ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 172
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
notorious 02:56 PM 08-03-2022
Exit sign was burning bright behind Saul as he watched the dough mixer.

Foreshadowing sledge hammer.
[Reply]
notorious 02:57 PM 08-03-2022
With his reaction in the phone booth, I wouldn't be surprised if Kim offed herself when she heard about Saul on the news.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:14 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
With his reaction in the phone booth, I wouldn't be surprised if Kim offed herself when she heard about Saul on the news.
No way.
[Reply]
notorious 03:15 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
No way.
The show has taken a very depressing turn the last few episodes.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:18 PM 08-03-2022
I thought kim killed herself as well
[Reply]
Jamie 03:40 PM 08-03-2022
My guess is she was on the phone call and said something like "Chuck was right".
[Reply]
BWillie 11:25 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
He found out she was married imo.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:50 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

via GIPHY

I was flipping through and it was on this scene. I don’t even watch the show either.
[Reply]
notorious 06:31 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:17 AM 08-04-2022
"A guy with a mustache like that can't be making good life choices" - Saul to Mike referring to WW

Gene has a mustache like that...
[Reply]
RunKC 11:49 AM 08-04-2022
Viewers: maybe Saul can learn from his old ways and become a better person after setting his life on fire and losing everything.

Vince Gilliagan: lol
[Reply]
sedated 12:21 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Viewers: maybe Saul can learn from his old ways and become a better person after setting his life on fire and losing everything.

Vince Gilliagan: lol
Exactly what Chuck was saying all of season 1
[Reply]
notorious 01:04 PM 08-04-2022
Mike knew it all along, probably told Gus exactly what he told Saul, and in the end those bad decisions bring everything down.
[Reply]
notorious 01:05 PM 08-04-2022
It still pisses me off that Walt killed Mike.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:36 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
To huelle
[Reply]
Page 161 of 172
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171 > Last »
Up