It's hard being H-double O-T-I-E

But somehow someway
I'm going get my ass banned like every single day
I spit on my phone
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:10 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Hootie:
I get a new IP address every day at work. Pretty sure I can make another account if I get banned for making a thread telling people to post in it so I could tell them how much they meant to ChiefsPlanet.
actually I'm sitting at work quite calm

again, I'm never here to cause problems...I genuinely like this place and 90% of the users. Great place.

but now with the luxury of being able to get a different IP whenever I want...I'll call out someone for being a dipshit when they are being a dipshit.

In this case, Gonzo was a ****ing dipshit.
You probably shouldn't get so cocky nor feel quite so safe, since you apparently don't understand how Internet firewalls and Network Address Translation work. If you're getting a different IP address every day, that address is a private address that is used only by your company's internal network. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that your IP address is either 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x.

The IP address that Chiefsplanet sees is the public IP address of your Internet firewall, and that address doesn't change. It would be simple for a Chiefsplanet mod to ban that IP address. If you work for a company with thousands of employees you probably don't have to worry, because no mod at Chiefsplanet is going to ban an entire company because one guy is misbehaving. But if you work for a smaller company, you are fooling yourself if you think you are safe from an IP ban.

If Chiefsplanet really wants to ban you, they can ban you.
[Reply]
Consistent1 08:12 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
You probably shouldn't get so cocky nor feel quite so safe, since you apparently don't understand how Internet firewalls and Network Address Translation work. If you're getting a different IP address every day, that address is a private address that is used only by your company's internal network. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that your IP address is either 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x.

The IP address that Chiefsplanet sees is the public IP address of your Internet firewall, and that address doesn't change. It would be simple for a Chiefsplanet mod to ban that IP address. If you work for a company with thousands of employees you probably don't have to worry, because no mod at Chiefsplanet is going to ban an entire company because one guy is misbehaving. But if you work for a smaller company, you are fooling yourself if you think you are safe from an IP ban.

He did nothing this time, seriously come on.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:14 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Consistent1:
He did nothing this time, seriously come on.
What do you mean, "seriously come on"?

I didn't say anything about whether or not he should be banned. I was just trying to educate him a little about TCP/IP addressing schemes and whether or not he is as "safe" as he thinks he is.
[Reply]
Hootie 08:12 PM 05-19-2013

I figured this might be the case...but there are literally 4 free wifi networks with strong signal I can connect to. Right now I'm not even using my hotels wifi.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:14 PM 05-19-2013
I figured this might be the case...but there are literally 4 free wifi networks with strong signal I can connect to. Right now I'm not even using my hotels wifi.

[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:16 PM 05-19-2013
The same thing applies. If a mod is determined to put an IP ban on you (and he knows his shit), he can put an IP ban on you. He might have to ban multiple IP addresses, and he might have to ban multiple proxy servers, but a determined moderator could ban you and make it stick.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:17 PM 05-19-2013
By the way, I don't think the thread should have been closed either.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:13 PM 05-19-2013

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:59 PM 05-19-2013
Hootie, play some vidya games or something?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:00 PM 05-19-2013
hootie and the blowhard
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:00 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Oh he's harmless. Just ask any chick
Posted via Mobile Device
Shots fired
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:04 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
Shots fired
What are things your boyfriend might say as he grabs your ears, Alex?
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:05 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
What are things your boyfriend might say as he grabs your ears, Alex?
You fucker, I did it again
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:03 PM 05-19-2013
Hootie cries more than any bitch I've ever seen.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up