ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 192
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 03:00 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What?

The Ravens now have two first rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders along with a 5th from the Chiefs for next year.

They clearly didn't want wait to make a trade until after the draft because those draft picks wouldn't help the team in 2021 but now, they've traded a disgruntled player and added some serious assets in this year's draft.

The Chiefs were going to acquire a good to great left tackle somehow this offseason and the Ravens were the beneficiary of their needs.

The Ravens have ammunition to move up and select a real difference maker at WR which they need
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:00 PM 04-23-2021
Much rather give a 24 year old Brown that type of money instead of a 33 year old Williams.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:01 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I don't know how you can say that about Pringle.
Because he has 330 yards and 2 TD's in multiple seasons for the Chiefs and will be 28 years old during the season.

The dude is lucky to have a gig in the NFL.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:01 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Much rather give a 24 year old Brown that type of money instead of a 33 year old Williams.
This is important. Sure, he’ll be expensive but he’s young. We now have the OL for Mahomes’s prime.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:02 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Because he's big people think he's just a bruiser.

That boy can MOVE. He's an outstanding pass blocker....that's a big motherfucker who also happens to be a savage in the run game.
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Maybe hit some real screens and stuff here and there too....

Like I said, go look at the 42 second mark and watch this kid pull from LT all the way over then blast the LB 5 yards down field
Agreed gents, been brushing up with his highlights posted here... he is absolutely athletic and not just yuge
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:02 PM 04-23-2021
That NFL Rumors account may have a couple sources after all.
Because they said a team who needed a LT might trade for one? They also said the Colts...and Bears....and other teams.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:02 PM 04-23-2021
Well, if you look at it from the Raven's perspective, they just traded a malcontent who had no place on their offensive line for a 1st, 3rd and 4th round pick this season.

From their POV, it's a great trade.
Other than they just made us stronger, yeah.

If I were The Ravens, I would've sent him anywhere but here, but I guess nobody was offering enough.

It totally stocks their draft up nicely.

I just wouldn't have thought that they'd want to deal with US. I figured they'd send him anywhere else.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:02 PM 04-23-2021
Demarcus Robinson is a JAG WR.

Pringle is a garbage WR.
Meh. We're arguing semantics.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:03 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because they said a team who needed a LT might trade for one? They also said the Colts...and Bears....and other teams.
They singled us out as actually having productive talks with the Ravens for Brown.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:03 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No problem at all. That's easy.
Would do that tomorrow and laugh all the way to the Super Bowl for the 3rd straight time.

Brett Veach is a goddman wizard.

The OL looked like such a question mark and like something we might harangue for 20 years after the SB. Now?

Now, the Chiefs have a top 10 OL and possibly the best left side of the line in the NFL.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:03 PM 04-23-2021
Well, this didn't take long:

The Chiefs WILL WIN the Super Bowl after Trading for Orlando Brown Jr. | CBS Sports HQ-Pete Prisco

OMG :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:04 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They gained a 3rd and a 4th round pick in addition to a one round pick upgrade this year (1st to 2nd) and a one round pick upgrade (5th to 6th) next year. It's obviously not nothing, but I don't think it's particularly a lot for a player who can make this kind of impact either. And to also trade him to the team that you have to beat to make it to where you need to go? Not ideal either.
Those picks are far more valuable to the Ravens that a player than has no place on their roster.

You guys also need to keep in mind that the Baltimore Ravens basically convinced Terrell Suggs to report to the Chiefs after being claimed off of waivers during the 2019 season.

The Ravens have enough to worry about with Cleveland, Pittsburgh and an improving roster in Cincy without even thinking about competing with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:04 PM 04-23-2021
Only downside for the Ravens was fortifying the best team in their conference...

It would have been like KC trading with the Patriots when Brady was there...and getting them out of a jam.

I wouldn't have been happy about it...
[Reply]
tredadda 03:05 PM 04-23-2021
What?

The Ravens now have two first rounders, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders along with a 5th from the Chiefs for next year.

They clearly didn't want wait to make a trade until after the draft because those draft picks wouldn't help the team in 2021 but now, they've traded a disgruntled player and added some serious assets in this year's draft.

The Chiefs were going to acquire a good to great left tackle somehow this offseason and the Ravens were the beneficiary of their needs.
Both sides won this trade, but I still think KC came out better as they didn't give up as much as most thought they would. Plus they got a guy most people thought they wouldn't get.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:05 PM 04-23-2021
They singled us out as actually having productive talks with the Ravens for Brown.
Where? The only tweets I see are that they’re linked to the Chiefs, Colts, Bears and WFT. Nothing about the Chiefs specifically.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 192
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up