ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3886 of 4898
« First < 2886338637863836387638823883388438853886 388738883889389038963936398643864886 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:48 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Let me guess, he was always the plan amiright?
Not at all. In fact, he was probably the one who was least likely to get the job going into it. Penner just knows what a good leader looks like.

"I've worked with a lot of great CEOs, and it starts with really strong leadership," Penner said. "I think that's going to be the most critical factor here in a head coach. Obviously the X's and O's are important, but we need a strong leader for this organization that's focused on winning. That starts with culture, it's instilling a sense of accountability, discipline, and we need an identity on offense. At the starting point, it's got to be about culture and leadership, and those characteristics are what we've focused on the most."
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
They plan is to hire the right coach, not a specific coach. It may be Payton, it may be Harbaugh, it may be Ryans, it may be someone else.
Well, no. It won't be. Because Harbaugh and Payton told Denver to get fucked.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Not at all. In fact, he was probably the one who was least likely to get the job going into it. Penner just knows what a good leader looks like.

"I've worked with a lot of great CEOs, and it starts with really strong leadership," Penner said. "I think that's going to be the most critical factor here in a head coach. Obviously the X's and O's are important, but we need a strong leader for this organization that's focused on winning. That starts with culture, it's instilling a sense of accountability, discipline, and we need an identity on offense. At the starting point, it's got to be about culture and leadership, and those characteristics are what we've focused on the most."
That's right. Get to stroking....

It was just a week ago or so you were telling us they wouldn't hire a first time HC. And here you are....
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 12:53 PM 01-26-2023
How will we all know it’s was the “right guy” or “perfect fit”? It will be the one who they eventually hire. -QJ#cantmissallthetime#PatonPlan202X

Funny sorry BTW - I rented a car last week in Albuquerque and I swear Knowshon Moreno checked my ID and Credit Card info at the exit.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:56 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well, no. It won't be. Because Harbaugh and Payton told Denver to get ****ed.
Harbaugh hasn't signed a new contract with Mich. Payton wants to much but when the dust settles and the price comes down he could certainly be in the mix. Who knows.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:58 PM 01-26-2023
The only certainty that will come out of this coaching search is Denver will yet again be a bottom feeder regardless of the scapegoat wearing the headset
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:11 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The only certainty that will come out of this coaching search is Denver will yet again be a bottom feeder regardless of the scapegoat wearing the headset
^He's right you know
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:36 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the Donkos hired Hackett solely to lure ARod there and they struck out?

The Jets now hire Hackett to be their OC and good chance ARod actually ends up in the AFC now.

Way to go General Pay-A-Ton. You really ****ed that up, didn't you? And now you're stuck with a declining DangeRuss for at least 3 more years and his shitty contract.

Well played. :-) :-) :-)
Excellence in Dumbshittery!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:40 PM 01-26-2023
Joe Banner on DeMeco Ryans:

Originally Posted by :
DeMeco Ryans, DC, San Francisco

He once played for the Eagles (2012-15), so I got to know him there. And what I know is this: I would be excited at the chance of sitting down to interview him. A smart and good person, he’s a leader with a dynamic presence that’s off the charts.

The 49ers have the league’s top-rated defense. Granted, their talent level is good, but Ryans is making them better. If he were a head coach and didn’t do well, I’d be shocked. The only question I’d have about him is if he would hire the right coordinators. Everything else is the very best you could have in a candidate.

Ryans is one of those guys who doesn’t do what he learned from the first person who taught him. Instead, he’s evolved into a coach whose philosophy and schemes are combinations of different things he’s learned along the way – and that’s something you don’t see often enough. In essence, he’s adaptable. Most coaches do what they originally learned and stick with it. But there’s a small number who evolve, with more complex schemes than they first learned, and DeMeco is one of them.

One other thing: He was coached by Reid and worked under Kyle Shanahan. So he’s been to places that have prepared him to be a head coach. Of all the people on this list, Ryans is the one I’m most confident would succeed.

About DeMeco Ryans

Years as DC: 2
Record as DC: 23-11
49ers’ average defense rank (yards) under Ryans: 2nd
2022 Defense DVOA ranking: 1st

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category...dinator-ranks/

:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:46 PM 01-26-2023

Go watch what the Chiefs offense did to DeMeco Ryans’ defense this year.

You went from wishing Aaron Rodgers/Sean Payton to settling for Fat Russell and DeMeco Ryans? Sucks to be Denver. :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:46 PM 01-26-2023

:-) you are a special kind of stupid. Never change :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:47 PM 01-26-2023

The Panthers are no longer an option for Sean Payton. And there was an issue with Payton's interview with the Broncos. Payton likes the idea of coaching Russell Wilson and having that defense but fears a potential power struggle with a member of the ownership group, source says.

— MarkMaske (@MarkMaske) January 26, 2023

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:52 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
When you are a hot candidate and no one wants to hire you...I'd look within.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:54 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So the Broncos have meddling ownership? :-)

Condoleezza Rice over there telling your HC's how to coach football. BWAHAHAHAHA
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:55 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
When you are a hot candidate and no one wants to hire you...I'd look within.
Ah yes, blame Payton.

You guys were clamoring for Payton before Hackett was even fired.

And now that he basically told Denver to kick rocks, here comes the hit pieces to say it was all HIS fault. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[Reply]
Page 3886 of 4898
« First < 2886338637863836387638823883388438853886 388738883889389038963936398643864886 > Last »
Up