ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark = Neil Smith? [Clark signs with Broncos]
Third Eye 01:01 PM 06-08-2023

Breaking: Free agent pass rusher Frank Clark is signing with the #Broncos, sources tell @theScore.

The 3x Pro Bowler and 2x Super Bowl champ with the #Chiefs finds a new home in Denver.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) June 8, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah we needed Houston to do something against Brady and he didn’t even touch the guy. 0 QB hits, 0 TFL’s, 0 PD’s and 2 total tackles.

Meanwhile Frank gets 2 sacks in a championship game where we know the defense is gonna have to carry the team bc the WR’s are all hurt and the QB is playing on one leg.

Justin Houston was overrated as hell bc of a single good playoff game against the Colts
What about the other championship game?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:22 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Again. This isn't the Ring of "He did a few things that were important in the playoffs." It's the Ring of Honor.
He shouldn’t be in the ring of honor. Who is saying this?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:29 AM 06-09-2023
He shouldn’t be in the ring of honor. Who is saying this?
Megatron
[Reply]
RunKC 10:49 AM 06-09-2023
That’s odd. Well I think today Leonard Floyd is better than Frank and I’m glad they didn’t get him.

Also want us to bring Dunlap back as depth.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 06-09-2023
Yeah we needed Houston to do something against Brady and he didn’t even touch the guy. 0 QB hits, 0 TFL’s, 0 PD’s and 2 total tackles.

Meanwhile Frank gets 2 sacks in a championship game where we know the defense is gonna have to carry the team bc the WR’s are all hurt and the QB is playing on one leg.

Justin Houston was overrated as hell bc of a single good playoff game against the Colts
Justin Houston had a season where he had 22 sacks, that is why he was thought of the way he was.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:30 AM 06-09-2023
Megatron

Well, technically, someone else actually brought up the idea. I just rolled with it. And really what I said that there was a decent statistical argument in Frank's favor. At least until the last couple posts where I got off subject a bit.

Realistically, the only three that are certain to be inducted into the RoH are Mahomes, Travis and Andy. Adding anyone else from the Mahomes era might be too many.

But Frank has enough of the flashy stats, most importantly sacks, in the playoffs to at least get into the conversation.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:33 AM 06-09-2023
The is the first time I've ever heard Clark getting lauded for his ability in coverage.

We're really doing this? We're really arguing that Clark was the kingpin of this whole Chiefs defense?
I didn’t really believe it myself until DJLN - whom we all obviously really respect in terms of football knowledge - kept going on and on about it. Eventually I came to respect Clark’s contribution like he has.

If you disagree, you should take it up with him, but he makes some very impassioned arguments:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't feel like you're considering the blitz packages Spags could install with Clark at the Nickel.
I mean sending Clark into the pattern to just blanket guys while you send Willie and Chenal off the edges. Because there's just gonna be nowhere to go with the football when the Shartnado is out there locking guys up.

But he MIGHT be an elite NCB - so he has that going for him!
80.9!!! Bes coverage grade on the squad!

Frank Clark with the late-career renaissance into a fucking lock-down DB!!!

[Reply]
Mecca 11:33 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, technically, someone else actually brought up the idea. I just rolled with it. And really what I said that there was a decent statistical argument in Frank's favor. At least until the last couple posts where I got off subject a bit.

Realistically, the only three that are certain to be inducted into the RoH are Mahomes, Travis and Andy. Adding anyone else from the Mahomes era might be too many.

But Frank has enough of the flashy stats, most importantly sacks, in the playoffs to at least get into the conversation.
Eh I actually think Tyreek will end up in the ROH after all is said and done, matter of fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he played his last season or 2 here.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:36 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, technically, someone else actually brought up the idea. I just rolled with it.
I think it began when I mentioned his likely inclusion into Canton and then someone else brought up the Ring of Honor discussion. It was all a very lively and good-natured debate with great arguments made on both sides.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:38 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Eh I actually think Tyreek will end up in the ROH after all is said and done, matter of fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if he played his last season or 2 here.

I thought about that, and maybe it happens. I think if he doesn't, it'll be about the optics. A lot of people still believe Hill abused his son, even Chiefs fans. That might be enough of a stain to keep him out, idk.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 AM 06-09-2023
Megatron
*Megatard
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I didn’t really believe it myself until DJLN - whom we all obviously really respect in terms of football knowledge - kept going on and on about it. Eventually I came to respect Clark’s contribution like he has.

If you disagree, you should take it up with him, but he makes some very impassioned arguments:
Elite. Coverage. Edge.

Shart Island, bitches.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:42 AM 06-09-2023

We need Clark to do SOMETHING against Burrow in the AFC championship game and you're handwaiving it.

While calling Houston overrated. Unbelievable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:46 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Justin Houston had a season where he had 22 sacks, that is why he was thought of the way he was.
Yeah, I'd say the 80 career sacks he had in KC has something to do with how he's thought of around here. 'Washed' Houston was better than any season Clark ever gave us.

This is just silly. Houston was overrated but Clark was a critical cog to the chiefs championship machine.

This is just doubling down on bad takes, nothing more.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:48 AM 06-09-2023
Frank Clark never ever lived up to what he was supposed to be, hell he was never the player he was in Seattle to be honest.

This team has 5 DE's that are basically making the roster there wasn't room.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up