ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 173
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:44 AM 10-03-2016
I just had an EKG done and the nurse made me rip the leads off myself, all eight of them. I am now less furry than I was when I arrived. OWW!!! :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:44 AM 10-03-2016
They are also doing some sort of test on the blood they drained from me earlier to see if there is any damage to my heart. I am still waiting for my chemo, having been in the treatment room for two and a half hours now. FFS, hurry up, already, people!
[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 AM 10-03-2016
Hang in there, Ed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:57 AM 10-03-2016
I just got word that there is no tissue damage in my heart, but the cause of the pain is still a mystery. The pharmacy got some info jacked up so my chemo bags are delayed even more. I got my pre-meds down over an hour ago. I may as well go to sleep until the stuff arrives.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:24 PM 10-03-2016
Be well my friend.. Still praying..
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:14 PM 10-03-2016
Oh, I have a correction to make. I misheard the doc. I have signs of avascular necrosis, not vascular, in my hip. They scheduled me for an MRI at the main hospital (hate that place) for Saturday Oct. 15 at 7:30 am and want me to check in at 7:00 am. I will be getting up at 5 am that day, dammit all. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:56 PM 10-03-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Be well my friend.. Still praying..
This.

Almost daily at that.

So many people to pray for it seems, and not just here at CP. My old man is getting worse with his Emphysema, and I'm afraid I'm going to get "the call" sooner rather than later.

Fucking sucks.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:23 PM 10-03-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Oh, I have a correction to make. I misheard the doc. I have signs of avascular necrosis, not vascular, in my hip. They scheduled me for an MRI at the main hospital (hate that place) for Saturday Oct. 15 at 7:30 am and want me to check in at 7:00 am. I will be getting up at 5 am that day, dammit all. :-)
Keep it up Ed!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:09 AM 10-04-2016
Blast it all. I finally had to use the raaaalf bucket last night at 1:30 am. I threw up seven times, six and a half of which made it into the bucket. It was seven hours after I ate, and one hour after an anti nausea med. Damn you, chemotherapy!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:00 PM 10-04-2016
Blast it all. I finally had to use the raaaalf bucket last night at 1:30 am. I threw up seven times, six and a half of which made it into the bucket. It was seven hours after I ate, and one hour after an anti nausea med. Damn you, chemotherapy!
Blame it on bulimia..
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:40 PM 10-04-2016
That was the first time this particular chemotherapy has made me throw up. I've been nauseated, sure, but never went beyond. Maybe I had a little something else going on, or perhaps the sauerbraten leftovers was a bad choice for my first meal after chemo. It was pretty strongly flavored from the organic cider vinegar, cloves, black peppercorns, and mustard seed.

I am going for egg drop soup and a few egg rolls tonight. No need to take a big risk again! But, if I am hungry later, I may try some Doritos and French onion dip while watching the TV.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:27 PM 10-06-2016
The pain I had in my chest is all gone, I can lie down on the right side or my stomach now with no problems, and I can breathe pain free again, too. So it was not a death knot or blood clot in there after all.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 03:29 PM 10-06-2016
The pain I had in my chest is all gone, I can lie down on the right side or my stomach now with no problems, and I can breathe pain free again, too. So it was not a death knot or blood clot in there after all.
That's great Ed! Glad you're feeling better man as always keep kicking ass
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 10-06-2016
Glad to hear this, old chum

Get yourself some well deserved rest
[Reply]
Meatloaf 03:54 PM 10-06-2016
Rest easy, Ed!
[Reply]
Page 115 of 173
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Up