ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mass shooting on Las Vegas Strip
Buck 01:00 AM 10-02-2017
Automatic Gunfire from Mandalay Bay onto an outdoor concert. A lot of injured/dead.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:45 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, this is weird. The logistics involved - hauling all those rifles and all that ammo around, in a way that obviously arose no suspicion. Just hauling a few hundred rounds and a couple of rifles to the range is a pain in the ass. I also find it hard to believe that this guy previously demonstrated no interest in guns, yet was able to pull this off.

Don't buy the "snapped" angle, either. You don't snap and then spend days and thousands of dollars on equipment planning this shit.

This is bent. How bent is something I guess we'll find out later.
As someone previously posted, a golf travel bag full of guns instead of golf clubs would arouse no suspicion at all in Vegas.
[Reply]
Fish 10:46 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I'm not shocked he could do this. Any one of us could do this if we had the interest and could source the firepower. Shooting down into a huge crowd from an elevated posiition is not skillful. It is the proverbial fish in a barrel. People didn't run because they expoected the fire was ground base and were not sure which direction to run. Even during the reloading pauses you hear people in the videos hesitant to move, some still in disbelief it was real.

Now, if these were full auto, then that is a real question how a novice got them, as while they are legal with permits, it's not a simple process. If it was bumpfire, that easy to modify by reading the instructions or watching youtube.
Not in the slightest. When you're shooting into an ocean of people who have no clue where the gunfire is coming from, it would be pretty hard to miss.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:46 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, this is weird. The logistics involved - hauling all those rifles and all that ammo around, in a way that obviously arose no suspicion. Just hauling a few hundred rounds and a couple of rifles to the range is a pain in the ass. I also find it hard to believe that this guy previously demonstrated no interest in guns, yet was able to pull this off.

Don't buy the "snapped" angle, either. You don't snap and then spend days and thousands of dollars on equipment planning this shit.

This is bent. How bent is something I guess we'll find out later.
Yep. Agreed. Nobody just wakes up one morning and decides to do this. This was methodical. I read he has been checked into that room since Thursday
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 10:46 AM 10-02-2017
Its hard to get a fully automatic rifle but you have to jump thru alot of hoops and the biggest kicker is you can only buy pre full auto rifles so there is alimiited amount and they all cost +$15,000. He might of been using a bump stock. My guess is he bought a fully auotmatic AK from a gang banger or cartel member. Audio sounds like 7.62
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:48 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Historical evidence gives us the information we need. In other words this is the worse shooting EVER.

Its not like he is the first guy to try this.

I know it just seems so easy to think a guy could just shoot into a crowd and kill that many people, personally, I don't think its that easy. Its not like everyone stood still for 30 minutes while he was shooting.

Just my $.02.
they didn't need to. If it was full auto belt-fed as some speculate (hard to believe he could lay hands on one as a novice, but we'll see). the fire rate is upwards of 500 rounds a minute. Hell, even a bumpfire AR15 can do the same in the right hands, so even half that is easily achievable by a novice. You can see in the video, people are still laying there for over 2 minutes while he fires
[Reply]
manchambo 10:49 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
As someone previously posted, a golf travel bag full of guns instead of golf clubs would arouse no suspicion at all in Vegas.
And if you self parked, you could have any number of suitcases or golf bags full of guns and bring them in over time. A 64 year old guy wheeling a couple of big suitcases isnt suspicious in a hotel.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:49 AM 10-02-2017
I really have zero idea why bumpfire is legal.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 10:51 AM 10-02-2017
because it isnt fully auto. the trigger is being pulled each time the gun fires
[Reply]
bdj23 10:52 AM 10-02-2017
I really have zero idea why bumpfire is legal.
What are ya gonna do, ban belt loops on jeans? I know people manufacturer bump fire stocks, but they can be difficult to use and lots of people don't like them because it just wastes ammo.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:53 AM 10-02-2017
they didn't need to. If it was full auto belt-fed as some speculate (hard to believe he could lay hands on one as a novice, but we'll see). the fire rate is upwards of 500 rounds a minute. Hell, even a bumpfire AR15 can do the same in the right hands, so even half that is easily achievable by a novice. You can see in the video, people are still laying there for over 2 minutes while he fires
I know a decent amount about guns and yes there are things like bump fire that makes them basically fully auto.

Which also makes accuracy much lower.

What I am curious to know is how many rounds this guy fired. Without a belt fed type set up there is going to be a lot of reloading involved (not that that takes very long). It sounds like he had a shit ton of guns though so he may have just had a few mags for each.

The amount of cold blooded planning and methodical tactics he used makes this even more disturbing to me.
[Reply]
eDave 10:57 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I didn't mean it like this.

I kinda just feel like it might not be appropriate to be out there, that weekend having a good time.

Might be in bad taste? I don't know.
Naw. I'm still planning to tear up Vegas over Halloween weekend.
[Reply]
-King- 10:58 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Historical evidence gives us the information we need. In other words this is the worse shooting EVER.

Its not like he is the first guy to try this.

I know it just seems so easy to think a guy could just shoot into a crowd and kill that many people, personally, I don't think its that easy. Its not like everyone stood still for 30 minutes while he was shooting.

Just my $.02.
He was 32 floors up shooting at a crowd of thousands of people. You don't need skill to hit a bunch if you have a lot of ammo.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:59 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Naw. I'm still planning to tear up Vegas over Halloween weekend.
SECURITY!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:02 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to sneak a bunch of guns into a Las Vegas hotel.
Well then maybe - just maybe - the checkpoint for automatic guns should be a little earlier... like in the manufacturing stage.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:02 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
True, but thousands of rounds of rifle ammo is a lot heavier than a bunch of golf balls. He must have made several trips back and forth to his vehicle, I guess over a long enough time period that nobody noticed.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up