ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Media Center>NFBT: Any guitarists out there?
nmt1 01:42 PM 03-05-2002
Hey guys:

Just starting out on the guitar and I'm wanting to buy an electric. I don't have much money and would like to find one that would be cheap and good for a beginner. I've seen some Fender and Ibanez guitars that aren't expensive. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
nmt1 01:05 PM 05-21-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BrainCase
This was on the Musician's Friend website, price was right, so I jumped like a madman. Should arrive here at the office tomorrow.

Epiphone Les Paul Bass
Sweet dude. Rock on!
[Reply]
Braincase 01:25 PM 05-21-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by nmt1

Sweet dude. Rock on!
Apparently, Behringer has released the V-Amp for Bass as well. Should have one next week, currently back ordered. Can't wait to see how this works out.
[Reply]
philfree 06:27 PM 05-21-2003
Playing around right now. I suck! But I'm having fun though. My rythm switch seems to be fuggin up though. Guess I'll just play on treble and run through the blues scale and practice bending notes.........Cold beer and a geet-tar..

PhilFree :-)
[Reply]
2bikemike 06:34 PM 05-21-2003
I am thinking about buying my daughter a Big Baby Taylor guitar for her birthday. I don't play and don't know anything about guitars but I know Taylor makes some damn fine guitars. I am getting a deal on it from a connection within the company.
[Reply]
Braincase 10:04 AM 12-26-2003
Bumpworthy
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:00 PM 12-26-2003
Does radio shack make amps!
[Reply]
teedubya 07:02 PM 12-26-2003
i dont think that Radioshack makes amps but they may sell some.
[Reply]
Braincase 09:36 AM 07-02-2004
Just out curiosity, who is doing Computer Based recording? I just ordered a couple of new toys - Guitar Tracks from Cakewalk (good sale @ MusiciansFried.com) and a USB based recording tool from M-Audio for my notebook.

ANybody have experience with Guitar Tracks?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:44 AM 07-02-2004
Braincase,
I hope that you purchased the USB based recording interface from a store that allows returns without a re-stocking charge. In general, those are very, very bad. First off, most companies have stopped manufacturing USB interfaces in favor of Firewire because Firewire is so much faster than USB 1.0. USB is very slow and it's difficult for any computer (regardless of CPU) to stream even a decent amount of tracks (16 or more). In addition, you can't have anything else running on the USB bus because the audio interface hogs the entire bandwidth.

Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions.

Dane
[Reply]
Pennywise 09:57 AM 07-02-2004
Eruption on the violin
[Reply]
ZepSinger 10:04 AM 07-02-2004
Originally Posted by BrainCase:
Just out curiosity, who is doing Computer Based recording? I just ordered a couple of new toys - Guitar Tracks from Cakewalk (good sale @ MusiciansFried.com) and a USB based recording tool from M-Audio for my notebook.

ANybody have experience with Guitar Tracks?
I've done alot of MIDI recording on the PC- fav software is Emagic Micrologic. Also like Cubase and Cakewalk.
Have done some HD software recording as well.. used Emagic's Logic Pro.
My favorite home recording combination(until I can afford to buy a dedicated 24 track hard disk recorder), is to sync the PC for MIDI tracks to my Fostex 8track analog deck(for guitars and vox). Mix down to DAT, then burn to CD. Kinda the inexpensive way to do it, but it works for me...
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 10:11 AM 07-02-2004
Originally Posted by PennyWise:
Eruption on the violin
:-)
Cool!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:21 AM 07-02-2004
Logic is only available on PC now - Apple bought them a few years back. If you're looking for software, I'd recommend Cubase SL. It's inexpensive, comprehensive and they have an affordable upgrade path. You'll be able to record Midi, use VST instruments (such as the LM4 MkII - a must have drum machine/drum sampler) and be able to use VST effects. I wouldn't recommend jumping into a program such as Nuendo (which is what I use on a daily basis) because it's very pricey, and for your first program, it would be overkill (plus, if you think you're a Braincase now, wait until you're faced with a 750 page manual!).

Computer recording is relatively easy and affordable and can be quite enjoyable just as long as you don't expect your consumer budget recordings to sound like they were done at Ocean Way, or at my studio! :-)

Good luck,

Dane
[Reply]
Braincase 10:49 AM 07-02-2004
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Braincase,
I hope that you purchased the USB based recording interface from a store that allows returns without a re-stocking charge. In general, those are very, very bad. First off, most companies have stopped manufacturing USB interfaces in favor of Firewire because Firewire is so much faster than USB 1.0. USB is very slow and it's difficult for any computer (regardless of CPU) to stream even a decent amount of tracks (16 or more). In addition, you can't have anything else running on the USB bus because the audio interface hogs the entire bandwidth.

Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions.

Dane
I've got a 24-bit setup at home, but I was just looking for something to get stuff into my notebook at work when I have a decent idea at lunch. I thought I'd give the M-Audio MobilePre USB a try. I know it's 16 bit, but it gives me a chance to just get a guitar track onto media.

I was more interested in whoever was using Guitar Tracks...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:23 AM 07-02-2004
Sorry dude, I can't help you with the Guitar Tracks. I mic up my Bogner and Rectifier, but I've heard the NI Guitar Rig and it sounds pretty cool. Maybe check it out.

Dane
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up