Page 25 of 103
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:46 PM 07-14-2022
Nah Shildt should have followed MO out the door but shouldn't have been the scapegoat
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:53 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Nah Shildt should have followed MO out the door but shouldn't have been the scapegoat
Based on what? Taking a mediocre team to the post season every year?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Based on what? Taking a mediocre team to the post season every year?
I quit trying to have the conversation with him.

Shildt sucked and that's all their is to it. No amount of large numbers or relative rankings will convince him otherwise.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:36 PM 07-15-2022
This doesn’t sound good. Arenado sounds like he wants to hang with the home town cool team.

From MLB.com
ST. LOUIS -- After the Dodgers put a major scare into the Cardinals on Tuesday, battled from behind for their 26th comeback victory on Wednesday and then closed the door on the series at Busch Stadium on Thursday, it all looked infinitely familiar to All-Star third baseman Nolan Arenado.

It reminded him of last September, when the Cardinals coupled good pitching with good hitting, oozed confidence throughout their lineup and played with a fearlessness while winning 17 games straight.

“That [Dodgers] offense is probably the best offense in the game, right?” asked Arenado following Los Angeles’ 4-0 victory over the Cardinals on Thursday. “So they probably feel like they are never out of any game. We felt like that last year when we were going through our streak -- we were never out of any game. Right now, we’re just kind of grinding.”
[Reply]
bdj23 08:21 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This doesn’t sound good. Arenado sounds like he wants to hang with the home town cool team.

From MLB.com
ST. LOUIS -- After the Dodgers put a major scare into the Cardinals on Tuesday, battled from behind for their 26th comeback victory on Wednesday and then closed the door on the series at Busch Stadium on Thursday, it all looked infinitely familiar to All-Star third baseman Nolan Arenado.

It reminded him of last September, when the Cardinals coupled good pitching with good hitting, oozed confidence throughout their lineup and played with a fearlessness while winning 17 games straight.

“That [Dodgers] offense is probably the best offense in the game, right?” asked Arenado following Los Angeles’ 4-0 victory over the Cardinals on Thursday. “So they probably feel like they are never out of any game. We felt like that last year when we were going through our streak -- we were never out of any game. Right now, we’re just kind of grinding.”
Unless there is more to the article I'm not getting that at all, he just stated the obvious.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:15 AM 07-16-2022
From Heyman on MLB.com

Juan Soto declined $440M, 15-year offer from Nats and will be available now. A few reasons he declined: 1. Heavy backloading of deal is tantamount to big deferral 2. $29M AAV is seen as old figure in light of Scherzer, other deals 3. Team is likely to be sold so owner unknown.

Why can’t we give him 1/2 billion? What would it take? Walker/O’Neil/Bader and Carlson get us in serious talks?
[Reply]
bdj23 11:26 AM 07-16-2022
Mo ain't giving anyone 500mil

Even though Busch is now a defacto amusement park.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:57 AM 07-16-2022
I wish the Pirates could give someone $100 million.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:00 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The organization has been rotting from the head down for years.

They've become extremely difficult to root for at this point.
As a Pirates fan, I wish I had your problems.Baseball first world problems.

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:50 PM 07-16-2022
Can some of you baseball geeks know where to get an answer?

Is Carp doing this because the go into the first two rows of the short porch in RF?

Volume up to hear Matt Carpenter absolutely CRUSH this home run 🔊

His 12th HR in 30 games.

🎥 @MLB pic.twitter.com/vAwacyrX7c

— The Athletic MLB (@TheAthleticMLB) July 16, 2022

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:45 PM 07-16-2022
I knew he was going to tear it up for the Yankees.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 07-17-2022
Can some of you baseball geeks know where to get an answer?

Is Carp doing this because the go into the first two rows of the short porch in RF?

"Crush" that ball? It went about 3-5 rows into the stands. Thats probably not even out at Bush?
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:03 AM 07-17-2022

From MLB.com

Was there a part of his quote that wasn't in this post? Nothing he says here leads me to the conclusion that he wants to do anything with the Dodgers. They do have an excellent offense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:18 AM 07-17-2022
From Heyman on MLB.com

Juan Soto declined $440M, 15-year offer from Nats and will be available now. A few reasons he declined: 1. Heavy backloading of deal is tantamount to big deferral 2. $29M AAV is seen as old figure in light of Scherzer, other deals 3. Team is likely to be sold so owner unknown.

Why can’t we give him 1/2 billion? What would it take? Walker/O’Neil/Bader and Carlson get us in serious talks?
Was exchanging texts with a friend about this today.

I'd think they obviously want Jordan Walker. He's the centerpiece. I'd think Carlson or O'Neill is another must-include piece in that deal. And Masyn Winn probably needs to head to Washington in the deal, too.

That deal doesn't completely strip the Cardinals OF and gives Washington a lot of young potentail to build around.

The question is if DeWitt would greenlight 15 years and 500M. Seems unlikely.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:51 AM 07-17-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Was exchanging texts with a friend about this today.

I'd think they obviously want Jordan Walker. He's the centerpiece. I'd think Carlson or O'Neill is another must-include piece in that deal. And Masyn Winn probably needs to head to Washington in the deal, too.

That deal doesn't completely strip the Cardinals OF and gives Washington a lot of young potentail to build around.

The question is if DeWitt would greenlight 15 years and 500M. Seems unlikely.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Mo played kiss ass with the media to make it seem like we’re interested and then boo hoo when someone else gets the deal done.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 103
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Up