ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 280 of 435
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290330380 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:38 PM 01-20-2021
2nd video:

1) Lined up/LT. From SG-Baker throws left 3s. 55 delayed rush
2) LT. throws middle 2.0s. 55 defends HB flat
3) LT. Throws R. LT+TE on 55.
4) RT. Throws right. 55 gets pressure, forces Baker to step and escape, throws INT
5) LT. FAKE SWEEP-L. 55 SCHEMED OUT OF PLAY
6) RT. DEFENDS HB SCREEN
7) RT. DEFENDS SWEEP, THEN DROPS INTO COVERAGE
8) RT. 55 takes steep rush, think he's trying to create a gap for DD, but Hunt picks him up. Nice play by Hunt
9) TRICKED ME HERE. THIS IS A HB-DIVE-R. NOT A PASSING PLAY.
10) LT. 55 DEFENDS FAKE SWEEP, THEN DROPS INTO COVERAGE.
11) LT. Contain rush?
12) LT. rush.
13) LT. 55 gets press. Baker makes a great throw
14)LT. Think I have 14 and 15 flipped or something. On one of them he beats the T cleanly to the side, gets pressure.
15)
16) mushrush or something
17) contain?
18) CHIP-TE
19) not sure what 55 is doing here.
20) defends the screen. Have it starred so something good happened. Oh, this was the screen I was talking yesterday. 55 goes into what's probably a mush rush, recognizes the HB screen, jumps back and covers Chubb. Baker is forced to throw the ball away. Nice piece of football by 55.

So I got 4 chips, a double team (thought I had two, but no matter), a TE jam @LoS, at least 7 mush-rush/contain rushes, 7 HB flat/screens defended, 3? designed rushes to create a gap for DD or another defender, and 8-9 of what I think are actual pass-rushes by 55.

Feels about right. Didn't realize during the game just how many fake sweeps CLE attempted.
[Reply]
-King- 11:55 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I just watched play 4 and 5 and those are two of the worst "chip blocks" I've ever seen. Chubb literally reaches out and taps Clark on his shoulder on number 4 and Hunt grazes Clark with his elbow. Clark was in no way hampered by those lousy attempts and was already being handled by the OT.
Yeah I counted 3 chips and that was with me counting the Hunt play as a chip because I guess he touches Clarks arm? whereas I dont even think Chubb touches him at all in his play.

Bottom line is he doesn't get chipped or doubled anywhere enough to use that as an excuse. And the whole rushing upfield thing on purpose makes no sense when as Megatron says, cleveland is trying to make quick passes. All that does is allow a throwing lane and gives him an extra second or so if he needs it.

Hope we see "playoff Clark" these next two games, but after next year, we need to cut him or see if he can agree to a paycut. Yes he does the fundamental things right which is good and does give the defense some stability, but he's paid to also make impact plays and stat sheet plays which he isn't really showing he's capable of.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:04 AM 01-21-2021
Baker's average time between snap and throw: 2.2 seconds.
[Reply]
-King- 12:22 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Baker's average time between snap and throw: 2.2 seconds.
So you agree that saying he was looping around on purpose makes no sense? If a QB is getting the ball out that fast, its better off to just stay in front and try to bat the ball down if the ball is coming out that quickly. Especially when the RBs were using the lane created by Frank Clarks wide rushes to start their route.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:36 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
you must have missed this from my post:

The stats aren't going to get Frank another big contract, I agree, but he is playing fairly well within the scope of the defense and what Spags is asking of our D.
Which is great for a guy making average NFL salary not for a guy w Frank's contract.

Don't worry though, according to the homers 'playoff Clark' is about to be unleashed!
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:44 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
So you agree that saying he was looping around on purpose makes no sense? If a QB is getting the ball out that fast, its better off to just stay in front and try to bat the ball down if the ball is coming out that quickly. Especially when the RBs were using the lane created by Frank Clarks wide rushes to start their route.
On at least one of those odd loop rushes, it looked like the idea was to give DD a free rush, but Hunt saw him, twisted inside to the inside of the RT, and picked it up. On a couple (maybe 3?), I don't think it was a real rush; I think he was defending against a possible roll out. A couple others, I think it's obvious that 55 is avoiding a chip if he went inside. The others, I can't decide what he was trying to do.

