ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark = Neil Smith? [Clark signs with Broncos]
Third Eye 01:01 PM 06-08-2023

Breaking: Free agent pass rusher Frank Clark is signing with the #Broncos, sources tell @theScore.

The 3x Pro Bowler and 2x Super Bowl champ with the #Chiefs finds a new home in Denver.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) June 8, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
What about the other championship game?
What about it? It's not like Burrow was sacked a record number of times before the Bengals through a clean sheet at Clark or anything.

Because were that the case, SURELY nobody would be trying to make this asinine argument.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:53 AM 06-09-2023

I think the Chiefs had moved on at this point overall barring an insane bargain.

KC still needs another competent body at DE, though. https://t.co/Wq5n3y1DUq

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) June 8, 2023

Where is this coming from, what teams carry 6 competent DE's?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:55 AM 06-09-2023
'He just had one good game...'

Take out Houston's 'one good game' in his 6 playoff starts and you get 2 sacks in his remaining 5. So Clark started 12 playoff games - I get to remove his two best games, right? To give him 5.5 sacks in 10 remaining starts.

Houston is overrated because of the Colts game might be the single dumbest fucking take I've ever seen on this board.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:56 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What about it? It's not like Burrow was sacked a record number of times before the Bengals through a clean sheet at Clark or anything.

Because were that the case, SURELY nobody would be trying to make this asinine argument.
I spent some time with Karlaftis last weekend (I have a ton of West Lafayette connections with him and invited him and his girlfriend to join my group at Big Slick). I actually asked him about his sack in the AFCCG that came off a spin move, and I jokingly said, “I guess Frank taught you that?” And he told me that yeah, actually, he did. He had never really used the spin move before coming to KC.

So in my book, Clark gets credit for that sack as well.

(True story.)
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:05 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

But Frank has enough of the flashy stats, most importantly sacks, in the playoffs to at least get into the conversation.
He shouldn't even be in the conversation.

This is the same sophistry that Patriots fans are using to say Julian Edelman deserves to be "in the conversation" for getting inducted into Canton.

It can't be just about playoff production. If it is, then we need to also throw Damien Williams and Honey Badger into the conversation. And yes, DJ is right, Dan Sorensen also gets to be in the conversation.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:06 PM 06-09-2023
I'm waiting for some guy to waltz in here and talk about Clark "setting the edge"

That's all this thing needs.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:09 PM 06-09-2023
I think Clark is going to do an amazing job setting the edge for Denver.. thoughts?
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:13 PM 06-09-2023
The edge of wuss cliff maybe
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:14 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He shouldn't even be in the conversation.

This is the same sophistry that Patriots fans are using to say Julian Edelman deserves to be "in the conversation" for getting inducted into Canton.

It can't be just about playoff production. If it is, then we need to also throw Damien Williams and Honey Badger into the conversation. And yes, DJ is right, Dan Sorensen also gets to be in the conversation.

The problem with those guys, and I think HB should get a little nod, is that they didn't do it over the same length of time, and none really have the flashy stats to raise an eyebrow like Franks's sacks. 10.5 sacks over 12 games is a stat even the casual fan can understand.

I've said that HB deserves more respect than he got while he was here for all the intangible/non-measurable things he did as a Chief, but most of the time CP wouldn't acknowledge any of it. Doubtful that improves with time, as fans tend to reach for stats more as time goes by, not less.

Also, Sorenson, HB, nor Damien played in SB LVII, while Frank did. There's a certain closure there.

And their stats alone aren't very impressive. Meaning Dan, HB, And Damien
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:16 PM 06-09-2023
I remember once when he fell down, giving Sneed an even clearer path to the QB on a blitz

Lot of hidden sacks for Clark out there
[Reply]
Urc Burry 12:21 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Where is this coming from, what teams carry 6 competent DE's?
Love Seth. But that’s dumb. It’s already going to be hard for FAU to get snaps with a bunch going to Danna, Omenihu, and CJ. If a deal is out there.. I guess. But far from a need

I think she is annoying as shit. But he was on Josina’s pod. So I listened. Nothing crazy. He said he’s known for months he wouldn’t be back. Was disappointed, but it sounded like it’s all love
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:29 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The problem with those guys, and I think HB should get a little nod, is that they didn't do it over the same length of time, and none really have the flashy stats to raise an eyebrow like Franks's sacks. 10.5 sacks over 12 games is a stat even the casual fan can understand.

I've said that HB deserves more respect than he got while he was here for all the intangible/non-measurable things he did as a Chief, but most of the time CP wouldn't acknowledge any of it. Doubtful that improves with time, as fans tend to reach for stats more as time goes by, not less.

Also, Sorenson, HB, nor Damien played in SB LVII, while Frank did. There's a certain closure there.

And his stats alone aren't very impressive.
We keep coming back to the 10.5 playoff sacks. 2 away from the NFL career record. Yes, I know, that's impressive. What else does he got?

That simply can't be the only thing he needs. He did 4 years in KC. How many Chiefs Hall of Fame guys put in four years or less with the team other than the guys like Mack Lee Hill who got in because of their untimely deaths?

https://www.chiefs.com/hallofhonor/

Take any of those SBIV guys. They played longer than 4 years with the team. Yeah, some of them aren't exactly as noteworthy as the others. That's what happens when you go through playoff droughts of 15+ years. But that doesn't mean you take somebody like Clark who has neither longevity nor breakout seasons that impress upon what he was to the league. All he's got is "He showed up when it mattered."

Sorry. We can do better than that. He's 17th in Chiefs all-time sacks. Jared Allen played the same number of seasons in KC and has 20 more sacks in his time with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
wazu 12:36 PM 06-09-2023
Sounds like no hard feelings from Chiefs legend Frank Clark.

Frank Clark says he knew he wouldn’t be back to #Chiefs ‘a few months ago’ https://t.co/p58ZEYcRxX

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) June 9, 2023

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:41 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Sounds like no hard feelings from Chiefs legend Frank Clark.

This one's for you, Frank.

Pour One Out GIFfrom Pour One Out GIFs

[Reply]
tredadda 01:00 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Elite. Coverage. Edge.

Shart Island, bitches.
:-) When you don’t like someone, it is truly a sight to behold.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up