ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 473 of 934
« First < 373423463469470471472473 474475476477483523573 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:50 AM 02-06-2021
For those trading within your IRAs. I trade in mine as well but after the contribution limit I use Webull.

If I don't necessarily need the liquidity, should I be opening more IRAs to max out and trade in? Is that even allowed? Or am I missing the point entirely of trading within IRAs?
[Reply]
FAH-Q 08:53 AM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
For those trading within your IRAs. I trade in mine as well but after the contribution limit I use Webull.

If I don't necessarily need the liquidity, should I be opening more IRAs to max out and trade in? Is that even allowed? Or am I missing the point entirely of trading within IRAs?
You cannot max out more than one IRA. So you can only contribute $6,000 (or $7,000 if over 50) per year into any IRA you have. I assume most people utilize Roth IRAs to trade within since there are no taxable gains recognized within that account, assuming you don’t actually withdraw the earnings.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:58 AM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
You cannot max out more than one IRA. So you can only contribute $6,000 (or $7,000 if over 50) per year into any IRA you have. I assume most people utilize Roth IRAs to trade within since there are no taxable gains recognized within that account, assuming you don’t actually withdraw the earnings.
So after I max out my 401K and roth IRA my only option for adding funds to trade with is a brokerage account?
[Reply]
FAH-Q 09:01 AM 02-06-2021
So after I max out my 401K and roth IRA my only option for adding funds to trade is a brokerage account?
Correct. And you definitely want a brokerage account anyway as there is a bucket strategy for withdrawing money once you get to the RMD age and you have to start recognizing some of your 401k distributions.

So there is always a magic combination you can use once RMDs kick in to limit, to the extent possible, total taxable income during retirement. That’s why having that brokerage account is critical.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, however I am a CPA so I do know a little bit bout taxes.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:05 AM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
Correct. And you definitely want a brokerage account anyway as there is a bucket strategy for withdrawing money once you get to the RMD age and you have to start recognizing some of your 401k distributions.

So there is always a magic combination you can use once RMDs kick in to limit, to the extent possible, total taxable income during retirement. That’s why having that brokerage account is critical.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, however I am a CPA so I do know a little bit bout taxes.
That's very helpful, thanks
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:57 AM 02-06-2021
So after I max out my 401K and roth IRA my only option for adding funds to trade with is a brokerage account?
Do you have a HSA? You can invest in those and they're triple tax deferred so nothing up front or when you cash out. As long as you use the funds appropriately.

Other than the low contribution limits it's the best retirement plan we get. It's for health care expenses but that ends at 65 and you can use it for whatever. Though you probably have quite a bit of health expenses by that age
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:12 AM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Do you have a HSA? You can invest in those and they're triple tax deferred so nothing up front or when you cash out. As long as you use the funds appropriately.

Other than the low contribution limits it's the best retirement plan we get. It's for health care expenses but that ends at 65 and you can use it for whatever. Though you probably have quite a bit of health expenses by that age
That's a good point, I forgot about my HSA. I invest everything over my out of pocket maximum but don't think I max it out each year.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:35 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
DOCU
DDD
RMBS
MU
CMG
TSLA
Z
AMD
LULU
NVDA
T
TSN
V

The bottom three are the laggards.
Decent list except for T. T is worthless and you won’t convince me otherwise.

Nice job.
[Reply]
philfree 05:32 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Nice job.
Most of those stocks I got through a subscription service so I'll take credit for buying when I did but that's all. The three laggards didn't come from that subscription nor NVDA.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:55 AM 02-08-2021
What's hot this week?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:00 PM 02-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
What's hot this week?
I'm up huge on

ZOM
GILT
NNDM
FCEL

25 stocks in my portfolio and all green today and 1/4 of them up over 10% just today
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 01:10 PM 02-08-2021
I just picked up some PTE and NIO today.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:18 PM 02-08-2021
Threw the $$$ I had budgeted for Super Bowl gear at OGI this morning

Fairly happy all things considered
[Reply]
eDave 01:20 PM 02-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm up huge on

ZOM
GILT
NNDM
FCEL

25 stocks in my portfolio and all green today and 1/4 of them up over 10% just today
I think you are cut out for this.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:12 PM 02-08-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Nice job.
As an ex-employee I can confirm. Worse bureaucracy than the govt. Openly hostile to their customers and worse to their employees.

However they're so big they can basically buy off the govt to stifle competition in any area they want. Or in some cases like they have already hybrid-fused with the govt. Which is why their stock may be a good buy long term I dunno.
[Reply]
Page 473 of 934
« First < 373423463469470471472473 474475476477483523573 > Last »
Up