ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 292 of 435
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302342392 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:12 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Would have had a fumble recovery (and possibly a TD) if not for the forward progress ruling, too.

You'd have to include time Clark's spent playing with a hefty lead to make the comparison more fair.
:-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:13 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So it doesn’t matter if it’s just stats. You need to add an asterisk to every lead that Clark has. Got it.
And apparently include almost stats for Houston.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:17 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't have any hate for Houston. In fact, I'm pretty sure in the weeks before the Clark trade was announced, I advocated for possibly keeping him.

But his performance in the playoffs historically wasn't great. You could even say that he was largely invisible for the most part. How much of that was him, and how much of that was Sutton's scheme/inability to make in-game adjustments, or even to use Houston better than he did are all matters that could be up for debate. But the bottom line is Houston wasn't a playoff game performer during his time with KC.

Frank Clark has played really big in the playoffs, and seemingly bigger when the lights were brightest and on the biggest stages. Clark is a winner, period.

I agree with this, and would add that Houston always had another bookend to help out as well.....Dee Ford, Tamba Hali.....

Heck, in the 2018 AFCCG, Houston had both Ford and Jones taking pressure off of him....and still couldn't do anything...

Who has Clark had in his playoff? Jones of course, but KPass and Okafor don't command double teams.....yet Clark delivers.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:18 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Without a doubt, can we just kill this fucking narrative?
Who spends this much time trying to find cracks in their own foundation of talent?

Get a fucking life
Fans still suffering from playoff PTSD.:-)

It's idiotic, but I guess it's to be expected from some people of this fanbase. It's actually kind of funny when you think about it. We have a winning team, a SB winning team with probably a few more SB appearances ahead of us, and some people just can't let the past go. I actually feel kind of sorry for them. Instead of seeing the positives, they can only wallow in the negatives, and even have to have those negatives, like a security blanket or like a baby sucking their thumbs. Without it, they start caterwauling.

I honestly hope they find their way out of it.
[Reply]
-King- 11:19 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I agree with this, and would add that Houston always had another bookend to help out as well.....Dee Ford, Tamba Hali.....

Heck, in the 2018 AFCCG, Houston had both Ford and Jones taking pressure off of him....and still couldn't do anything...

Who has Clark had in his playoff? Jones of course, but KPass and Okafor don't command double teams.....yet Clark delivers.
Why do people never talk about his 2 sacks in the Indy game? He delivered then and then had a bad game the next week. Clark had a bad game against the Browns and then delivered against the Bills.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do people never talk about his 2 sacks in the Indy game? He delivered then and then had a bad game the next week. Clark had a bad game against the Browns and then delivered against the Bills.
Because Clark did it in every playoff game the year before.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 AM 02-04-2021
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 02-04-2021
Using team success to measure the difference the player is disingenuous. Ben Neimann has more AFCCG and superbowl wins than Derrick Johnson. What does that mean?

I think Clark has been better than Houston in the playoffs, but using team wins as a way of proving that is dumb.
All of these arguments are dumb.

Clark is here, Houston isn't.

There's no reason to even discuss it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:23 AM 02-04-2021
Houston had his opportunity to stay for less money. He chose not to. Fuck him. He’s gone.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:23 AM 02-04-2021
So it doesn’t matter if it’s just stats. You need to add an asterisk to every lead that Clark has. Got it.
Most stats need context.

The stats posted show they're actually pretty similar. One plays on a decent team whose strength is the defense, the other is playing on a squad with one of the best offenses of all time. Clark has more favorable opportunities to rack up pass rushing stats, yet overall their numbers aren't all that different.

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
And apparently include almost stats for Houston.
Houston scooped up that fumble. He made that play, which would have been a big one. He was just unlucky enough to be fucked over by one of the worst calls in NFL history.
[Reply]
-King- 11:26 AM 02-04-2021
I agree. But Houston had 3 sacks in his last 3 playoff games with us. That doesn't count for anything? He had 1 bad game in his last 4 playoff opportunities with us.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 02-04-2021
Hey guys....Tyreek Hill’s stats aren’t that impressive. I mean he plays on a team with a high powered offense and a future HOF at QB. That how that works?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:27 AM 02-04-2021
I agree. But Houston had 3 sacks in his last 3 playoff games with us. That doesn't count for anything? He had 1 bad game in his last 4 playoff opportunities with us.
Never said it didn’t count. I’ve said my piece about him. He had his chance to stay and he chose not to. That’s all that matters.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 02-04-2021
Never said it didn’t count. I’ve said my piece about him. He had his chance to stay and he chose not to. That’s all that matters.
This.
[Reply]
-King- 11:28 AM 02-04-2021
I fully agree. He should have taken that pay cut. Bet he regrets it now.
[Reply]
Page 292 of 435
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302342392 > Last »
Up