ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
New World Order 03:29 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And that’s the thing. People have always criticized Veach for overpaying. He’s not doing that this year (unless you think Thuney was an overpay) and people are freaking the **** out.

He seems to have a line that he’s willing to go up to and not cross. I’m glad he’s doing that.
I mean, we're on the verge of a dynasty and we haven't improved this offseason (so far).

I think there's some understanding there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:32 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I mean, we're on the verge of a dynasty and we haven't improved this offseason (so far).

I think there's some understanding there.
Zero improvement?

This is why the whining is bullshit.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:52 PM 03-24-2021
Zero improvement?

But we’re making all of it up. Nobody is being that negative.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:17 PM 03-24-2021
Zero improvement?

You actually think this team has improved over last year?

Right now this team is worse than last year. We lost our 2 best olinemen at the 2 most important line positions.

We gave 70 million to a left guard and now people are saying we don't have money to get free agents.

Thuney/Long are not worth as much as Fisher/Schwartz. Apparently we are starting Niang and Remmers at tackle.

Before you start talking about injuries, that doesn't matter. We are talking about facts, not blame. It's not the Chiefs' fault that Fisher and Schwartz got hurt, but it happened.

The total addition/subtraction since last year so far for us isn't good.

Maybe we sign tons of talent later, but right now we are worse.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:34 PM 03-24-2021
And that’s the thing. People have always criticized Veach for overpaying. He’s not doing that this year (unless you think Thuney was an overpay) and people are freaking the fuck out.

He seems to have a line that he’s willing to go up to and not cross. I’m glad he’s doing that.
If the cap is going to be higher next year and more stars will be willing to commit to long term deals, it probably makes sense to just roll the cap space so we can be bigger players in a more meaningful free agency year.

I’d rather wait a year and sign Allen Robinson to a multi-year deal than to pay big money to TY Hilton or Juju for 1 year.
[Reply]
O.city 03:57 PM 03-24-2021
Free agency is for MAYBE grabbing a blue chip guy for a fuck load of money and filling some gaps

Gap fillers are what the chiefs need. They have plenty of star power. Now, you can never have enough stars but for fucks sake.

Get a LT in the draft. He doesn’t have to be a world beater, just be capable to start and we’ll be fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:58 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Free agency is for MAYBE grabbing a blue chip guy for a fuck load of money and filling some gaps

Gap fillers are what the chiefs need. They have plenty of star power. Now, you can never have enough stars but for fucks sake.

Get a LT in the draft. He doesn’t have to be a world beater, just be capable to start and we’ll be fine.
So would you take Liam Eichenberg at 31?

That pretty much describes him.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:56 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

PFF has this guy as their 11th ranked OT, 54 overall. They describe him as "clean of an OT as it gets." So 31 seems high. I'd take a chance on Walker Little before him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:04 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
PFF
Stopped reading right there.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:10 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
PFF has this guy as their 11th ranked OT, 54 overall. They describe him as "clean of an OT as it gets." So 31 seems high. I'd take a chance on Walker Little before him.
PFF is awful, but they’re especially useless when it comes to the draft.
[Reply]
oldman 05:23 PM 03-24-2021

I think you have to look at that. There's also a T from Texas that looks pretty good.
[Reply]
O.city 06:09 PM 03-24-2021

I wouldn’t, I’d trade up for darrisaw or cosmi
[Reply]
KCJake 06:10 PM 03-24-2021
Are there any good o lineman still left out there ?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:27 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Are there any good o lineman still left out there ?
Yeah, Villanueva, Okung, and Jason Peters to name a few. Reiter has an offer on the table from KC. He could be back. Then of course there is a chance Schwartz and/or Fisher could be back as well. So there's still a lot to play out on the OL front. I'd say Villanueva is the biggest fish left.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:12 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn’t, I’d trade up for darrisaw or cosmi
Ok let’s say hypothetically that isn’t an option.

Then would you?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up