ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 119
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
sedated 03:17 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
MNot to look past E. Washington but if Wilson could somehow play on Monday that would be huge.
I cannot imagine anyone will suit up after sitting for over a week and not a single practice.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:27 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not feeling it. 3 guys testing positive from Covid (Self did confirm today they all three tested positive at one point or another). They may be slow coming back not only from the virus but from lack of practice. Not worried about missing Big Dave against these little shits from E Washington, but not having Jalen Wilson is massive.

I think the E Wash game should only be KU -2 not -10.5 or whatever it is. I think it's unlikely we get out of the weekend to be quite honest with all of this uncertainty.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if another player ended up testing positive being we have just been plowing through this thing and apparently still practicing daily.

I'm just a debbie downer I suppose. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
Eastern Washington shouldn’t be able to score at all vs KU. KU has been a top 5 defense in the country over the past month.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:27 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I cannot imagine anyone will suit up after sitting for over a week and not a single practice.
No chance Self is putting that out there in the world right now if he thinks it’s impossible.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Eastern Washington shouldn’t be able to score at all vs KU. KU has been a top 5 defense in the country over the past month.
They drain 9.3 3PT a game. If there is anything that can neutralize a good defense, its 3pt chucking teams.

We are going to be without 2 of our top 3 players. And if McCormack does play he will likely be no where near 100 pct coming off of Covid and lack of practice.

Fred Van Fleet was pretty open with his bout of Covid https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-full-strength
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:29 PM 03-17-2021
They drain 9.3 3PT a game. If there is anything that can neutralize a good defense, its 3pt chucking teams.

We are going to be without 2 of our top 3 players. And if McCormack does play he will likely be no where near 100 pct coming off of Covid and lack of practice.

Fred Van Fleet was pretty open with his bout of Covid https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-full-strength
They’re 115th in the country in 3PA/FGA. They play at a fast tempo but relatively speaking they don’t shoot a lot of them as part of their offense. This version of KU could certainly lose (I’d probably give it about a 10 percent chance) but I’m really not overly worried.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:35 PM 03-17-2021

Dude. We will work them
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:55 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Been perusing various sites to look at "expert" bracket predictions. Most have us losing to Iowa with a good number having us losing to USC in the 2nd round. If we can get to the 2nd weekend and get Jalen back and if we play like we've been playing the past month, we could make a sneaky deep run including a decent shot at knocking off Gonzaga. I know it was the first game of the season, but all the talking heads will say is "oh, KU isn't on their level. They lost to them by 12." Those of us that "know" know that the Gonzaga game was much closer. At one point pretty deep into the 2nd half it was a 2 point game. Then fouling and freethrow shooting down the stretch ballooned the lead to 12.
It wasn’t just due to free throws. The lead actually got higher.

But there’s no doubt that KU is much better defensively now. Gonzaga wouldn’t hit 100 again. And with Gonzaga, you always have to wonder if they’ve managed to improve while playing scrubs for two months.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:37 AM 03-18-2021
USC is just a better team than we are. We can beat them, but without Wilson I think it's very unlikely. A 25/75 game. They can score and they can defend. They have one of the best big men in college basketball in Mobley who is a defensive beast and some heady guards.

I still haven't figured out how we are going to score buckets against Eastern Washington being our two best offensive players are out (or playing minimal minutes). Braun and Ochai better make it rain from three or that could be an upset. If Braun shows up is going to be the key.
[Reply]
sedated 11:36 AM 03-18-2021
I happened to see on ESPN yesterday that McCormack and Wilson will report to the team today.

I don't see anything that's backing that up.
[Reply]
Pants 11:39 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I happened to see on ESPN yesterday that McCormack and Wilson will report to the team today.

I don't see anything that's backing that up.
Do you mean Dave and Enaruna? No way Wilson is back this quickly, right?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:49 AM 03-18-2021
USC is just a better team than we are.
Not over the past month they're not. There's also no guarantee they'll even be playing USC (which has a greater chance of losing their own 1st round game than KU) so not much point in discussing it right now.

Originally Posted by :
I still haven't figured out how we are going to score buckets against Eastern Washington being our two best offensive players are out (or playing minimal minutes). Braun and Ochai better make it rain from three or that could be an upset. If Braun shows up is going to be the key.
Well if McCormack plays (which Self has suggested he's going to), that solves any problem in that regard. Eastern Washington should probably be more worried about scoring against a top 5 defense in the country than Kansas should be worried about scoring against the 152nd ranked defense, though.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:32 AM 03-20-2021
KU defending its title shortly
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:35 AM 03-20-2021
Did we ever hang a banner or acknowledge our final #1 consensus ranking?
[Reply]
Pablo 11:00 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Did we ever hang a banner or acknowledge our final #1 consensus ranking?
Bwillie had a hat made so it's definitely official.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:02 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Bwillie had a hat made so it's definitely official.
Run it back
[Reply]
Page 69 of 119
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up