ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 172
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:36 AM 08-01-2022
Tried giving that new Resident Evil on Netflix a chance.

Holy phuck did they miss the mark on that. Do they know who their targeted audience is?

I turned it off after 15 minutes.

First 5 minutes is about how the world was destroyed because of climate change, followed by 10 minutes of woke fag teen girl drama. ooooout.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:55 PM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Tried giving that new Resident Evil on Netflix a chance.

Holy phuck did they miss the mark on that. Do they know who their targeted audience is?

I turned it off after 15 minutes.

First 5 minutes is about how the world was destroyed because of climate change, followed by 10 minutes of woke pillowbiter teen girl drama. ooooout.
wow.......I didnt see it that way at all (and I definitely stay away from woke media).

They did mention climate change as one of many reasons they ended up where they are.....but it's not even close to being part of the storyline.

It's a twist on Wesker, and how he was involved with umbrella, and why his daughters survived, etc.

I can see the teen stuff early in, but the show flips between that and present day.

Plenty of game easter eggs too.

but art is subjective, and different strokes and all that.

I'm 5 episodes in now and enjoying it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:00 PM 08-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
wow.......I didnt see it that way at all (and I definitely stay away from woke media).

They did mention climate change as one of many reasons they ended up where they are.....but it's not even close to being part of the storyline.

It's a twist on Wesker, and how he was involved with umbrella, and why his daughters survived, etc.

I can see the teen stuff early in, but the show flips between that and present day.

Plenty of game easter eggs too.

but art is subjective, and different strokes and all that.

I'm 5 episodes in now and enjoying it.
Maybe i'll give it another go. Like i said, i turned it off in about 15minutes because the early direction seemed pretty lame and i wasn't liking it.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:32 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'd like to thank Shag for posting that clip. . . :-)
The best burger I had in LA was Fuddruckers. It was amazing, you could choose 1/4 pound, 1/3 pound, 1/2 pound and 1 pound. They served it with excellent seasoned steak fries, now that might have been worth $100 bucks.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:47 PM 08-02-2022
Watched this episode last night. It might be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:40 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

:-)

The dude is brilliant.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:08 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wasn't really in the mood for this, but Dennis Lehane and positive reviews drew me in . . . It's pretty engrossing so far

Late to the Apple tv game and operating on a 3 month trial and this show is legit. Picking up first season True Detective vibes.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:57 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

What do I gain by doing this?

Nothing!!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:25 PM 08-04-2022
Reservation Dogs is back, and the first two episodes had some good laughs.

Uncle Brownie and Bucky pray-arguing was hilarious.

Spirit William Knifeman is always a hoot.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:51 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Late to the Apple tv game and operating on a 3 month trial and this show is legit. Picking up first season True Detective vibes.
Yes, I've enjoyed it but S1 True Detective is an all-time great. This is not quite that. Paul Walter Hauser is insanely good though.

Pretty sure the finale dropped today.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:24 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yes, I've enjoyed it but S1 True Detective is an all-time great. This is not quite that. Paul Walter Hauser is insanely good though.

Pretty sure the finale dropped today.
Agree that its not there but the vibe is real. Like if you're chasing the feel of TD S1 this gets you by more than TD S2 and 3 imo.
[Reply]
Fish 08:33 PM 08-09-2022
I thought the first season of The Sandman was pretty good. If you're into trippy Neil Gaiman stuff. Gaiman material is so crazy and imaginative that previous efforts haven't turned out as well as I'd hoped. But this one turned out pretty good for the initial season.
[Reply]
kevrunner 08-09-2022, 08:58 PM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner.
Baby Lee 06:49 PM 08-11-2022
It's BAACKKKK!!!

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:23 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Have you seen Call of Booty: Black cocks II?
Can’t wait for season 2 Call of Booty: Mandingo Juice!!
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 AM 08-21-2022
One of my buddies was raving about how much he enjoyed Ted Lasso, so I started watching it last night. What a weird show - it's like somebody threw Major League, Ned Flanders from the Simpsons and soccer in a blender. I shouldn't like it, but I do. Somehow they managed to make a show about the most boring sport on earth entertaining.

A couple of things - I wonder how many people who watch this know that Wichita State doesn't have a football team. And damn, is the average Brit as salty as this show portrays? Jesus, pretty much everybody other than Ted and Coach sounds like a limey version of Tommy from Goodfellas. It's funny, but.... wow. Any little kid who watches this by mistake will immediately start calling everybody twats and wankers. :-)

And the biggest shock - I knew I recognized the female owner, but couldn't place her. Checked her out on IMDb, and she played the septa in Game of Thrones that terrorized Cersei. Who knew that she was actually hot?
[Reply]
Page 122 of 172
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Up