ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2351 of 2694
« First < 1351185122512301234123472348234923502351 2352235323542355236124012451 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
tredadda 11:36 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
All I see is how he has less turnovers and a better record, well the Eagles schedule is trash for one and for 2...

All Hurts has to do is drop back behind his very good OL mind you..look at his 1st read on the play normally AJ Brown who seems to create ridiculous separation or will catch it even when he's covered....or his 2nd guy who's a top 10 draft pick...

On top of that Hurts has a ton of plays where he literally looks at a receiver for about .2 seconds and just takes off. His play style would not work if he did not have elite weapons all over the field you have to respect.
I wholeheartedly agree and I think that should be taken into consideration. Something else that will be taken into consideration is how they both performed against their top competition.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:48 AM 12-12-2022
Eagles could probably replace Hurts with Gardner Minshew and they still would be 12-1 or close to it with their overall talent level, especially on offense and the fact that Hurts is a glorified game manager.

Take Mahomes out of the Chiefs line-up and they are not even a .500 team.

Mahomes is the runaway MVP.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:55 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Eagles could probably replace Hurts with Gardner Minshew and they still would be 12-1 or close to it with their overall talent level, especially on offense and the fact that Hurts is a glorified game manager.

All true statements, but when was the last time that fact played a role in awarding the MVP? I still think Mahomes wins it unless he has some sort of collapse, but the fact that Hurts is gaining in momentum just shows how little that fact matters.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:03 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
All true statements, but when was the last time that fact played a role in awarding the MVP? I still think Mahomes wins it unless he has some sort of collapse, but the fact that Hurts is gaining in momentum just shows how little that fact matters.
Mahomes has entered this area...Jordan, Lebron, Mike Trout etc

Being so good it’s boring. People are trying to find new QBs that are “better” than him so hard. It's always someone else who is the next "him" but the person they compare to never changes.

Mahomes is competing against past versions of himself as opposed to the other QBs around him in the eyes of many sports writers, which is why his achievements seem to get undervalued in MVP talks.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:07 PM 12-12-2022

Being so good it’s boring. People are trying to find new QBs that are “better” than him so hard. It's always someone else who is the next "him" but the person they compare to never changes.

Mahomes is competing against past versions of himself as opposed to the other QBs around him in the eyes of many sports writers, which is why his achievements seem to get undervalued in MVP talks.
What's crazy is even if compared with past versions of himself he STILL deserves MVP. He's better than ever and no Tyreek. It's just wild. Still I think he either needs to go nuclear or Hurts needs a rough game for Patrick to win the MVP. It's bullshit but what are ya gonna do?
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:40 PM 12-12-2022

Yep but it is what it is. I can't remember though when the last time a MVP won a SB, it has been awhile so I would rather him not :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:58 PM 12-12-2022
Reid poking fun at Pat's INT's lol

No win comes easy in this league. We keep rolling �� pic.twitter.com/pKCkzbTk1a

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) December 12, 2022

[Reply]
tredadda 01:42 PM 12-12-2022

Agreed. It’s sad that when he does well it’s because of his weapons until he loses a Hill. There are many that expect him to top 5,000/50 with lesser talent or he isn’t as good. It’s a shame really, but that’s how some voters will think.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:44 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Reid poking fun at Pat's INT's lol

If you look at Mahomes at the very end you can tell he wasn’t too happy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:44 PM 12-12-2022

Can you imagine Pat with AJ Brown and Devonte Smith?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:51 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If you look at Mahomes at the very end you can tell he wasn’t too happy.
He shouldn't be. He pulls that shit in the playoffs, and he'll be watching another Super Bowl from his couch.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:57 PM 12-12-2022
If Pat averages 330 passing yards per game for rest of season, he will break single season passing yards record
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:26 PM 12-12-2022
I think Hurts is playing extremely well so I'm not throwing shade, but I read a post somewhere recently that really made sense..

It said something to the effect of: when it comes to the case of Hurts vs. Mahomes, everyone would take the Eagles supporting cast over Hurts, but you'd take Mahomes over the Chiefs supporting cast all day.

That's the major difference in my mind.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:22 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think Hurts is playing extremely well so I'm not throwing shade, but I read a post somewhere recently that really made sense..

It said something to the effect of: when it comes to the case of Hurts vs. Mahomes, everyone would take the Eagles supporting cast over Hurts, but you'd take Mahomes over the Chiefs supporting cast all day.

That's the major difference in my mind.
Very true!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:30 PM 12-12-2022

That's now how the MVP works unfortunately. It's a team award given to an individual, which is always the QB. Hurts is the QB playing for the best offense right now. They're efficient and score lots of points. He either throws or catches lots of TDs.

Strength of schedule and O-Line isn't something voters will care about as much as you think.
[Reply]
Page 2351 of 2694
« First < 1351185122512301234123472348234923502351 2352235323542355236124012451 > Last »
Up