ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 252 of 435
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302352 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:01 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Clark simply is not that good. Just face the facts. It was a bad trade. Veach dick suckers can't face the fact he made a bad move. We at least got a SB out of it and he played great in playoffs so let's be happy about that but first chance Chiefs get - they should move on.
We need more time to draw that conclusion. Beginning of last season we thought it was a horrible trade, last postseason we all were completely fine with the trade and the Super Bowl it brought us, now we're back to hating it.

Truthfully, with the amount we gave up, he was never going to live up to it. Wasn't it a 1st, 2nd and $100m contract? At that steep a price, anything less than consistent TJ Watt level production was going to piss us off, but we needed a culture change and we needed it quickly. They did the best thing they thought they could at the time. What's done is done. I'm not even mad about it but his cap hit is about to reach absurd territory so he needs to get his shit together quickly.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 12-07-2020
With what he was doing in Seattle, the way he played etc, fine with it if that’s what you get.

But at best, in those trades you hope to break even. They aren’t gonna prove valuable. He was instrumental in winning a super bowl here. Played great down the stretch.

So yeah, as far as I’m concerned, we won the trade and won a Super Bowl. The rest is whatever to me atleast.

I’m tired of being miserable.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:33 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs wouldn't have advanced in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl without Frank Clark, so he was worth every goddamn penny and both draft picks that made it happen.
And one of those picks you could say we got back.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:39 PM 12-07-2020
We desperately needed a pass rushing end at that point too. Look at that draft and where we would have picked. The Seahawks took LJ fucking Collier with that pick and he hasnt done shit. The Clark trade was the correct move for a team chasing a title
[Reply]
JakeF 04:01 PM 12-07-2020
We should have been all over Carlos Dunlap and Yannick Ngakoue at the trade deadline. Both of them would have really helped us. Yannick cost a 5th RD pick and about 4m in salary. Carlos was signed for about 1.5 million.

We could have afforded both. They would have improved our defense so much. They would help keep our guys fresh and both can rush the passer.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:02 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We should have been all over Carlos Dunlap and Yannick Ngakoue at the trade deadline. Both of them would have really helped us. Yannick cost a 5th RD pick and about 4m in salary. Carlos was signed for about 1.5 million.

We could have afforded both. They would have improved our defense so much. They would help keep our guys fresh and both can rush the passer.
Yannick was a 3rd round pick + IIRC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:02 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We desperately needed a pass rushing end at that point too. Look at that draft and where we would have picked. The Seahawks took LJ fucking Collier with that pick and he hasnt done shit. The Clark trade was the correct move for a team chasing a title
Yep.

Some people will say they should have kept Houston but the guy didn't want to be here.
[Reply]
O.city 04:17 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

Some people will say they should have kept Houston but the guy didn't want to be here.
I have no clue if he wanted to be or not but he wasn’t gonna get paid that. So he chose to leave instead of take a cut.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:33 PM 12-07-2020
I'll argue to this day that Houston is still a really good player and has a place on a winning roster, but he missed out more than we did.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:37 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I have no clue if he wanted to be or not but he wasn’t gonna get paid that. So he chose to leave instead of take a cut.
That was my point.

If he REALLY wanted to stay, he would have negotiated.

It wasn't even that he wanted that amount of money. He wasn't even willing to talk to them. He basically forced his way out of town.
[Reply]
-King- 04:50 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'll argue to this day that Houston is still a really good player and has a place on a winning roster, but he missed out more than we did.
Yeah we would have won with or without him. So if he was offered close to what he got with Indy and refused, that's on him. But yeah I wish he would have taken the pay cut and stayed. Would have saved the chiefs money and picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:52 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah we would have won with or without him. So if he was offered close to what he got with Indy and refused, that's on him. But yeah I wish he would have taken the pay cut and stayed. Would have saved the chiefs money and picks.
The big problem is that Clark essentially cost $7M last year. The rest of his contract is a lot more and then we gave up picks, so yeah there's some long term problems there.

But in the context of last year, Houston wanted his $20M. We saved $13M by getting Frank Clark, which enabled all the other moves they made.

His unwillingness to negotiate was the only real issue. He could have been here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:54 PM 12-07-2020
Nah, he was done here after we excised his butt buddy haglund spirit.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:59 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah, he was done here after we excised his butt buddy haglund spirit.
WTF?

:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:01 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
WTF?

:-)
Pretty sure that's how it went, right? After we cut Berry Houston was all but done here. Good riddance.
[Reply]
Page 252 of 435
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302352 > Last »
Up