But they had him that wide for a reason. Spags/Daly had a week to study CLE, so yeah, they knew that the ball was going to come out fast. Clark would obviously know he couldn't get home lined up as wide as he was on some of those snaps.

It occurs to me right now that it might have been to prevent him from getting caught inside on those fake sweeps? That's what happened to PIT's DEs a few times, iirc.

Which worked. Clark successfully defended or helped defend most of those fake sweep/HB flat pass plays, and the screens to his side. And CLE attempted about 8 or 9 of them. Around 30% of the pass plays Clark was on the field, they tried to scheme him out of the play.
[Reply]
-King- 01:11 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
On at least one of those odd loop rushes, it looked like the idea was to give DD a free rush, but Hunt saw him, twisted inside to the inside of the RT, and picked it up. On a couple (maybe 3?), I don't think it was a real rush; I think he was defending against a possible roll out. A couple others, I think it's obvious that 55 is avoiding a chip if he went inside. The others, I can't decide what he was trying to do.

But they had him that wide for a reason. Spags/Daly had a week to study CLE, so yeah, they knew that the ball was going to come out fast. Clark would obviously know he couldn't get home lined up as wide as he was on some of those snaps.

It occurs to me right now that it might have been to prevent him from getting caught inside on those fake sweeps? That's what happened to PIT's DEs a few times, iirc.

Which worked. Clark successfully defended or helped defend most of those fake sweep/HB flat pass plays, and the screens to his side. And CLE attempted about 8 or 9 of them. Around 30% of the pass plays Clark was on the field, they tried to scheme him out of the play.
They didn't try to scheme him out of shit. They treated him just like any other weak side defensive end. I think you misinterpret them running plays the side Clark isn't on as them trying to scheme him out of a play when in reality they're just running plays to their strong side. Has nothing to do with Clark specifically.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:12 AM 01-21-2021
I still think something is physically wrong with him.

He's not the same guy, and it's not like he's a low effort individual, or old enough to fall off the cliff.

Something is not right.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:19 AM 01-21-2021
He needs to leave it all on the field and play to his contract these last two games of the season, and we may need to take the best OLB we can get in the draft to replace him in the coming year or two. We locked him down so he could help handle the defensive side with Chris Jones and Tyrann Mathieu, the Landlord is holding up his end of the bargain and Chris Jones has at least flashes or disruption, but 6 sacks, tied for 41st in the league is a definite step back and won't be tolerated in the future. If all he wanted was money and a ring and now he has nothing left to prove, then good for him, but he won't get into the hall of fame and he will be forgotten eventually for only putting forth one year of greatness to get it, then nothing afterwards.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:31 AM 01-21-2021
Get a life, people.

And don't quit your day job.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I still think something is physically wrong with him.

He's not the same guy, and it's not like he's a low effort individual, or old enough to fall off the cliff.

Something is not right.
I agree. He's not the same player he was in Seattle, it's pretty easy to see.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:00 AM 01-21-2021
At this point is it really worth complaining about him anymore? He is what he is. I'm not personally expecting much from him. Going into next season we face a cap crunch and his $26 million salary isn't helping any, but that's another story for another day. We know what we're getting from him right now, he's a sunk cost, and I think we can still win it all even with him not living up to his contract.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
At this point is it really worth complaining about him anymore? He is what he is. I'm not personally expecting much from him. Going into next season we face a cap crunch and his $26 million salary isn't helping any, but that's another story for another day. We know what we're getting from him right now, he's a sunk cost, and I think we can still win it all even with him not living up to his contract.
You've got a great point. He's here through next year.

Maybe they'll restructure this offseason to lower his cap hit and kick the can down the road or maybe they'll ride it out and let him go after next season.

Either way, we can't change any of it and we shouldn't let it color what is quickly becoming the new golden era of Chiefs football.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree. He's not the same player he was in Seattle, it's pretty easy to see.
Something is wrong there. I dunno what, but he's just not the same.

Which is even more reason to move on or take a pay cut or something.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:13 AM 01-21-2021
Frank is gonna beast on setting the edge Sunday!!

Mark it down.
[Reply]
Page 280 of 435
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284290330380 > Last »
Up