food.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's playing great.

Cool. For how long? Is it going to take him 10 games to have a mega millions-worthy game next season if we end up keeping him?
Yup, he's playing well. And him playing at this level has been a huge part of our defensive resurgence.

I still wish he had any moves to speak of (afterall, his sack was wholly a result of a backup LT not knowing who to block, so Clark just got a free shot), but at the very least he's presenting enough power at this point to free Jones up. And he's collapsing the pocket in his own right on occasion.

Honestly he looks a lot like Ingram looks out there at the moment. Both guys are looking to just hammer the guy in front of them and try to push the pocket in. When they do that, the QB can't escape left/right and Jones can feast.

He's playing a role. It ain't worth what we're paying him (he'd still be largely a non-factor if he didn't have Jones and even Ingram around), but it's critically important for this defense. The money and draft picks are a sunk cost so if this is all we get out of him, so be it - it's good enough to win with.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:21 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't mind paying Tyreek. He's a physical freak, a good team player, shows no signs of slowing down and should be a viable option well into his mid 30's as long as he stays relatively healthy.

But I'm not paying for any more Frank Clarks.

I'll pay our guys if they project out at a high level.
If you're going to break the bank, I would generally prefer to pay for guys already on the team where it's partly to make up for being underpaid in the past.
And guys you know a lot about, like Chris Jones, as opposed to guys you know less about like when they brought in Frank Clark.
KC looks like it will have some expensive decisions to make especially with the CB spot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:36 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If you're going to break the bank, I would generally prefer to pay for guys already on the team where it's partly to make up for being underpaid in the past.
And guys you know a lot about, like Chris Jones, as opposed to guys you know less about like when they brought in Frank Clark.
KC looks like it will have some expensive decisions to make especially with the CB spot.
I'm not paying corners EVER. Shitty Steven Nelson got what, $12m per? No fuckin' way.

The rules are so skewed against them that there's no point. The functional difference between a top flight corner and a Charvarious Ward is minimal. Draft, develop, churn, and burn at CB. Veach has been doing exactly right at that position, and should continue to do what he's been doing. Let Ward walk, take the comp pick, and get yourself another mid-late round guy to develop. Bring in one or two every year.
[Reply]
Page 337 of 435
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341347387 > Last »
Up