ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 435
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
O.city 04:27 PM 12-01-2020
Not everyone is “complaining” when they’re critiquing someone’s play.

It’s great he played well last year when it counted. I hope he does it again.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:34 PM 12-01-2020
Clark really needs another solid to above average DE opposite him, something he really hasn't had since Ogbah went down mid-season last year.

Okafor can be effective when he's not injured but health has been his biggest stumbling block in KC. Danna is a rookie and while impressive, isn't exactly a pass rushing monster just yet.

As much as I'd like for Kpassognon to be a fixture for the Chiefs at end, the guy doesn't seem to have "it".

7 sacks in 3.75 years is extremely disappointing for a 2nd round pick, especially since he was taken before Kamara and JuJu.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:43 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Clark really needs another solid to above average DE opposite him, something he really hasn't had since Ogbah went down mid-season last year.

Okafor can be effective when he's not injured but health has been his biggest stumbling block in KC. Danna is a rookie and while impressive, isn't exactly a pass rushing monster just yet.

As much as I'd like for Kpassognon to be a fixture for the Chiefs at end, the guy doesn't seem to have "it".

7 sacks in 3.75 years is extremely disappointing for a 2nd round pick, especially since he was taken before Kamara and JuJu.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if you have to say this about a guy that plays on the same line as Chris Jones then he's not worth a 100 million dollar deal.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:06 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if you have to say this about a guy that plays on the same line as Chris Jones then he's not worth a 100 million dollar deal.
Agreed.

That said, I really don't care. Without him, the Chiefs wouldn't have won the Super Bowl last year because there's no way Dee Ford would have been healthy and effective during the regular season, let alone, the post-season.

The 2020 offense is clearly better than the 2019 Chiefs offense and when the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, it will be because of the offense and not the defense.

The defense is just along for the ride this season and they're more than adequate in this offensive era.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:09 PM 12-01-2020
Clark was good when we had Suggs. Something to that?

I’m grasping at straws here. Trying to come up with a positive explanation
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:59 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not everyone is “complaining” when they’re critiquing someone’s play.

It’s great he played well last year when it counted. I hope he does it again.
We've been through this.

A critique is a critique. "Andy Reid needs to call better plays on 3rd and 2" is a critique.

"Andy Reid fucking sucks" is a completely different statement and one that DESERVES to be derided. (And yes, somebody actually said it on Sunday)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:20 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Clark was good when we had Suggs. Something to that?

I’m grasping at straws here. Trying to come up with a positive explanation
Small sample size. A lot of guys can have a few good games and make a ton of money. Clark is a good defensive end. He's not a game-changer, but good DE's can have 2-3 game runs of play where they look great and 6-8 game runs where they look terrible.

On the average, Clark appears to be a guy that will give you solid run defense, and about 8-9 sacks per year. Some years he'll do better, others worse. So much of what happens in sports is down to string luck.

The Royals and Cardinals both won WS last decade based largely upon string luck. If Garoppolo's pass is 2% less overthrown, the result of the Super Bowl last year may be entirely different.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:25 PM 12-01-2020
He's not having a good year. It's really that simple.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:38 PM 12-01-2020
Agreed.

That said, I really don't care. Without him, the Chiefs wouldn't have won the Super Bowl last year because there's no way Dee Ford would have been healthy and effective during the regular season, let alone, the post-season.

The 2020 offense is clearly better than the 2019 Chiefs offense and when the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, it will be because of the offense and not the defense.

The defense is just along for the ride this season and they're more than adequate in this offensive era.
I could be wrong of course but I think it's wishful thinking we will repeat as SB Champs if Frank Clark doesn't start playing better. Steelers will eat this D up if we can't get pressure and their D is good enough that this offense won't be able to dominate like they did against say, the Raiders.

I don't think we can have the attitude that the D can just be 'along for the ride.' They are going to have to play well come playoff time. You can't expect to win the SB in a bunch of shootouts.
[Reply]
O.city 06:42 PM 12-01-2020
The chiefs offense is the closer. The defense just needs to not suck.

If we lose games where the offense doesn’t score 30, that loss is on them
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:54 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I could be wrong of course but I think it's wishful thinking we will repeat as SB Champs if Frank Clark doesn't start playing better. Steelers will eat this D up if we can't get pressure and their D is good enough that this offense won't be able to dominate like they did against say, the Raiders.

I don't think we can have the attitude that the D can just be 'along for the ride.' They are going to have to play well come playoff time. You can't expect to win the SB in a bunch of shootouts.
Then you haven’t seen the rest of the NFL teams. Pittsburgh barely escaped Baltimore, beat the Titans by 3, Dallas by 5, Denver by 5 and Houston by 7.

The Chiefs defense Top Ten in points allowed and their offense will roll over Pittsburgh’s defense. And the Chiefs defense is better this season than last year’s defense, regardless of Clark’s lack of sacks to this point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:56 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The chiefs offense is the closer. The defense just needs to not suck.

If we lose games where the offense doesn’t score 30, that loss is on them
Yep and that’s happened exactly one time in the past 21 games or whatever by a team that was literally built to stop the Chiefs.

Against everyone else, the Raiders are barely average at best.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:03 PM 12-01-2020
Then you haven’t seen the rest of the NFL teams. Pittsburgh barely escaped Baltimore, beat the Titans by 3, Dallas by 5, Denver by 5 and Houston by 7.

The Chiefs defense Top Ten in points allowed and their offense will roll over Pittsburgh’s defense. And the Chiefs defense is better this season than last year’s defense, regardless of Clark’s lack of sacks to this point.
True but they won the games. And it goes both ways. We barely beat Panthers, Raiders, Chargers and Bucs.

I hope you are right man but I'm not confident in this team right now w way D has played recently even though they did well against Bucs.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:09 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

Remember this game ??? This was before Mahomes had seasoned eyes and playing against Shazier. Ain't no Shazier now. I get your point but I'm not afraid of their D especially now.:-)

[Reply]
New World Order 07:11 PM 12-01-2020
The D is good enough to win the SB

The team is built to have an elite offense with a defense that can get a few stops.

If we had this D in 2018 we would have won the SB. With ease.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 435
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Up